BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Sunderland - Dec 28Th Preview (Well Sort Of...)

You must be forgetting his substitutions against Portsmouth and Sunderland. He turned 0 points into at least 1 or 3. I think you're also forgetting some of the decent football we've played this season when we had Dunn in the team, our best midfielders are out injured what do you expect? I personally think it's the players who are under-performing.

Bang-on. I think that if we'd had Dunn, Grella and Bert available, we'd have a good 6/7 more points at least. All hypothetical, but that's how I see it.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of which were Allardyce signings. Real Madrid, Barca Inter all sack managers frequently. We shouldn't be scared of adios when things are nt progressing but regressing. Getting shut of Kidd after 8 months and Ince after 4 were good decisions. A manager can destroy a club and whilst I applaud the loyalty of a few Internet blues on here, the reality is a vast majority will be singing for his head soon if results carry on deterioating.

This isn't about Sam but Blackburn Rovers and the two are totally different

• Backroom

You must be forgetting his substitutions against Portsmouth and Sunderland. He turned 0 points into at least 1 or 3. I think you're also forgetting some of the decent football we've played this season when we had Dunn in the team, our best midfielders are out injured what do you expect? I personally think it's the players who are under-performing.

And you must be forgetting how he got it wrong in the first place in those games. Potentially turning 3 points into 0 or 1 before adjusting it.

And you must be forgetting how he got it wrong in the first place in those games. Potentially turning 3 points into 0 or 1 before adjusting it.

Team selection against Portsmouth

Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Diouf, Emerton, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Dunn, Di Santo.

McCarthy and Roberts were hardly on form. Kalinić, Hoilett and Salgado the other options, they were hardly first team regulars?

Team selection against Sunderland

Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Hoilett, Andrews, Nzonzi, Pedersen, McCarthy Roberts.

Again can't see anything wrong with the team selection, Diouf not on form, Di Santo only scored once in the league and Kalinic hasn't scored at all in the league, made sense to start with Roberts who has 3 goals and McCarthy, who after getting his first against Wigan looked certain to go on and get more goals.

So I can't really say he got it wrong in the first place.

• Backroom

Do you not remember the way we approached the Pompey game, it was awful, Dunn was playing far too deep and Di Santo was isolated.

There is no way Roberts deserved a start on monday either.

I would say most times when a manager has to make a triple sub it's an indication he got something wrong in the first place, there are excpetions obviously though.

Archived