BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

I would guess a similar situation to the Sunderland game Cletus. I was in the BBE, and saw a lot of stewards and police march upto the top near the control room, whilst some Villa fans appeared to be goading from above.

I was on the left hand side of the BBE last night, and there were several growing chants of Mark Hughes Blue And White Army!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened in the Darwen End tonight just after the Villa goal? There seemed to be a bit of unrest amongst the Rovers fans in there? :huh:

Unfortunately we weren`t in the DE (we`d been given 2 tickets in the BBE (N01) :unsure:

There was a fair bit of singing in N01, but tbh we both agreed we prefer it in the Darwen End. You guys looked like you were having some good banter :tu:

My first experience in the Darwen end yesterday, my ST seat is at the top of BBE NO1 but wanted to see what all the fuss was about! The atmosphere wasnt too bad to be fair, plenty of people trying to get the atmosphere going, but we stood no chance against the amount of Villa fans surrounding us. Was suprised to hear absoultly nothing from where we was sat from the BBE even though there looked to be people chanting (Maybe that was because of the nise from Villa though). Theres no way i would move from BBE NO1 though to be a permanent resident of the Darwen end, just dint get the feel for it!! There was also a fair few people singing, "can you here the BBE, noooo, nooooo, can you here...." Be quality if abit of rivalry did develop betweeen the stands!!!

The unrest after the villa goal though was for a Villa fan who somehow got a ticket in the darwen end rovers section. A few fans spotted him early and reported it to the stewards whom did nothing!! Then after villa scored and he celebrated, he got swiftly ejected by a group of rovers fans with a few slaps for his troubles!!!

The unrest after the villa goal though was for a Villa fan who somehow got a ticket in the darwen end rovers section. A few fans spotted him early and reported it to the stewards whom did nothing!! Then after villa scored and he celebrated, he got swiftly ejected by a group of rovers fans with a few slaps for his troubles!!!

Never mind the one Villa fan who had somehow got into the home section of the Darwen End, what about the few thousand Villa fans we were led to believe were in other home areas? :o:lol:

Was Great in the Darwen end during the villa game, I'm sure those who were there enjoyed the atmosphere and banter if nothing else. We were having a great time bouncing around and stuff but were obviously drowned out a lot of the time by the villa fans. Have heard good feedback from various parts of the ground saying that it looked fun and many would have preferred to have been there. Hopefully people have now seen how the idea can catch on. Lets get loads in the DE on Sunday against Fulham!!

Spread the word everyone!! Keep checking the Facebook

Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End

"Supporters Not Spectators"

What happened in the Darwen End tonight just after the Villa goal? There seemed to be a bit of unrest amongst the Rovers fans in there? :huh:

A couple of Villa fans got a slap from a group of the Darwen End massive, they got what they deserved with at least 1500 spare seats the decided to stand in the middle of the rovers singers

They looked pretty pleased to see me as i went in to rescue them lol

To be fair to the rovers fans several of them had pointed the villa fans out to me and i had reported the fact but the snatch team were busy ejecting several other Villa fans when it kicked off

Would like to mention a big well done to all the lads and lasses of the Darwen End massive brilliant effort chanting , singing dancing from start to finish giving it to the Villa fans and credit to how much noise the Villa made

Apart from a couple of times in the second half when we got ( and as usual totaly wasted ) corners the other 3 home sections of Ewood Park had no atmosphere whatsoever

Never mind the one Villa fan who had somehow got into the home section of the Darwen End, what about the few thousand Villa fans we were led to believe were in other home areas? :o:lol:

I think you will find that there was more Villa fans at the game than rovers fans at least 100 of the fans in the home section of the Darwen End were Villa and thats not counting the ones we chucked out and i believe a couple of thousand in the other home sections

I think you will find that there was more Villa fans at the game than rovers fans at least 100 of the fans in the home section of the Darwen End were Villa and thats not counting the ones we chucked out and i believe a couple of thousand in the other home sections

didnt look like 100 in total.

I think that's a bit over the top, i was in the DE and recognised about 90% of people who i have seen at previous home games. There were probably a lot of villa fans in other areas of the ground but definitely not the 'thousands' you say

Are away fans usually allowed in the Ewood Arms? I never go there normally so wouldn't know. Quite a few in last night, decent lads though to be fair.

no they arent mate!!

its home fans only! last night was the first time in recent times its been allowed to happen and the landlord has assured us - it will be the last time!!!

Thousands in home ends??? Give over will you!

• Backroom

Got to say the Darwen End massive looked a little bit pathetic, like the mad corner at Bolton. Just not enough bodies to be imposing or create atmosphere.

Hope it works out though but there needs to be more so I suppose it's a start.

Got to say the Darwen End massive looked a little bit pathetic, like the mad corner at Bolton. Just not enough bodies to be imposing or create atmosphere.

Hope it works out though but there needs to be more so I suppose it's a start.

Understand what your saying, this game was meant to be like a kind of trial for it. Hopefully its the start of something good and more will join :D

• Backroom

I hope so too, I wont leave my seat but anything for more atmosphere in the ground is good.

It was disappointing to see Villa fans with flags etc and us just a bit flat in general, that can be attributed to the current situation though

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say - you realise that you are suggesting that 1 in every 3 supporters in the home sections supported Aston Villa don't you.

Couldn't hear a peep out of your famous Darwen End die-hards last night.

'your famous'?? :huh:

I`m not sure what end you spend your time in Ossy, but if it`s the BBE you`ve absolutely nothing to be proud of yourself. It must be one of the quietest home ends in the league.

I was in N01 (up near the top) Yes, a few people were singing, but most were whinging. As soon as Villa scored, the first "#### off Allardyce!" shouts started "#### off back to Bolton!" etc etc etc....

One guy infront of us shouted "Get behind the team!" & kept trying to start positive chants, but nobody was joining in.

May i remind you the 'famous' Darwen End singing section is only in its infancy. At least they`re having a go :rover:

Ossydave, in what way are we 'famous die hards'. Atleast we were having a go in the DE the other night unlike the rest of the ground.

Didn't they have their end taken by two Villa fans?

If your idea of 'taken' is two villa fans getting a bit of a slap after they scored then yes. ;)

If your idea of 'taken' is two villa fans getting a bit of a slap after they scored then yes. ;)

Couldn't see any slapping from the BBE, just stewards rushing in to rescue the Rovers fans:P

Couldn't see any slapping from the BBE, just stewards rushing in to rescue the Rovers fans:P

haaha Trust me mate, i was sat right behind the the two villa fans when it happened ;). The stewards were told plenty of times and it kicked off eventually.

It was hard at times to get the songs going with there being so many away fans but the banter was good never the less. :P

Hopefully, people have now seen how the idea can catch on and with more numbers it could be brilliant as im sure many who were there will agree and continue to give their support. The Fulham game tomorrow, for example, could be the perfect opportunity to build this singing section up!

haaha Trust me mate, i was sat right behind the the two villa fans when it happened ;). The stewards were told plenty of times and it kicked off eventually.

It was hard at times to get the songs going with there being so many away fans but the banter was good never the less. :P

Hopefully, people have now seen how the idea can catch on and with more numbers it could be brilliant as im sure many who were there will agree and continue to give their support. The Fulham game tomorrow, for example, could be the perfect opportunity to build this singing section up!

Good on you azzy, I'm sure you'll out sing the foolham fans tomorrow.

Archived