BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

Well done to the lads in the DE lower you were heard from where I was seat in N04 BBE.

As a long time resident of the BBE the atmosphere has become a joke over the last few years.Traditionally the most 'partisan' stand of Ewood it is now heavily populated with fans who have no intention of singing...its as dull as ruddy dishwater these days.

The past cannot be brought back but I yearn for the days of the old standing BBE with its mainly 'lad culture'.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to the lads in the DE lower you were heard from where I was seat in N04 BBE.

As a long time resident of the BBE the atmosphere has become a joke over the last few years.Traditionally the most 'partisan' stand of Ewood it is now heavily populated with fans who have no intention of singing...its as dull as ruddy dishwater these days.

The past cannot be brought back but I yearn for the days of the old standing BBE with its mainly 'lad culture'.

Until we get rid of Allardyce and start playing some decent football it's unlikely the atmosphere will be good in any part of the ground.

Until we get rid of Allardyce and start playing some decent football it's unlikely the atmosphere will be good in any part of the ground.

[/quote

I understand where your coming from point taken not the most exciting football to sing along to, but we need a singing section regardless of the situation on the pitch even when were playing well the atmosphere isnt great. I will be changing seats next home game and hopefully many more will follow, if the club wont give us a singing section then us as fans should take it upon our selves to create one. still no one with any ideas on how to publicise? I was thinking maybe a facebook group etc obviously many may not move till next season....

[/quote

I understand where your coming from point taken not the most exciting football to sing along to, but * we need a singing section regardless of the situation on the pitch even when were playing well the atmosphere isnt great. I will be changing seats next home game and hopefully many more will follow, **if the club wont give us a singing section then us as fans should take it upon our selves to create one. still no one with any ideas on how to publicise? ***I was thinking maybe a facebook group etc obviously many may not move till next season....

* We`ve got one in the top corner of the Darwen End. The unreserved seating in the DE is ideal. Like-minded people who want to have a sing-song will naturally migrate together.

**The club haven`t 'given' us a singing section, but they have given us unrestricted seating which has enabled something to blossom in the DE top corner. It`s a beautiful & emotional experience lol :lol:

***there is a facebook group called 'darwen end singers'. It was started during the summer.

89944011.jpg

Made this to try and spread the word. If you support this proposal, which I gather many of you do then post this flyer anywhere and everywhere (facebook etc), tell your friends workmates and spread the word. The only way this will work is if people spread the word. Spoken to a few other members of similar groups like Leicester and Celtic and they said word of mouth is the most important factor. Lets make this reality. Why not get youre Villa cup tickets in the DE and try it out ???????

Thinking about moving next year to the Darwen End...

I sit in N05 BBE, and a lot of people don't seem up for singing etc...

I would also love to stand every home game.. hopefully more relocate, as I am worried about missing out on the sometimes (but rare) special atmosphere in the Blackburn End. (eg vs Burnley - 5000 in the lower going for it)...

But I am so tempted... although the worry is that it's going to be cliquey... a bit like N01 and the top of N05.

Thinking about moving next year to the Darwen End...

I sit in N05 BBE, and a lot of people don't seem up for singing etc...

I would also love to stand every home game.. hopefully more relocate, as I am worried about missing out on the sometimes (but rare) special atmosphere in the Blackburn End. (eg vs Burnley - 5000 in the lower going for it)...

But I am so tempted... although the worry is that it's going to be cliquey... a bit like N01 and the top of N05.

* I understand your concerns but alot of peole will be in the same boat so to say, including me and my brother who have created this thread, we usually sit with a group of friends in the Riverside for the past 2 seasons, before that we used to sit in NO1, weve just moved about really trying to find a group of like minded people who want to stand and sing. we personally dont know anyone who currently sits in the Darwen End, but im sure this is the same as others , but the idea is that we will all come together under one group, and sing our hearts out for t'lads

* Sambo join our facebook group and invite all your friends

:brfcsmilie: :!:

Another aspect of good atmosphere in the Darwen End is the proximity of the away fans. When the top tier is full they make a hell of a lot of noise and there is the incentive to try and outdo them. And even if you can't hear us in the BBE, we can certainly hear ourselves, and so can the visitors. The atmosphere and overall noise level have been particularly loud for some parts of some matches; far more than i have experienced in the BBE ( and Burnley was one of the best for years).

I am well impressed; i have more choice of seat, tend to have a bit of extra space to spread out and have only had to fork out £350 for 2A + 1C. Great news for us as we only usually get to about 6/7 games a season, but expect to be at 11/12 this season for around the same or even less cash. I hope Rovers view the initiative as a success and keep the idea going next season for unreserved seating; it is outstanding value for money.

I have also noticed that there appear to be fewer whingers in there. Maybe people are a little more tolerant when the cost is less prohibitive.

Has it made a difference to the team? Who knows, you would have to ask the players. But if we can generate a little more success on the field i can see the Darwen End becoming the place to be seen (and heard) in.

***Gav wipes away a tear***

****abs too*** you are my sunshine....imagine the pc numpties on here if they got shoved on the barrier,"oh stop it you are hurting me ,im telling a steward and reporting you to john williams.!"

100%

no click with us...everyones welcome as long as they stand and sing.

How on earth is N01 cliquey? I've only stood there one season and get on with everyone fine.

aw shucks you say the sweetest things.

assuming the game goes ahead, All those that attend in this Singing Section are free to take photos and videos and i will post them up on the facebook Group and Youtube etc...

:brfcsmilie: - Get yourself in the Darwen End on Tuesday night

Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End lower

"Supporters Not Spectators"

****abs too*** you are my sunshine....imagine the pc numpties on here if they got shoved on the barrier,"oh stop it you are hurting me ,im telling a steward and reporting you to john williams.!"

100%

no click with us...everyones welcome as long as they stand and sing.

aw shucks you say the sweetest things.

That's what I'd like to do, but it's a case of finding a seat which I can use for my ST.

Will be interesting to see how it goes, hope it's a success - if it works well il move there next season and you could put me in the bracket of "very noisy"

Same here, where I sit people are sat behind me - I'd rather stand up and sing without impacting on other people's enjoyment of the game

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234170016119

New Facebook Group here called Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End Lower, Get joining and invite all your friends. Keep publicising guys and try to keep this topic at the top of the board. Any help to spread the idea is much appreciated.

There`s 192 signed up to the facebook group Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End Lower so far :tu:

I`m sure there`s a few of those people on this board. If we could get those 192 up in the top corner for the Fulham game & get a few songs going, maybe with the 'pied piper effect' more would migrate & join us up there. A couple of hundred like-minded Roverites singing our hearts out would go a long way to creating a decent atmosphere within the ground on Sunday ;)

What do you think fellow Darwen Enders?? :huh:

:rover::rover:

There`s 192 signed up to the facebook group Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End Lower so far :tu:

I`m sure there`s a few of those people on this board. If we could get those 192 up in the top corner for the Fulham game & get a few songs going, maybe with the 'pied piper effect' more would migrate & join us up there. A couple of hundred like-minded Roverites singing our hearts out would go a long way to creating a decent atmosphere within the ground on Sunday ;)

What do you think fellow Darwen Enders?? :huh:

:rover::rover:

i,ll be there as allways.....we are the rovers, we hate burnley

Damn! Missed those!

The Riverside towards the DE has a few vocal fans there too. Definitely noisier than previous seasons and the songs seem to reciprocate between the DE and Riverside. Would have been better if we sold more STs in the DE. Next season they need to make them full season tickets at £199. The only complaint I'd make about the Taking Back Ewood campaign.

never going to happen! we need to sell the whole end out where we can at 38 quid a ticket! makes sound financial sense

What happened in the Darwen End tonight just after the Villa goal? There seemed to be a bit of unrest amongst the Rovers fans in there? :huh:

Unfortunately we weren`t in the DE (we`d been given 2 tickets in the BBE (N01) :unsure:

There was a fair bit of singing in N01, but tbh we both agreed we prefer it in the Darwen End. You guys looked like you were having some good banter :tu:

Archived