BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Groundhog January - Rovers V Villa

jonv

No Roberts and McCarthy even on the bench. Is it reading too much into it by saying they could be our front two on Tuesday night?? I hope Di Santo and Kalinic work really well together today if that is the case. I think we could have a fair guess at Tuesday's team by looking at today's XI but despite that it is still not a bad side. I had expected worse!

Like many others, I really hope Dunny is fit! We need him for the semi final.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bookies obviously aren't impressed with Villa's lineup, was just putting us to win in an accumulator and our odds have changed from 13/2 to 9/2 by the time I made my selections!

Think we'll nick this one somehow today, 2-1, Dunny to open the scoring and then maybe Franco to come up with a winner late on, just a feeling.

I've seen Jones before.....

So have I and I quite rated him. Strong in the air and a decent ability to read the game.

What did you see that you dislike so much?

I have to say I wouldn't be suprised to see us get easily beaten today. It is a strange line up that is obviously just resting players for Tuesday.

Oh well we lasted 12 minutes

1-0 Delfouneso.

A weakened line up/poor performance was always on the cards with the semi coming up but playing a weakened side will only look like a masterstroke if we win the semi final.

If the winner of today's tie gets two easy draws after this into the last 8 of the FA Cup, all of a sudden it doesn't look such a good idea either.

So have I and I quite rated him. Strong in the air and a decent ability to read the game.

What did you see that you dislike so much?

See Blackburn 5 Peterborough 2

I have to say I wouldn't be suprised to see us get easily beaten today.

That's 2 of us then

It is a strange line up that is obviously just resting players for Tuesday.

Or next Saturday??

To be fair Big Sam might be thinking about making sure Dunny doesn't waste Tuesday night "finding his touch" and is letting him get that out of the way today.

I think this is 100% right. Dunn has played in a month and needs to find his feet in advance of Tuesday.

No Roberts and McCarthy even on the bench. Is it reading too much into it by saying they could be our front two on Tuesday night??

Or maybe sales are in progress for both and Sam doesn't want to risk an injury to either which would complicate the matter?

Think we'll nick this one somehow today, 2-1, Dunny to open the scoring and then maybe Franco to come up with a winner late on, just a feeling.

We have to improve. And I think we will. Rovers will win, ultimately.

Not to sound like a doom merchant but we are yet to have an attempt in 20 mins! That said Villa have only had 4. Sounds like a dire match?

4 in 20 minutes isn't bad from their point of view surely? Thats 18 over the 90 mins?

:wacko:

Dingles 1-0 up at MK Dons as well.

Archived