BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] To The Board And Fans Of Rovers.

At this point, considering that Benni is starting regularly, we have to convince him to stay cause it will be suicide to sell him.

Are you for real...He's been thieving 30k a week off us for years....Sams desperate to get rid of him cos he can probably get in two decent free's or loans with Benni's wages....He offers nothing long term, and the quicker he's gone the better....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we transfer listed Benni and Pedersen we'd be lucky to get £3m between them. Who are we going to bring in for that to replace both of them?

I would take the 3 million for the two of them in a heart beat. Then bring in Luca Toni (2 year deal), Stuart Holden (4 year deal) and Lingazani (sic)(4 year deal). Luca would likely be on expensive wages, but Holden and the French kid (whose name I can't spell for the life of me) should be very cheap (comparatively).

Edit: Also Beattie and Belhadji (sic) might also be possibilities.

its so so sad that a club like ours appears to have divided fans, your pathetic for not getting behind sam

and the board. the team cannot be changed at the moment! have some bloody faith, we are a VERY SMALL CLUB

every season we stay up is a minor miracle. i do think that you're in the minority however and it is largely

internet folk that don't go to the games that complain...

DELETE THIS THREAD!!!

if you're that bothered start protesting after home games, then you'll see how pathetic you are!

ok..i go.

comments heard yesterday....

id rather be at b and q

why do i bother

rather watch paint dry

expert? glad we dont have a knob in chrge

what the (Please don't use that word again) have we become

your getting sacked in the morning

allerdyce just (Please don't use that word again) offf back to bolton

never coming again whilst that idiots in charge

bring back ince

ok..i go.

id rather be at b and q

why do i bother

rather watch paint dry

bring back ince

So you know waggy then :blink::blink:

ok..i go.

id rather be at b and q

why do i bother

rather watch paint dry

bring back ince

Choose your friends more wisely!

ok..i go.

id rather be at b and q

why do i bother

rather watch paint dry

bring back ince

Unfair that. You really need to sit somewhere else Abbey if thats the best you hear.

It was a toothless performance rather than a bad one. Spurs are flying and have lots of money on the pitch but we more than matched them in most areas of the game as the stats will no doubt prove. I cannot rem Robinson having a save to make other than the two goals. In the past year or more Spurs have lost their best player Berbatov but have brought in Defoe, Crouch and Keane, we on the other hand have seen 5 of our very best players depart Brad, Tugay, RSC, Bentley and Warnock and we've had a small fraction to spend. We should be much much weaker than Spurs but it really wasn't all that apparent was it? So why the crappy comments? Tell em to stfu next match and think about things a little more.

The problem is that there are no goals in the team and as a result I did notice a very subdued and quiet crowd walking away to the car. Unfortunately I feel the problem with our supporters is down to expectation. Jacks millions allowed us to reach for the stars but that era's all over now. We are back to where economic reallity constantly kicks in. Speak to a clampett and they are ecstatic about their situation talk to a Rovers fan and it's all doom and gloom. The fact is there is not a cigarette paper between us at the moment and both clubs are nervously looking over their shoulders at the teams beneath them. As I said it's all a question of perspective.

ok..i go.

id rather be at b and q

why do i bother

rather watch paint dry

bring back ince

Things I heard (and to be honest a much more fair assessment than the muppets you must sit with....

The 1st goal was a clear foul (by at least 20 different fans who saw it in the concourse on the tv)

We were unlucky

We played well

It just wont go in no matter what today

Cant believe how much luck Spurs have had

They have got every bounce of the ball

We didnt play bad - just would go for us

Then I heard 1 tosser telling the team to fook off and giving them V's.

Unsurprisingly you offer the polar opposite which is still mainly untrue.

Very simple game, both teams played okay, the team with more quality won. No luck involved.

We move on, Spurs in an expensive squad and 6 times out of ten they will beat us.

I'm sorry but i do believe Rovers have some of the most stupid fans in the country and don't deserve a premiership football club. We have NO MONEY, Our shirt sales are the lowest in the premiership by MILES, our season tickets are worth £100 so barely cover a weeks wages. We have to give freee pies to get people to spend money, free shirt printing to get people to buy shirts. WE ARE SKINT thats why we have to sell to cover costs, Do people think the trust are sitting on a gold mine??

Sunderland, Man City, Birmingham, Stoke have all now got money to burn and overtaken us. This has all happened since MH left so don't throw that up

We are a town club, with a very average team. What do people expect??

Prem Stats:

Di Santo: 12 starts + 1 sub = 1 goal

Roberts: 9 starts + 5 sub = 3 goals

McCarthy: 4 starts + 7 sub = 0 goals

Kalinic: 1 start + 9 sub = 0 goals

Not very healthy.

Throw in Dunn now seemingly crocked for the forseeable future, a complete lack of any creativity throughout the current 'healthy' crop of players and a flapping Robinson and all is not well. Oh and only our lovely neighbours are keeping us off the foot of the Premier form league.

I genuinely believe that the next two games will make or break our season. Carry on this winless run and barron spell in front of goal and to point out the obvious we are in big big trouble. How people can talk of things looking 'promising' is quite frankly ridiculous.

By the way this isn't a Sam out bash, we won't sack him and probably couldn't do much better than him.

Prem Stats:

Di Santo: 12 starts + 1 sub = 1 goal

Roberts: 9 starts + 5 sub = 3 goals

McCarthy: 4 starts + 7 sub = 0 goals

Kalinic: 1 start + 9 sub = 0 goals

Not very healthy.

I don't think we have a striker problem. We are simply a missing a David Bentley to put it on a plate for them.

I agree. I said in my post that without Dunn and Emerton there isn't an ounce of creativity in our side. The problem is also that when they do get a chance they are royally fluffing them.

Another problem is the type of striker that we have. Sam was bemoaning how we were unable to sign a Darren Bent or a Peter Crouch in the summer; they're two players who can create something out of nothing. Bent with his pace and Crouch with his height. Sadly, we don't have that kind of player in attack. Most of our players like the ball to feet, or lack the aerial strength for high balls. I remember when we did have some pace and trickery in Bellamy - Most of our play involved whacking it down the line and hoping he'd pull something out of the bag. Until we sign a decent playmaker, I think most of our forwards will be going to waste.

Just on the subject of the shirt sales. I can't remember the last time I bought a shirt, reason being they're CRAP. Whoever OK's the design can't be a Rover, he should hang his head in shame. Bring out a decent shirt and I'll buy one. My son gets one every year and the design and quality is embarrassing. I used to proud of the old blue and white halves but not any more.

Yeah, and Allardyce bought one of them!

It's not a question of what I would do, it's a question of the situation Allardyce has put us in. Clearly he's happy to have a predominantly route one strategy, because his sole focus was on getting strikers in, to the exclusion of a ball-player.

PS: Someone in an ivory tower is concerned with intellectual puruits far removed from every day life. What's that got to with slating poor play? I hardly think those who'd like to see a bit of football played are existing in a rarefied academic atmosphere.

This is a bit harsh. We played decent football against Spurs, I thought it was quite attractive. We kept the ball on the ground, Benni, Hoilett, Di Santo and Kalinic all showed real skill. Grella and NZonzi passed the ball well. What we don't seem able to do is score. At home at least the quality of football has been better than what Hughes offered towards the end of his time at Rovers.

Brum away was unbelievably terrible though.

Ps. We are not going to sack Allardyce as:

1) He is not doing that badly.

2) He has had no money to spend.

3) We cannot afford to pay him off.

4) There is no one out there we can appoint who offers us a better bet than Sam (even Hughes - if he wanted to come back which I severely doubt - would have major questions about his desire and commitment to Rovers. Plus how would we offer the sort of salary he got at City?)

So all of this is unbelievably pointless. Until we are a few points adrift in the relegation zone this will not even be considered by the board. A waste of breath.

I'm sorry but i do believe Rovers have some of the most stupid fans in the country and don't deserve a premiership football club. We have NO MONEY, Our shirt sales are the lowest in the premiership by MILES, our season tickets are worth £100 so barely cover a weeks wages. We have to give freee pies to get people to spend money, free shirt printing to get people to buy shirts. WE ARE SKINT thats why we have to sell to cover costs, Do people think the trust are sitting on a gold mine??

Sunderland, Man City, Birmingham, Stoke have all now got money to burn and overtaken us. This has all happened since MH left so don't throw that up

We are a town club, with a very average team. What do people expect??

Some obviously expect Galactico's by the sound of those surrounding Abbey Bubblerovers. Best saved till last .....'Bring back Ince'! :lol: Either that bloke was tongue in cheek and taking the ###### out of the others moaning all around him or he should be certified. ^_^

This is a bit harsh. We played decent football against Spurs, I thought it was quite attractive. We kept the ball on the ground, Benni, Hoilett, Di Santo and Kalinic all showed real skill. Grella and NZonzi passed the ball well. What we don't seem able to do is score. At home at least the quality of football has been better than what Hughes offered towards the end of his time at Rovers.

Some people only see what they want to jbn. I think Bryan is one of them.

If I'm doing you a disservice Bryan them please say so but how many times have you seen BRFC play live in the past 3 years simply in order to encompass one year of each manager? If you have not watched a live match I'm afraid that at best your judgement will be seriously flawed. Mark Hughes got good players without a doubt and the club sold them. The reasons for each sale are probably varied, some players obviously would have wanted more money / recognition, it might even have been to discourage asset strippers or even allow for cheaper bids from potential buyers I don't know. What I do know is that Allardyce or any other manager can only pick from the players available. As we all must know by now cos of players contracts and our lack of funds it takes a long time to change much of the personnel in a squad. I trust you are aware how much Mark Hughes struggled recently to do that even with all his financial clout.

So 2 questions for you Bry....

1. How do you think Wenger or Ferguson for example would go on with our squad?

2. How do you think we would have fared this season if Sam had Brad, Bentley, RSC and Warnock all fit and available?

Archived