BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poll Time - Rovers 12 Months Under Big Sam

Guest Kamy100

450 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the direction that the club is heading under the management of Sam Allardyce 12 months on?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure Either Way At The Moment

Under a quarter saying yes. And probably some of those are people who felt utter despair under Ince and are just thankful that nightmare closed.

Its not suprising really given the timing - If it would of been asked after a win the result would be different - simple as!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so Hughesy. I think Rovers fans now are fed up of the style of football that's been played every other week. Yes, you could argue that the second half against Sunderland was better.

But overall, my neck's acheing from watching this season's football.

Get a smaller telly and you'll be fine. :)

If you are lucky enough to find a good manager (as we did with Hughes) is it not better business to back him to the hilt?

OBVIOUSLY (SEE MY SIG) AND YOU CAN ASK JW THAT QUESTION NEXT FANS FORUM. ASK ESPECIALLY WHY THEY MADE HIM SELL SAV AND DIDN'T LET HIM RE-INVEST IN DIARRA OR HUDDLESTON? BOTH WOULD HAVE SHOWN PROFIT.

I would say if a manager is clever enough to turn a huge profit on a player it is only reasonable to allow that manager to reinvest the vast majority of that profit on better quality players and so on and so on. You can't go on unearthing hidden gems forever and there must be a large slice of luck involved with that no matter who you are. DUNNO ABOUT THAT. THE GEMS ARE ALWAYS OUT THERE. GIVET AND N'ZONZI ARE PROOF OF THAT. AS I'VE JUST REPLIED TO PHILIPL HUGHES CONTRACT SHOULD HAVE REFLECTED HIS ABILITY. BONUS'S BASED ON PROFITS COST NOWT.

If you are lucky enough to find a good manager (as we did with Hughes) is it not better business to back him to the hilt?

OBVIOUSLY (SEE MY SIG) AND YOU CAN ASK JW THAT QUESTION NEXT FANS FORUM. ASK ESPECIALLY WHY THEY MADE HIM SELL SAV AND DIDN'T LET HIM RE-INVEST IN DIARRA OR HUDDLESTON? BOTH WOULD HAVE SHOWN PROFIT.

I don't think that they made him sell Sav, he even said as much at the Q&A at the Hordens. Basically Hughes told him that after his operation, that he wasn't going to be played as much and Sav wanted to play every game.

But why we didn't reinvest the money is a different point.

I don't think that they made him sell Sav, he even said as much at the Q&A at the Hordens. Basically Hughes told him that after his operation, that he wasn't going to be played as much and Sav wanted to play every game.

But why we didn't reinvest the money is a different point.

Rem we have a policy of one out before one can come in, I think DB insists on that.

Hughes had cleared the way for one in by selling Sav (a mate as such) and was denied money apparently cos he'd spoken to another club! He'd obviously have been better off meeting the mags in secret. Honesty is not always the best option.

Basically despite last minute Vogel who must have eaten up every penny of Savs money and more the squad was weaker after the transfer window closed. Hughes was even denied the opportunity to sign Koumas out of desperation. Didn't Real pay over 20m for Diarra btw? If so that would have moved Hughes's earnings for BRFC to almost 60m in just 4 years! Yet by our chairmans actions we virtually shoved him out of the door as we had made his position untenable. The Kenny Everett character Cupid Stunt springs to my mind.

Huddleston was pretty well sorted to come to Ewood- then Spuds sacked Jol.

Diarra wouldn't have come to Ewood even if Jack were still alive. Pompey were hell bent on outbidding us on wages and transfer fee.

Hence pompey doubling / trebling their money. :rolleyes: Granted no one knew at the time that RM would ride over the hill for him, only hindsight is telling me that and hopefully JW too. The bloke with the far more precious foresight was Hughes and any fool should have been able to see that.

I've gone for the fence. I think the transfer window and the second half of the season are massive for Sam. He has had time to see what the squad was like, bring in his own players and get Kalinic ready for prem football. Like many I'm frustrated with the way we have thrown points away (Wigan, Stoke even Liverpool plus others) by not having a go. Ok we may have lost one of those games by going for it, but under Hughes and even Souness we then picked up points where we never thought we would. This has not really happened under Sam.

We have played some decent stuff at times under Sam, but usually when we are a goal down and chasing the game. In the Villa game when we won 2-1, I got the impression that once we had gone a goal down the players just thought 'sod it' and cast of the defensive shackles which Sam had put on them and attacked and the fullbacks got down the wings and we gave Villa a really torrid time.

Sam has a few things he needs to sort out. The formation, his best 11 (granted this has not been made easy with injuries) but I think we've suffered upfront due to keep changing.

We'll stay up relatively comfortably with Sam this season. However, changing the manager could go away from the relative safety of Sam, with Ince like results or at the same time take us in the direction Hughes did. Can we afford to take the chance though.......?

I voted "no".

I`m not one to stick the knife into our managers. Sam did his job last season by keeping us up, & is currently keeping us out of the bottom 3 (only just) so far. i don`t think we`ll go down, but it`s not pretty stuff we play.

To continue this "hoofball" style of football might just keep us in the prem, but it`s awful to watch & terribly terribly predictable. We`ll lose a big chunk of our new-found season ticket holders if we continue to play like this.

I`m prepared to give Sam time to develope the team, but he`s also got to give us a glimmer of 'better things to come'......something to hang on to.

Completely agree. The club did a marvellous marketing job in recruiting new season ticket holders and I'm afraid a lot of these will not renew next season given the "fayre" that is being served up - and who could blame them?

Completely agree. The club did a marvellous marketing job in recruiting new season ticket holders and I'm afraid a lot of these will not renew next season given the "fayre" that is being served up - and who could blame them?

At £200 a season ticket for Premiership football you mean?

Most of the countries premier league supporters could probably blame you.....

Offer me a 10 year season ticket tomorrow and il take it up - regardless of our team, manager or position - but thats real fans for you! :tu:;)

At £200 a season ticket for Premiership football you mean?

Most of the countries premier league supporters could probably blame you.....

Offer me a 10 year season ticket tomorrow and il take it up - regardless of our team, manager or position - but thats real fans for you! :tu:;)

Bang on Hughesy.

Guest Kamy100

I think that what this thread shows is that out of the 209 people who voted thus far only 46 will catergorically say that they are happy with the direction that the club is going, the remaining are either not happy or on the fence at the moment.

This is not to say that Sam should be sacked, but what must happen is that by the end of the season there have to be signs of improvements, in terms of the results and the style of play. However, I do feel that if results over the next 2 weeks continue to be poor then Sam will start to feel the pressure from the fans.

Cant believe our fans are so negative, no wait thats actually no surprise!!

Not even voting. This thread is an opportunity for the terminally stupid to sensationalise their deadly dull existence. Just like the stupid Facebook petition signed by God only knows how many adolescent ignoramus's which persuaded a weak kneed chairmen to employ a numpty and an embarrassment 18 months ago which nearly saw us terminally relegated.

btw Instant gratification is the drug of intellectual derelicts so is anybody stupid enough to think this poll would have been any different if conducted the week after we got beaten at Birmingham in Hughes's last match?

for what its worth i didn`t even need to think twice and voted yes.How anybody thinks we can get a better manager than Sam is beyond me whilst the premiership is like how it is.

For the numpties that voted no please explain a viable REALISTIC alternative that would take us higher than mid-table.... :rolleyes:

Guest Kamy100

I voted no, but does not mean that Sam should be sacked, it means that at the moment I am not happy with the direction the club is heading.

I and few other have also said earlier in this thread that Sam has earned the right to at least be given until the end of the season after what he achieved last year, but the poll does show that increasing numbers of people are not satisfied, of course this may not be representative of Rovers fan in general as this only 209 people out of 30,000.

Not even voting. This thread is an opportunity for the terminally stupid to sensationalise their deadly dull existence. Just like the stupid Facebook petition signed by God only knows how many adolescent ignoramus's which persuaded a weak kneed chairmen to employ a numpty and an embarrassment 18 months ago which nearly saw us terminally relegated.

I don't doubt your opinion on the Facebook charade, but was this really the case? I don't think Sam was really a front-runner for the a job, considering Alan Shearer was JW's first choice. He was trying to pattern our success with Hughes by hiring another iconic young manager.

for what its worth i didn`t even need to think twice and voted yes.How anybody thinks we can get a better manager than Sam is beyond me whilst the premiership is like how it is.

For the numpties that voted no please explain a viable REALISTIC alternative that would take us higher than mid-table.... :rolleyes:

Thats funny I though the poll was are you happy with direction the clubs moving in, not should Sam be sacked. Big difference and the results would be also reflect that.

Judging by Bacup blue's and the 'drog's responses, the yes vote is perhaps over-stated by those that thought it was a sacking vote. If it were a sacking vote, I would have voted differently.

Sam has certainly got to up his own game in the second half of this season.

Archived