BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Groundhog January - Rovers V Villa

jonv

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am interested to see what sort of wacky team we put out for this one.... Emerton, Dunn, Hoilett, Pedersen, Di Santo, McCarthy rested I guess in advance of tuesday.

My guess:-

------------------Kalinic

Olsson------Van Heerden----Diouf

---------NZozni--------Andrews

Givet----Nelsen-------Samba----Chimbonda

-----------------Robinson

We get a 3-1 dicking....

Blackburn: Brown, Chimbonda, Givet, Salgado, Diouf, Jones, Olsson, Dunn, Reid, Kalanic, Di Santo.

VILLA: Guzan; Beye, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock; Downing, Delph, Reo-Coker, A Young; Delfouneso, Heskey.

They have a very strong line-up out, so we are in big trouble Id say.

Im shocked Dunn is starting this game.

At least our young strikers start.

Lets see if Reid can still hack it at the Premier League level.

Blackburn: Brown, Chimbonda, Givet, Salgado, Diouf, Jones, Olsson, Dunn, Reid, Kalanic, Di Santo.

VILLA: Guzan; Beye, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock; Downing, Delph, Reo-Coker, A Young; Delfouneso, Heskey.

They have a very strong line-up out, so we are in big trouble Id say.

Im shocked Dunn is starting this game.

At least our young strikers start.

Lets see if Reid can still hack it at the Premier League level.

Fair do's both are resting players.

---------------Brown----------------

Salgado----Jones-----Givet----Chimbonda

Diouf------Reid-------Dunn-----Olsson

-----------Di Santo--Kalinic---------

At least we get to see the two up front today. Is it on the radio? My usual sources have let me down so any help would be sound in locating a radio station?

Fair do's both are resting players.

---------------Brown----------------

Salgado----Jones-----Givet----Chimbonda

Diouf------Reid-------Dunn-----Olsson

-----------Di Santo--Kalinic---------

At least we get to see the two up front today. Is it on the radio? My usual sources have let me down so any help would be sound in locating a radio station?

Is it just me who thinks Salgado may be right wing again, Diouf on the left wing and Olsson and Chimbonda as full backs? I could be wrong but who knows. Also why the hell is Dunn starting this game?

Bit of a strange team selection, good to see Di Santo and Kalinic starting together though, hope they can get some service.

Very shocked at Dunn, I can only think he's either 100% fit or why in the hell is he playing? Surely you'd give him a reserve game if he just needs a run out, not an FA Cup Clash against a side going for the top 4. If Dunn gets injured in this game then it's bad management and BFS will be in for the ear bashing of a lifetime.

Bit of a strange team selection, good to see Di Santo and Kalinic starting together though, hope they can get some service.

Very shocked at Dunn, I can only think he's either 100% fit or why in the hell is he playing? Surely you'd give him a reserve game if he just needs a run out, not an FA Cup Clash against a side going for the top 4. If Dunn gets injured in this game then it's bad management and BFS will be in for the ear bashing of a lifetime.

Given player availability - I am very pleased at the selections.

At last we will see Kalanic and Di Santo together - and playing Dunn (though a risk) gives them an outside chance of some decent service. Pairing Givet with Jones is a good ploy - as Givet's positional sense is probably the best out of all our central defenders.

IMO Sam has taken a deliberate ploy of avoiding a replay - we will either exceed expectations and Kalanic and Di Santo (or maybe Dunn) will lead us to a win or (more likely) it will all come unstuck against a more experienced Villa side. Funny thing - if both were fully fit and playing at the top of their game Reid and Dunn would be a decent central midfield pairing - just a shame that both players careers have been harmed by injuries.

Guest Kamy100

Interesting selection. Dunn, Reid and Diouf all experienced premier league midfielders, great to see Di Santo and Kalanic up front.

Suprising selection. Good news about Dunn being fit, and Di Santo and Kalinic starting together.

However am somewhat suprised by many of the selections - not sure that Salgado is good enough at rm, and as others have said would worry about his pace at full back. Prefer jacobsen imo. Also as others have said it's a massive risk starting Dunn. Even more of a risk starting him AND reid, as the odds are one of them will break down.

Hopefully rovers will suprise me with a win, but not sure this line up will be too successful. Villa aren't looking quite as formidable as usual and a couple of losses hopefully will have lowered the team's confidence.

Archived