BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the childish taunts directed at other stands from the Darwen End it looks like the club seem to have found a location for the proposed creche :glare:

:wstu: In certain circles it is regarded as banter, ahhhh the joys of being young and carefree!

Much improved, although at the back of the blackburn end it was difficult to hear some of your chants...

Also as soon as anyone else sings, you easily get drowned out....any decent away following will drown you out....

Not with more numbers, the whole point is to try and improve the atmosphere at Ewood and it would help if the BE joined in surely... Yesterday was the first real test for this singing section and im sure many more will now join once they have seen what can be achieved with so few.. ;)

Then we all need to find out where they drink as with banter like that the place must be rocking. :lol:

Surely banter is a two way thing? I could hardly hear them from the halfway line on the Riverside (the loudest stand in my opinion). So I doubt their witty repartee would have made it to the hand sitters on the Blackburn End.

How well will the singing section make themselves heard against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd? :lol:

Then we all need to find out where they drink as with banter like that the place must be rocking. :lol:

Surely banter is a two way thing? I could hardly hear them from the halfway line on the Riverside (the loudest stand in my opinion). So I doubt their witty repartee would have made it to the hand sitters on the Blackburn End.

How well will the singing section make themselves heard against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd? :lol:

Think your telling a little porkie here my friend. Many people on here and other messageboards have already said how they could hear us from various sections of the ground.

And, for your information, the Darwen end isn't open to home supporters for the United game :rolleyes:

Why do I get the feeling you don't want this "singing section" to succeed? You should be encouraging them, and praising them, because at least they are trying to create an atmosphere, and with them singing, it makes the BBE sing too, which only helps out the Players and OUR club!

Think your telling a little porkie here my friend. Many people on here and other messageboards have already said how they could hear us from various sections of the ground.

And, for your information, the Darwen end isn't open to home supporters for the United game :rolleyes:

Maybe THEY did but other than the defeatist chant towards the Blackburn end I did not hear them. And yes the darwen end is closed for the united game and probably arsenal and chelsea too which is why no st holders will be moving to join in the foreseable future

Why do I get the feeling you don't want this "singing section" to succeed? You should be encouraging them, and praising them, because at least they are trying to create an atmosphere, and with them singing, it makes the BBE sing too, which only helps out the Players and OUR club!

I'd love it to work and to some extent it will but I was meerely pointing out the negativity of goading other sections of the home support. Thats all

Maybe THEY did but other than the defeatist chant towards the Blackburn end I did not hear them. And yes the darwen end is closed for the united game and probably arsenal and chelsea too which is why no st holders will be moving to join in the foreseable future

I'd love it to work and to some extent it will but I was meerely pointing out the negativity of goading other sections of the home support. Thats all

fully agree that getting at the BBE isn't really what we want to achieve but it was just promoting a bit of banter and inter stand competition really, will be even better when bigger teams come and bring more numbers, and hopefully people who are like minded sat around other areas of the ground will give the DE a try next time, i think it shows what can be achieved with just a small number of people singing.

We are only giving United the Darwen End, not any other team. That was the idea of the Darwen end season ticket so why wouldn't people want to give it a go...

Hughesy, it has already been discussed i think a couple of pages back. The atmosphere at Ewood is normally quite good anyway for the big games like liverpool and united so the singing section wont be needed. These are the games when it would be up to the other so called 'singers' in the ground to try and get an atmosphere going. :tu:

One had a camera & was concentrating it on the singing section.

A sad POLICE STATE of affairs indeed. :angry2:

From the childish taunts directed at other stands from the Darwen End it looks like the club seem to have found a location for the proposed creche

I just find this appalling,a bunch of young yobbo's just singing and trying to create an atmosphere at a football game......BIRCH 'EM I SAY!!!!!!! <_<

I thought the Darwen End would be given up 4 times this season, hence the cheaper price? We've had City and Liverpool so far who have had the whole Darwen End meaning there's 2 more to go. (I may be wrong though)

The other game was v Burnley, so we get an extra game included and only miss 3 :)

The other game was v Burnley, so we get an extra game included and only miss 3 :)

I reality we only miss 2 as the ST holders were given a free ticket for the Man City game. Just Liverpool and Man utd that tickets need to be bought at £25 a go, total cost £200 - bargain. :D

The singing never stopped throughout the whole of the match yesterday. There appears to be a growing number of like minded singers building up in the Darwen End now, and there was more singing from about 50 fans on Sunday for a Sunday afternoon snooze fest against Fulham than the whole of the BBE mustered for a League Cup Semi final under the lights against Villa.

And not just BARMY ARMY and GEDDINTOEM, but some interesting ones too, like the request for Big Sam to show us a certain part of his upper body!

If you wanna sing through he whole game, this is where to sit/stand now.

Cruz, maybe the sound of the blanket on your lap flapping in the wind muffled out the singing.

btw....when was the last time you heard a final whistle in the Riverside? :rolleyes:

Well impressed Singing Section, for an old traditionalist like me it warmed the heart to see the banter between the DE and BBE beginning to resurface after all these years. It used to be a regular feature a long long time ago. Magic. Really adds to the atmosphere and just has to motivate the team.

From my lofty perch up in the JW I had the perfect view of the non stop bouncing up and down and singing, loved it. I'm stuck with my season ticket for the rest of this year but if you're still at it next season I'm going to come and join you. That's if someone doesn't mind being on old guy heart attack watch :rolleyes::rover:

Do you have that in writing?

It's in the Fans Forum minutes somewhere and was also in the bumpf for the half season tickets. The only match that the Darwen End will be given to away fans will be United. That means DE season ticket holders will have only missed two games as they were in there for Burnley and got a free replacement for the City game.

For all other home games this season any ST holder can transfer to the Darwen end if they want to sample the new singing area.

From my lofty perch up in the JW I had the perfect view of the non stop bouncing up and down and singing, loved it. I'm stuck with my season ticket for the rest of this year but if you're still at it next season I'm going to come and join you. That's if someone doesn't mind being on old guy heart attack watch :rolleyes::rover:

As I stated above anyone can swap their season ticket for a ticket in the Darwen End on a match by match basis if they want to.

Well impressed Singing Section, for an old traditionalist like me it warmed the heart to see the banter between the DE and BBE beginning to resurface after all these years. It used to be a regular feature a long long time ago. Magic. Really adds to the atmosphere and just has to motivate the team.

Come & join us TimmyJimmy! :rover:

I`m sure you could do it for one game, if you arranged it with the ticket office. Then you can decide whether you want to swap next season.

As has been said. the Darwen end is now the place to stand and sing so if you fancy giving it a sample then why not change your tickets for the wigan game next wednesday...(the TO will let you do this)

In fact it would cost a riversider £12 to do this :blink:

In fact it would cost a riversider £12 to do this :blink: i think thats a load of crap for the club to charge you 12 pound extra to switch to the darwen end, when all the lads in there are trying to do is make ewood a much louder place,surely the club could be a bit more understanding as we are doing our part and it,s not like the darwen end is sold out

In fact it would cost a riversider £12 to do this :blink: quote i think thats a load of crap for the club to charge you 12 pound extra to switch to the darwen end, when all the lads in there are trying to do is make ewood a much louder place,surely the club could be a bit more understanding as we are doing our part and it,s not like the darwen end is sold out

Archived