BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was noticeable on thursday night that, as 'Big Sam's Blue and White Army' was off the song sheet, the whole ground were struggling for options!.....other than the highly passionate 'Barmy Army' ('We are the Rovers, we hate burnley' has got to come back and replace this soon!)

'come on rovers, come on rovers' has to come back too, in my opinion....we were cryin out for this on thurs when we'd got a head of steam up in 2nd half.

• Backroom

You're having a laugh mate, heard a few times in the first half but that was it. Of course it will sound louder when you are sat in there as will the blackburn end but you hardly put anyone to shame.

You're having a laugh mate, heard a few times in the first half but that was it. Of course it will sound louder when you are sat in there as will the blackburn end but you hardly put anyone to shame.

:rolleyes: only repeating what i heard fellow rovers fans saying, from where i was the Blackburn end may have been asleep for all the noise they made. This isn't a competition mate we're just trying to improve the atmosphere at Ewood ;)

Us lot in the Darwen End were awesome today, put the Blackburn end to shame.

Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End

"Supporters Not Spectators"

The Numbers Are Growing! Spread the Word!

Yes well done 10 out of 10 for effort and all of you seemed pretty sober today :tu:

Was the best atmosphere of the season in the Darwen End, barring the Burnley match. Credit to the singing section who lead with gusto!

"Can you hear the Riverside sing?"

"Blackburn End, Blackburn End - what's the score?"

Great stuff. Love the cross-stadium banter. Be good if the BBE responded but you could tell most of them were sat on their hands.... ;)

Must give credit though to the other two vocal stands (JW stand is clinically dead) for the chants that started there. Let's keep this going as it clearly inspires the team.

Also shame on those who booed Keef when he came on... :angry2:

Bring on the pie-eaters.

Twoz a good sing-song in the Darwen End today :tu:

From where we sat, we couldn`t see the Fulham fans. How many did they bring? :huh: We only heard them once or twice & it didn`t sound like a lot up there.

From the off, we gave the BBE some stick "CAN YOU HEAR THE BBE SING? NO NO!!"

There was even a "SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE BLUES" :lol:

It`ll get better when we have some away fans upstairs. Bring on the pie-eaters.

All good clean fun if you ask me ;)

I'd say Fulham brought about 150 - certainly no more than that. About 10 standing right at the back were giving their team good support - good on them for that.

I counted 136 Fulham supporters during the quieter moments of the game...........

:lol: did you not shout for them all to sit still? :huh:

Arrived at my seat in Ewood (JW Upper, BBE side) 20 minutes late today; coming from the M6 listening to 1404 Radio Rovers for commentary (incidentally, Radio Lancs seemed to completely ignore our match this afternoon) the new and improved Darren End Atmosphere really beefed things up for the remote listener - sounded good and loud, as it did inside the ground.

Keep it up :rover:

Guest andrewpickup

ame='brightonrover' date='17 January 2010 - 20:45 PM' timestamp='1263761125' post='866887']

:lol: did you not shout for them all to sit still? :huh:

Maybe we could commission an espn special to condemn their abysmal away support. Seems to be the fashion

I am lucky enough to be able to roam the ground and I am delighted to say the atmosphere generated by the lads in the Darwen End was commendable - duly noted by Robbo who applauded and waved the chanting fans.

Some very, very funny and original songs, some old classics ("king kenny is magic" for one) and not one "gedinterem". My colleague (not a rovers fan) stated it was the best he has seen the rovers fans, put the blackburn end to shame and quite clearly motivated some of the players.

Before the game I actually said that the fans need to shoulder some of the blame for innapropriate booing and lack of interest. Thanks for proving me wrong - more please!

PS - I will be coming on Wednesday and I will definately be bloody singing!

:rover: two of my mates who take there young lads along to the games and sit in the DARWEN END,were challenged by the police and stewards at the end of the match for being to boistourous during the game,UNBELIEVABLE :wacko::brfcsmilie:

I think i saw that Waggles. At the end of the game, police were giving some guys a 'talking to' in the concourse entrance just below the singing section. I wondered what was going on. I don`t think the chant of "it`s just like watching the bill" went down very well with the plod who were at the bottom of the DE. One had a camera & was concentrating it on the singing section.

Archived