BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Sunderland - Dec 28Th Preview (Well Sort Of...)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will start with a total new setup, and i go for it like this

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton NZonzi Pedersen

DI Santo

Benni Kalinic

2 -0 Rovers and i go for Benni for both goals.

But with BFS at the helm, i reacon we will play a 6-2-2 ;-)

My predicted line-up:

Robinson

Chimbonda

Nelsen

Samba

Givet

Emerton

Nzonzi

Salgado

MGP

Kalinic

Roberts

This isnt what I want but I can see Sam shuffling the pack for some fresh legs.

If he picks that we'll lose. Pedersen and Roberts offer nothing at all to the team and should be used - only if absolutely necessary! - from the bench. Would rather see Olsson on the left wing - at least he has pace which is something Pedersen has never had - and it's not humanly possible that his crossing could be worse.

Would also start with Benni and Kalinic up front - and that's UP FRONT Allardyce, not in the Dunny role in a 4-5-1.

Oh - and how the hell can we drop Hoilett?!? He's the only player we have with pace and trickery ....

From official site:

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Hoilett, Andrews, Nzonzi, Pedersen, McCarthy, Roberts.

Subs: Brown, Jacobsen, Diouf, Olsson, Kalinic, Di Santo, Salgado.

The only logic I can see behind Andrews and Roberts starting is that Sam want to give them some shop window time before silly season begins.

Givet isn't a full-back, and Andrews is #$@*. On the plus side, Benni & Roberts worked to some extent last year, but Kalinic is still being screwed over. How is the guy ever supposed to find any consistency when he plays once a month?

The only logic I can see behind Andrews and Roberts starting is that Sam want to give them some shop window time before silly season begins.

Silliest crap ive heard in a long time. No disrespect mate, but we need our better players starting every game.

This is going to be grim:

1425: TEAMS Blackburn v Sunderland

Blackburn: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Hoilett, Andrews, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Roberts, McCarthy. Subs: Brown, Jacobsen, Diouf, Olsson, Kalinic, Di Santo, Salgado.

Sunderland: Fulop, Bardsley, Nosworthy, Da Silva, McCartney, Henderson, Meyler, Cana, Murphy, Campbell, Bent. Subs: Carson, Zenden, Healy, Reed, Anderson, Noble, Liddle.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Emerton for us and Jones for them have not recovered.

Andrews and Roberts?! Either Sam sees our previous matches completely different to 99% of Rovers fans or he is just clueless. I understand playing Andrews if there is nonother option, but playing Roberts? EPIC FACEPALM!!11!! Maybe he'll play well he usually has 1 goid game in 10. :-(

Archived