BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle As Rovers Manager?

If Sam quits - but he is too stubbon to do that - then yes to Coyle. But Coyle would do very good with the current rovers squad imo.

Allardyce quit ?

Allardyce will still be at Ewood raking in the millions in 5 years having kept us in the Prem by the skin of our teeth each season, then to retire with a bad ticker, and hand the job to his son Craig who in turn will rake in the milions for 10 years having kept us in the Prem by the skin of our teeth each season.

Craig quits in 2025 due to immense pressure having revealed himself as the first openly gay

Prem manager.Craig and his boyfreinds live happily ever after in a mock Georgian Westhoughton mansion.

Happy new year.

Owen Coyle is talking more shyte after every game than big Sam is.

Coyle doesnt know what it takes to win anything against the big boys, so how anyone thinks hes good enough for Rovers, for me is soley intent on dragging Blackburn Rovers down to Burnleys level.

Bolton would be the ideal destination for Coyle especially after playing for them.

If Sam quits - but he is too stubbon to do that - then yes to Coyle. But Coyle would do very good with the current rovers squad imo.

We need to back our manager. This negativity can hurt the clubs morale. Hurting the club's morale is not a prudent course in a tight season.

As to when Sam retires, I suspect that it may be sooner than we think. He's made a couple of comments about his health situation which made it sound like he was seriously considering it in the not so distant future.

Allardyce quit ?

Allardyce will still be at Ewood raking in the millions in 5 years having kept us in the Prem by the skin of our teeth each season, then to retire with a bad ticker, and hand the job to his son Craig who in turn will rake in the milions for 10 years having kept us in the Prem by the skin of our teeth each season.

Craig quits in 2025 due to immense pressure having revealed himself as the first openly gay

Prem manager.Craig and his boyfreinds live happily ever after in a mock Georgian Westhoughton mansion.

Happy new year.

This is funny. It is also wonderfully optimistic as I would be content to stay in the EPL for the next 15 years, even as a bottom half team.

And a light in his loafers manager could be turned into a wonderful marketing ploy. Our cachement area could include both East Lancashire and, worldwide, those who have adopted alternative lifestyles. Home is blue and white halves (making my son happy) and away could be pink and white (making my daughter happy). Mr. Maureen, you are brilliant. :lol:

We need to back our manager. This negativity can hurt the clubs morale. Hurting the club's morale is not a prudent course in a tight season.

As to when Sam retires, I suspect that it may be sooner than we think. He's made a couple of comments about his health situation which made it sound like he was seriously considering it in the not so distant future.

This is funny. It is also wonderfully optimistic as I would be content to stay in the EPL for the next 15 years, even as a bottom half team.

And a light in his loafers manager could be turned into a wonderful marketing ploy. Our cachement area could include both East Lancashire and, worldwide, those who have adopted alternative lifestyles. Home is blue and white halves (making my son happy) and away could be pink and white (making my daughter happy). Mr. Maureen, you are brilliant. :lol:

I think you may have miss understood my reply to the post subject. Firstly I am happy - at the moment with Big Sam. But if he left then I think Coyle could do a good job at Rovers. That was the question asked in the topic title.

With regards me saying 'if sam quits' If the current result run continues - then I would . want him to quit as Rovers cannot afford to sack a manager. Money is tight enough as it is, especially with having to sack Ince.

I back big sam and I think it is still too early to judge him. If Rovers can sort out the scoring and the creative parts of their game, then they will be ok this season.

No way, a dingle in charge at Ewood Park?? NO THANKS.

These sort of reactions are crazy. Is he from Burnley? Were he to be employed by Blackburn Rovers would that make him a Dingle? Of course not. Suppose you wouldn't want anyone from Scumchester United to manage us either? Managers must be judged on their merits. If any manager (or player for that matter) were successful enough to add something to the set up at Ewood Park then they should be considered, but only on merit and in certain circumstances.

Would I want Owen Coyle to be our manager? Not at the moment, as he's yet to prove that he's capable of cutting it at this level, much the same as I would not want Tony Mowbray to manage us, in spite of both managers playing prettier football than we do at present.

I'd heard he used to be quick but nowadays his legs have gone.

Really? Recent reports suggest the lad's on fire.

I think you may have miss understood my reply to the post subject. Firstly I am happy - at the moment with Big Sam. But if he left then I think Coyle could do a good job at Rovers. That was the question asked in the topic title.

With regards me saying 'if sam quits' If the current result run continues - then I would . want him to quit as Rovers cannot afford to sack a manager. Money is tight enough as it is, especially with having to sack Ince.

I back big sam and I think it is still too early to judge him. If Rovers can sort out the scoring and the creative parts of their game, then they will be ok this season.

I misunderstood. My apologies. There is so much flying around here that I sometimes miss the finer details.

I actually agree with everything you've said. I think Sam will deliver the goods and meet or exceed the board's targets. Assuming I'm right, Sam will be the manager for as long as he wants to be, unless he retires early for health reasons.

If Sam does retire, Coyle would be a decent replacement. Irrespective of whether Burnley goes down (though I think they'll barely survive), he has done well on a shoe string budget, which has to be a consideration for the Rovers' board. As to his "dingle" status, as a non-Lancastrian (though my Y-chromosome is every bit as Lancashire as anyone else's on this board- the rest is good old U.S.A. mutt), that is not important to me. Competency is the important consideration. Perhaps there is some purification ritual that could be engaged in to satisfy the dingle-haters?

If Coyle wouldn't do it, then Stuart Pierce would be my next choice. He's doing well with England's U-21s, and as we lower the squad's age, I could see him taking the helm and being effective.

At least Eric Coyle would improve our away form <_< ......NOT!!! :lol:

plus i wouldn`t feel comfortable with having a dingle in charge at Ewood. He`s a dodgy character by all accounts (I`ve heard he`s a certain part of the female anatomy & it`s also alleged he makes love to asians) :unsure:

.....on a more serious note, the attempted plane bomber coming to Ewood could boost merchandise sales in the club shop. I hear he`s started a new craze for hotpants ;)

it`s also alleged he makes love to asians) :unsure:

And if we had that Taliban bomber in midfield, Owen Coyle woudn't be able to control his excitement. They might be doing naughty things together in the showers after the game, with Coyle ripping off his pants to explode. :unsure:

So no, I'd say that Coyle wouldn't be an appropriate choice as Rovers manager.

He's also a Plastic Paddy, having been born in Paisley in Scotland, but rejecting the country of his birth in order to play for Ireland.

Burnley's away record currently reads: Played 10, Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 9. Apart from a 3-3 draw at Eastlands against Man City, Coyle has lost every other away match this season.

If Burnley's home form dips this season, they are going to be in serious trouble. A fortuitous 1-0 win over Man United at the start of the season has kept them from being in the relegation zone at the moment. I suspect that the real Burnley is the team that got hammered 5-0 by Spurs and 4-0 by Liverpool.

I must admit though that I'm not a fan of Mr Allardyce's ugly brand of football. I wish it was possible for Rovers to play decent passing football and still win matches.

I must admit though that I'm not a fan of Mr Allardyce's ugly brand of football. I wish it was possible for Rovers to play decent passing football and still win matches.

Of course it's possible for Rovers to play decent passing football and still win matches!

When did these two things become mutually exclusive?! That's right, only when Allardyce took over.

At the moment I'd take pretty much anyone including Megson to replace Allerdyce and his bloody awful hoofball.

I am wondering how many live Rovers games you have seen this season - although hoof ball is one of the tactics in Sam's armour - it is not always used. Megson would be worse than Sam and dare I say it 'nearly' worse than Ince.

But lets face reality here. Rovers cannot afford the lovely football type players - only the players that can scrape for a point and if lucky 3 points. We would all like to see Rovers play the beautiful game - but not at the expense of premiership survival - which would see them out of business. If hoof ball keeps rovers in the top flight and a going concern then so be it. Until the powers that be clamp down on the so called top 4 gettting into their status by mega debt, nothing will change. If uefa say a club cannot come into the champs league because of the amount of debt they have - this would eventually help Rovers.

Archived