BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Groundhog January - Rovers V Villa

jonv

Did anyone watch the game last night v Liverpool - O'Neill reckons they were unlucky and should of been out of sight - I disagree and think that if you play for 0-0 then you deserve that all comes your way, they only really attacked for about 10 mins of the entire game!

Liverpool were the better team, more attacking and that 1 bit of class showed the difference a top, top striker can make.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone watch the game last night v Liverpool - O'Neill reckons they were unlucky and should of been out of sight - I disagree and think that if you play for 0-0 then you deserve that all comes your way, they only really attacked for about 10 mins of the entire game!

Liverpool were the better team, more attacking and that 1 bit of class showed the difference a top, top striker can make.

I watched the Villa game last night, I thought they were hitting alot of long balls to Carew, it's not going be attractive football when we play them, without Young on the wing they didn't create alot, he is back from suspension for us great! Abonglohor is always dangerous on the break as we already know, Villa are beatable!!

I disagree and think that if you play for 0-0 then you deserve that all comes your way, they only really attacked for about 10 mins of the entire game!

You do realise this is the number one tactic employed by Sam Allardyce - don't get beat and then try to nick it. In effect you have finally admitted the style and philosophy of our manager - with whom you can find no fault - gets a team all it deserves.....

You do realise this is the number one tactic employed by Sam Allardyce - don't get beat and then try to nick it. In effect you have finally admitted the style and philosophy of our manager - with whom you can find no fault - gets a team all it deserves.....

I was talking about Villa's approach against a team they are supposedly trying to beat to 4th.

Liverpool went their with a point to prove, and they proved it.

Our team has alot less talent than Villa's and therefore id expect us to try and keep it tight against Liverpool!

It's still the same approach - don't get beat and then try to nick it - dress it up anyway you want but this is the only approach Allardyce has and you have just rubbished it!!!!

The only players I am sure will turn out for this are Samba and Chimbonda. Maybe Nelsen. Literally anyone else could start. Haven't got the foggiest.

A sure sign of a team failing to perform that is. Seeing as we started McCarthy and Roberts last time round it is probably a fair bet we will go with Kalinic and Di Santo now, but by no means certain.

I would like to see Olsson on the left.

Also got a vague feeling we might see Van Heerden as 1) we will be rotating players 2) we want to put him in the shop window

Surprised this hasn't been picked up on, but Rigters is in the squad for the game according to the official website, even worse he also has a squad number again <_<

We've no chance if he plays, unless the Villa goals are twice as wide as the ones at Ewood.Playing Righters is showing contempt for the competition.

Na - I see Sams approach as keep it tight early on, they expand as the game goes on.

No point conceding an early goal. Most teams that come to Ewood nowadays are happy with 1 point so will just defend.

Whatever happened to, go two goals up inside the first twenty minutes and then kill the game off.

How many defensive cooaches win things, cant think of many !

Surprised this hasn't been picked up on, but Rigters is in the squad for the game according to the official website, even worse he also has a squad number again <_<

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1920021,00.html

This article doesn't say that Rigters is starting, only that he is 'pushing' for a place. Sam specfically declined to name his starters.

Is there another article that I missed?

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1920021,00.html

This article doesn't say that Rigters is starting, only that he is 'pushing' for a place. Sam specfically declined to name his starters.

Is there another article that I missed?

And read my post again and I never say he will be starting just that he is in the squad :P

Villa based on last season's performanceare hopeless at turning a losing run around.

No doubt Big Sam will give MoN a huge helping hand this afternoon.

Lots of reports up and down the country that ticket sales for this season's FA Cup 3rd round are absolutely disastrous.

• This is the seventh time they have been paired against each other in the FA Cup; each have progressed on three occasions. Blackburn won 8-1 in their first meeting in 1889 (third round). They also prevailed 4-1 at Villa Park in the most recent clash in January 2003 (third round).

That win in 2003 I recall was rather unexpected at the time.

Good to see Dunn and Emerton in contention although I'd rather see them unleashed for the Semi on Tuesday.

Archived