BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the fans have forced that one! Was it not Gartside who recommended Coyle to Burnley after interviewing him for the Bolton job?

Can't see Sam going back though I wouldn't really mind! How about Megson to PNE, Sam to Bolton and Hughes back to us!

They may even go for Hughes, although I think that he may want sometime out of the game after his City experience.

I would imagine Hughes and his team feel they deserve a bigger job than Bolton. (And Rovers) I don't think their reputation have been too badly tarnished by the City fiasco.

I would be gutted to see Hughes at the Reebok.

Hughes straight in at 7/2 favourite, followed by Darren Fergie who seems the more likely to me....

Darren Ferguson is a very good shout - however it could go oh so wrong like Ince did with us!! VERY RISKY!

Id be gutted if Hughes went to them to be honest!

Guest Kamy100

Hughes is bookies favourite to take Bolton job.

I too would be gutted to see Hughes at Reebok.

Sam won't go back to Bolton as he had a serious falling out with Gartside towards the end of his tenure and there has been subsequent stuff.

Former Italian Goalkeeper Walter Zenga was heavily linked with the job earlier this season.

The problem of Hughes et al going anywhere is that they are earning about £5.5m a year between them for the next 18 months for doing nothing. City have effectively put them on gardening leve in relieving them of their duties.

Are Bolton going to buy that sort of pay-off off them?

Darren Ferguson is a very good shout - however it could go oh so wrong like Ince did with us!! VERY RISKY!

Id be gutted if Hughes went to them to be honest!

Hughes would surely be looking at better options than Bolton, would be a step back for him.

He will be looking for a bigger job than the one at Bolton

Sam is not going to Bolton, end of.

What I meant was Bolton should be choosing from the same pool of players we would be. They have about the same to offer.

Hughes would be the exception. Big step down for him though. To an extent it'd be like coming back to Rovers.

Hughes is only bookie's favourite because he's the biggest name out of a job. It's only been half an hour since Megson got sacked, there's no inside knowledge on this one yet.

Would think as time goes on that Coyle will be tipped and then come out as not interested.

I can see them going for someone from the upper end of the Championship, like Holloway. He's doing wonders on no budget.

Can't see Sam going back though I wouldn't really mind!

Sam wouldn't go back to Bolton but I must admit I wouldn't be too unhappy if someone came in for him in the same way Newcastle came in for Souness.

My dark horse - Simon Grayson. Hughes might go though, depends how keen he is to get back to work. Coyle ? I don't think so.

Good shout but if Leeds go up and Bolton go down you might argue he'd be better off staying put.

Archived