BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Sunderland - Dec 28Th Preview (Well Sort Of...)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm unsure whether Junior will end up being a good player. So far, he looks quick, but can't beat players and can't cross or shoot either. Think he'd be better in Athletics.

Totally agree. He is also often out of position and does not read the game well. Although the Chelsea cup game has made me most concerned towards his shooting ability.

I'm unsure whether Junior will end up being a good player. So far, he looks quick, but can't beat players and can't cross or shoot either. Think he'd be better in Athletics.

Yeah, I'd like to see him play up front a few times...doesn't seem to be a natural winger. They all look dire today.

Done sweet FA as usual.

We should bring on Kalinic, at least he creates a chance or two going off recent performances.

Beat me to it. Roberts has been a spectator and needs dragging off.

First half was incredibly dull, with Andrews our biggest threat. -_-

Absolutely the worst football I have seen all season. This is truly shocking. I mean, it's been bad before, but we really have not managed to string more than two passes together this half. 90% of our touches are long, useless hooves forward which result to absolutely nothing, and only Keith Andrews has actually tried to score (and gotten close btw). As expected, Roberts and Pedersen might as well not be there.

It really is hard to swallow that these players will be paid money in the end of the week for this "effort". Same goes for BFS, who doesn't seem to have a single idea how we should play.

I've never been reminded of the team that went down so much until recently, garbage. Sam might as well stick Robinson in as sweeper, one in midfield and the other nine waiting in the box for a cheeky head over the keeper. I've never heard a commentator make fun of a teams tactics the way they do with us.

Horrible stuff, long-ball and created nothing. Only slight plus was that Andrews had a couple of nice shots from distance.

Why does Roberts play?

Your guess us as good as mine! He hasn't done anything if note in this game, or any other recent game. I know Di Santo doesn't score, but at least he gets involved and holds up the ball! To be fair to all our strikers though, the crosses and support from midfield are non existant. He could have Roque in this team and he wouldn't be scoring. No service at all.

The second half could be the definitive moment of our season.

IF we can win Sunderland with the possibility of Dunn and Emerton back for the next game (Grella a week or two after) I can see us pushing for a top 10 position.

IF we lose then we have failed to capitalise on the teams below us drawing/losing, I have a sneaky feeling today Kalinic will make amends for his misses against Sunderland earlier in the season. 2-0 Rovers.

Archived