BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Happened To Our Youth?

Amo

Whilst so much of what you say I agree with, I believe vision cannot be taught, that is inbuilt, Vision is spontaneous, I dont think you could really show taht, you have it or you havent,

I was going to say the same Maj.

With you being into coaching I was a bit surprised with the Tugay/Vision/Pass it on statement.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed but most of the top players from those countries are plying their trade elsewhere. Surely for a club like ours there's not enough revenue in simply developing players destined to ply their trade in Div 2/3 or wherever whilst hoping every 10 years to unearth a Duff or Dunny, it's much easier to grub around for the crumbs off the top table..... the Robinsons, Bentleys, RSC's, Givets, Warnocks and N'Zonzi's?

No there isn't but if the likes of West ham can consistently develop prem players so can Rovers.

Grubbing round is fine but we must now get them here before 18 for them to be club grown players. As such we need an academy that produces players for us and I'm sure it will be one of the reasons Bobby left.

The fact we're buying players like that for me just shows how dire our academy has been over the last 10 years.

Hang on. The last WC Final was contested by two teams of 30 somethings. Brazils team goes through spells of being great and then very beatable.

Holland haven't won squat in a very long time and Spain, who are probably the best team in the world right now, have waited a century for a team to actually achieve its potential.

I'm not talking teams, I'm talking individuals.

Curious how Spain have become the best in the world 10 years after adopting the style of coaching & science I endorse. Have you seen their U18's & U16's they are still coming through.

Also didn't their second string take us apart with ease?

But tugay had vision, if he could be trained and developed into a good coach then perhaps he could pass that on?

Whilst so much of what you say I agree with, I believe vision cannot be taught, that is inbuilt, Vision is spontaneous, I dont think you could really show taht, you have it or you havent, however skills, passing etc can be coached and Tugay was a master at passing!!

On coaching, I wonder why no one ever got Dave Thomas to coach lads how to cross a ball? maybe a role here for Beckham when he finishes playing!!!

Propreoception, is the key to vision and if its in-built and un-trainable then why are some spainish clubs inducing it in kids as young as 6? Surely it shouldn't matter if its genetic as your saying, when it develops. Tugay could quite easily stop play and say this is what I would do eventually the kids will improve their vision and decision making, provided he's able to communicate it too them effectively. Perhaps you could even design sessions to get them doing it without knowing it as well. Since I've seen kids displaying this as young as 6 in spain and we wait for it to develop around 11 I reckong with an extra 5 years they'll have serious vision.

Whilst I believe that potential differ's from person to person, I believe it can be realised and fufilled through clever coaching and I would hazard by the lack of creative players coming through at present in england that we are not doing this. When I also consider Spain, France, Portugal and the eastern europeans (starting to come through after adopting similiar coaching styles to Sapin etc) and the kids they are producing and how many of them have this, I won't be swayed.

If its in built its genetic and if its genetic it can be found and isolated and as such a test for it could be done, but no-ones researching that in the whole field, there must be a reason why. I reckon you could make a lot of money with that.

If its in built its genetic and if its genetic it can be found and isolated and as such a test for it could be done, but no-ones researching that in the whole field, there must be a reason why. I reckon you could make a lot of money with that.

If it's genetic Maj, the only cure is a bone marrow transplant.

Isn't propreoception to do with balance? Didn't realise it was a vision thing.

Either we should go the full gun on the academy or bin it altogether. At the moment it's just a pointless drain on resources. As I've said before, binning the academy completely and improving the scouting would be better than what we have now.

I remember when youth team players graduated to the first team via the reserves, there was none of this academy stuff. If we can't attract youngsters who are good enough in sufficient quantites to put through the academy and get a certain % into the first team then the whole thing is a loss-maker for no good reason and we have to go back to the previous model.

I don't think you need world class facilities for kids, pardon my French but I think that's ######. You definitely need good coaches and somewhere decent enough to practise, but as far as getting fit enough is concerned, you could get there with a low-tech approach.

coaching is far more important than facilities.

If it's genetic Maj, the only cure is a bone marrow transplant.

LOL, thats something I never considered I wonder if its viable?

Isn't propreoception to do with balance? Didn't realise it was a vision thing.

Either we should go the full gun on the academy or bin it altogether. At the moment it's just a pointless drain on resources. As I've said before, binning the academy completely and improving the scouting would be better than what we have now.

I remember when youth team players graduated to the first team via the reserves, there was none of this academy stuff. If we can't attract youngsters who are good enough in sufficient quantites to put through the academy and get a certain % into the first team then the whole thing is a loss-maker for no good reason and we have to go back to the previous model.

I don't think you need world class facilities for kids, pardon my French but I think that's ######. You definitely need good coaches and somewhere decent enough to practise, but as far as getting fit enough is concerned, you could get there with a low-tech approach.

coaching is far more important than facilities.

Means awareness of where you are in relation to another object, it has a number of uses and your right one of its uses (the word) concerns balance. I'll use the term spacial awareness from now on.

I have to ask do I know you? as thats what I'm saying all the time.

I'm all for binning one squad player and pumping his wages to the academy as good coaches cost money but not that much. The rest would go on support and science.

But tugay had vision, if he could be trained and developed into a good coach then perhaps he could pass that on?

Whilst so much of what you say I agree with, I believe vision cannot be taught, that is inbuilt, Vision is spontaneous, I dont think you could really show taht, you have it or you havent, however skills, passing etc can be coached and Tugay was a master at passing!!

I wonder which academy Tugay went through to develop his skills...... it must have been a good one.

Just listening to the pundits on Sky Sports, one top suggestion is that no player in Academies should be from another country and they should not be allowed to move until they are 18, there are questions about our coaching, all the badges attained by ex pros etc yet we are still not producing our own players, the concensus was clear, there simply must be better players around in England than some of the lads recruited from abroad and the Fa/ Premier League must address this quickly with a 20 year plan or our International future will be dire!!

• 3 weeks later...

well, going to check on our youth tonight, anyone know if there is much fog in Blackburn???

Reply would be a help, leaving in 10 minutes!!

It's a bit misty up here in Darwen, not enough to change anything though - we're going to pop down to the game tonight as well.

• Backroom

I'd say Sunday was promising due to the team at the end having 4 players around 21 in Olsson, Kalinic, Hoilett and NZonzi with Jones on the bench.

If these can carry on making an impact it can only be good for us

After last nights 1-0 win over Orient in Round 4 of the Youth Cup Rovers will now play Man Utd at Ewood on Saturday 30th January ko.7 pm.in Round 5.

If that date is correct (and it's not on the official site as yet that I can see) then there will be some very grumpy die hards who would normally attend (and who were there last night) ... because they won't be past the M25 on the way back from West Ham when the U18s kick off against Man Utd.

If that date is correct (and it's not on the official site as yet that I can see) then there will be some very grumpy die hards who would normally attend (and who were there last night) ... because they won't be past the M25 on the way back from West Ham when the U18s kick off against Man Utd.

And some of us will only just have come out of Cheltenham racecourse!

I think the FA make the draws for their Youth Cup some weeks ahead so other factors come into play. Having checked the fixtures again it is likely there may be changes as West Ham who play QPR in Round 4 have been drawn at home to play Newcastle in Round 5 also on the 30th. Cant really see a Premiership fixture at 3 followed by a Youth Cup match at 7 at the same ground!! However this doesnt really impact on our tie at Ewood but it`s a shame if the diehards do miss out on what is being described the "tie of the round".

Archived