BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets - Would You Renew Next Year?

The only time I would ever question the renewal of my season ticket would be if the cost became so great that it would be impossible for me to go ahead. (Anything upwards of £500 for the BBE in the current climate would be the kind of figure that I am talking about but even then I would find the cash I am sure...) Rovers are my team, and quite simply I would be lost on a Saturday without my trip to Ewood Park.

I have seen far better displays at Ewood than recently, but then again I have seen far worse - far, far worse...

Only a third home defeat in 12 months in one of/the world's best leagues at £200 a season ticket? I don't think some of our fans know they are born these days judging by the mood on this board tonight.

The days of having the worlds best centre forward banging them in week in, week out for fun have gone I am afraid, and maybe that is the problem, but there are at least 80 football league clubs whose fans have to pay more money to see the same quality or less.

Perhaps it is the time of year, but I really think some of us need to focus on a White Xmas rather than a Blue one, on the Rovers spectrum.

This forum is getting ridiculous.

Why wouldn't people renew? 200 quid? These are slightly difficult times when you look at the big picture of the last 40 years, how the hell people would have coped in the mid 80s I never know, oh that's right people stayed away.

Get behind the club for f*** sake, never crosses my mind not to get a ST, rough with the smooth, that's what being a fan is all about!

I've got to admit that I didn't renew this season for the first time in 20 odd years. Went to my first match in 1961 R v Leicester 3-1 victory and was hooked from then on in as I sat on the perimeter wall with other youngsters.

My decision was made last season as the coach took an eternity to get us back to Ewood from Stoke after we didn't have a single attempt on target. I decided that evening I was going to take up golf again. The reasons for this were as follows:

1. Sam did a terrific job in securing our status in the top flight by grinding out results last season. It wasn't always pretty but it was effective. However, I always felt in the back of my mind that we survived because there were a few other teams around us who were absolutely abysmal. (eg. Newcastle).

2. I went to a fair few away games last season and decided to travel by coach. Maybe it is something whereby you become less tolerant as you get older, but I became more and more ashamed of some of our supporters using abusive, threatening and racist abuse on a regular basis. I find it sad that there is a growing band of particularly young lads aged 16 -25 who constantly berate opposition supporters ( from a distance of 20-30 yards I might add, how hard is that?) and stewards and hardly spend any time whatsoever watching the game. Lads, a message to you all - get rid of your energies by signing up for a team in the Blackburn, Accrington or Rossendale Combination and play the game on a Saturday afternoon. There is plenty of time to watch it in the future.

3. The Premier League is no longer a level playing field and we stand little chance of pulling off a decent result against the top teams. Even a few years ago we could compete against the big clubs and put in a performance. Some of our players don't look interested today and we no longer clatter the opposition and really 'get in their faces'. It's not long ago that we had the likes of Savage, Lucas Neil, Andy Todd and Paul Dickov upsetting Wenger, SAF and Mouriniho.

4. Fair credit to the club in slashing prices for season tickets and for the public in responding accordingly. 26,000 on the Saturday before Xmas is a terrific achievement. In response to the topic, I wonder what the take-up will be next season with our current system of play? I have been to the 2 Carling Cup games and the 2 for £20 offer but apart from the Chelsea game, I haven't really come away from Ewood in a positive frame of mind.

5. I have in the past defended BS and felt that he mixed the long ball percentage game with some decent football. However, after what I have seen this season, I am beginning to have my doubts.

So there it is, I won't be renewing next season but trying to get my golf handicap down. The thing about golf is that you can't blame any else but yourself. If I have a bad round I can't blame MGP, EHD or KA or BS or 4-5-1!

My golf competition was cancelled today because of the ice/snow and I was tempted to go down to Ewood. I am not proud to admit that instead I listened to it on Radio Lancs and SSN and do you know what... I am glad I stayed indoors because it seemed to be the same old.

I will always love the Rovers and maybe one day I may return to the fold. But certain things must change and in the meantime I will try to improve my golf swing and get my handicap down.

Here's hoping we start to score a few goals and climb the table.

It would appear that those with little backbone are coming out from under their stones of late!

Good, another another one to mark down as not being on the bus to Burnley come March.

We dont need any spineless ###### with us that day.

Good, another another one to mark down as not being on the bus to Burnley come March.

We dont need any spineless ###### with us that day.

Haha made me laugh did that and I don't know why.

As disappointed as I am, I just can't stay away. Rovers is my life, and I can't imagine a Saturday without Rovers.

Bring on the @#/?s!

Though I have regularly attended for 30 years - this season was my first season ticket (the price meant that missing the odd match due to other commitments was no hardship).

If tickets continue at this price I will buy again - simple as.

I look at todays team - and for the first time for a long time (probably since the Jansen/Duff/Dunn era) see youth with genuine promise.

Hoilett - nowhere the finished article, but maybe our own Arran Lennon ? Lets hope he signs a new contract.

Nzonzi - the new Patrick Viera ? Thought it was just a newspaper headline when he first signed, but the lad has genuine promise.

Samba - still very young for a centre half - the guy is already immense and will only get better as he gains more experience.

Jones - yet to make full EPL debut, but has looked very composed during our cup run.

Kallanic - been unlucky so far, but shows the predatory instincts that you can't teach. If we get the service right - this guy could really be a find.

We are still lacking in many areas - but there is hope. And for all the doom and gloom merchants following todays match - we have had some good matches this year. Yes it has been up and down - can't believe how we can be so good one minute and so awful the next. Personally not sure about Sam's tactics at times - but I think he shouldn't be criticised too much for todays performance - if we had gone at Spuds all guns blazing (as some people are suggesting) they would have easily picked us off - and probably won even more convincingly. There was a good balance in our play - probably undone by some poor refereeing throughout - but definitely in the last minute of the first half.

Of course I'll renew.

I was on the one coach that went to Leyton Orient and on one of the two that went to Bristol Rovers, both in the 70s.

If i can watch Second Division mediocrity and Third Division mediocrity before that, I can watch Premier League mediocrity as well.

Even if we go down (I don't think we will), I'll be there.

Rubber dinghy men, we do not need.

Haha made me laugh did that and I don't know why.

As disappointed as I am, I just can't stay away. Rovers is my life, and I can't imagine a Saturday without Rovers.

Bring on the @#/?s!

Thats the only important thing this season, unless we beat Villa in the semis.

Who DESERVES TO BE ON THE BUS TO BURNLEY IN MARCH ? - the rest is simply a build up to it.

Allardyce puts his whole footballing career on the line for this one.

Thats the only important thing this season, unless we beat Villa in the semis.

Who DESERVES TO BE ON THE BUS TO BURNLEY IN MARCH ? - the rest is simply a build up to it.

Allardyce puts his whole footballing career on the line for this one.

Agreed.

Haha, I actually could hug you. Finally someone with the same attitude as me!

Lose that game and I will be furious, and anti-Sam. May be wrong, but I really don't want to lose to them lot. Win and all will be well in the world!

Think I am guaranteed a ticket, after Wigan it will be eight away games this season, plus every home game. Wonder if we will get their public transport buses or coaches?

Agreed.

Haha, I actually could hug you. Finally someone with the same attitude as me!

Lose that game and I will be furious, and anti-Sam. May be wrong, but I really don't want to lose to them lot. Win and all will be well in the world!

Think I am guaranteed a ticket, after Wigan it will be eight away games this season, plus every home game. Wonder if we will get their public transport buses or coaches?

I'll wisper this this quietly, and please dont tell anyone else, but waggy is of the same frame of mind.

Give the dross served up at Ewood this year (and last) I wonder how many people would renew their season ticket next year? Would it depend on price?

I knew this thread would turn into another "i`m a better fan than you" thread.

To answer your original question is, 'yes' i will 'probably' re-new my season ticket next season, but 'yes' it does depend on price (amongst many other things)

Hopefully the prices will be kept low & hopefully the quality of football on offer will improve.

That is good to hear :) Shame he won't be able to make it with him not having a ST..

You never know with waggy, if he put his mind to it, and wants it, then he'll be there but it might take no Allardyce in charge to guarantee it.

. . .

5. I have in the past defended BS and felt that he mixed the long ball percentage game with some decent football. However, after what I have seen this season, I am beginning to have my doubts.

I think you might have seen that mix at the match today. While I only saw it via the miracle of television, it was nowhere close to being "hoof ball". The score line was not indicative of the Rovers' performance, which I thought was pretty good.

Subject to huge hikes in prices or job loss I will renew. I will however want to try to get further back in the Riverside than row 5 where I'm exposed to the elements. I tried this season but the huge demand couldn't make this possible. Perhaps that's one of the positives to come out of the brand of football we're being served up - I'll have no trouble moving next season.

Give the dross served up at Ewood this year (and last) I wonder how many people would renew their season ticket next year? Would it depend on price?

Obviously. One third only have em now because of the price!

We are faced with the very real threat of being relegated and putting the ST's up by 40%. A scenario that would likely see BRFC off trhe minute any parachute payments dry up.

Be effin difficult getting Lancashire Rangers off the ground then might I add. Jack Walker blew the best chance of that unfortunately.

The question raised was nothing to do with a question of commitment. From a commercial view Rovers gained around 4000 extra season ticket holders + retained many who would not have renewed at £400+ following last season. There will always be a hardcore of fans attending no matter what and perhaps this forum is not representative of the majority of fans who attend as a lifestle choice rather than a religion.

Was interested to know how many of the 'new' ST holders (and I'm one) would consider renewing again if prices rose.

As for the rubber dinghy comments I was a ST holder throughout the 80's and attended many away games.... on which basis there must be at least 12000 rubber dinghy men around.

As for the rubber dinghy comments I was a ST holder throughout the 80's and attended many away games.... on which basis there must be at least 12000 rubber dinghy men around.

Don't want to be pedantic but natural wasteage will prob have seen that figure reduce by about 30% won't it? :(

Obviously. One third only have em now because of the price!

We are faced with the very real threat of being relegated and putting the ST's up by 40%. A scenario that would likely see BRFC off trhe minute any parachute payments dry up.

That was kind of the point Theno. Would be interested to know how many of the new ST holders would renew based on what they've seen. Perhaps I should have phrased the question a little better!

Don't want to be pedantic but natural wasteage will prob have seen that figure reduce by about 30% won't it? :(

Not following you there. Our gates were between 5-7k 30% - natural wastage now would indicate crowds of around 4k!

Was simply trying to point out that over the past 20 years we have grown our attendances to circa 20k so does that mean we've gained 15/16k glory hunters or simply people who choose to watch their football at Ewood?

Archived