BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final Match Preview

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there and I'll be bringing two neutrals with me to boost the crowd somewhat.

just got 5 together, middle section of the riverside so dont think many have been sold in there!

should look cracking on tv :blink:

The website and programme does say that the ticket office closed at 12.30 yesterday.

Maybe Clare, but the vast majority of people don't have access to the website. Why close at midday though on new years eve, when the TO wont be open very much between then and the game on Tuesday?

Guest Kamy100

Really hope that the sales pick up because I bet Villa will sell all of their allocation, it would embrassing if the home turnout is low.

Really hope that the sales pick up because I bet Villa will sell all of their allocation, it would embrassing if the home turnout is low.

A good win today at Villa, will be the ideal boost for the crowd on tuesday night. :wacko:

Villa have sold all of theirs, I got a text from Rovers encouraging me to buy a ticket and it said on it that Villa have sold out their allocation, in an attempt to shame me into buying a ticket.

We asked for 8,000 apparently, Rovers said yes, but the police said no, and suggested 2,000. The compromise was they let us have 5,000 which sold out pretty quickly.

I think the police objection might have been something to do with trouble last year at the Fernhurst?

Yawn, more BS from the claret and blue ... if the police can handle 8000 mancs, scallies and celtic fans then I am sure 8000 thick sounding brummies wouldnt be a problem. As for the 2000 figure suggested by the police, I guess they dont know the rules of the Carling Cup, or you've had a can to much of it this festive season :!:

:rover: COYB

• Backroom

I think today is further proof that we really need to be heading to VP with the advantage so a win on Tuesday is vital, we have to play to win not to scrape a draw

Yawn, more BS from the claret and blue ... if the police can handle 8000 mancs, scallies and celtic fans then I am sure 8000 thick sounding brummies wouldnt be a problem. As for the 2000 figure suggested by the police, I guess they dont know the rules of the Carling Cup, or you've had a can to much of it this festive season :!:

:rover: COYB

Can't comment on the figures being banded about but what is certain is that we asked for a larger allocation but with no joy a decision which means a large number of fans who would have travelled are without tickets, myself included.

Can't comment on the figures being banded about but what is certain is that we asked for a larger allocation but with no joy a decision which means a large number of fans who would have travelled are without tickets, myself included.

I'm sure you did ask for 8000. It could well be rather embarrassing if we only get 20,000 on here with 5,300 of them being from Villa. If I was a Villa fan I'd be a bit miffed as well.

However the rumour that practically all Villa fans seem to keep peddling that the police have restricted your allocation is complete and utter cobblers. Every year we have 8000 Mancs and Scousers here on the lash all day for a 5pm kick off. Why would they restrict Villa fans for a night game?

I'm sure you did ask for 8000. It could well be rather embarrassing if we only get 20,000 on here with 5,300 of them being from Villa. If I was a Villa fan I'd be a bit miffed as well.

However the rumour that practically all Villa fans seem to keep peddling that the police have restricted your allocation is complete and utter cobblers. Every year we have 8000 Mancs and Scousers here on the lash all day for a 5pm kick off. Why would they restrict Villa fans for a night game?

I think I'm right in saying Rovers wanted a presence from our fans in the |Darwen End given the relative success of the recent ticketing initiatives in the Darwen End and (up to the Spurs game) fairly good home results.

Nothing to do with the Police.

I don't honestly know, its a fair question. Its also though a fair question to ask why else wouldn't Rovers give us more? Especially given that we a) want them and B) could sell them, especially as it appears they aren't selling.

I don't know why we haven't been given more especially as you say 8000 are regularly given to other sides, as a result people are speculating and given the problems previously caused by some idiots in our colours surely you can see why people are drawing this conclusion? As yet we've been given no reason why we can't get the additional tickets.

Archived