BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if Hughes took it but the thought of it isn't good, and I'd cry if he did go.

Candidates are few and far between. I can't see Coyle being interested. The usual names will be chucked in like Southgate, D Ferguson, O'Leary & Curbishley. What about outside bets on McLaren or Shearer?? What about Grayson? Would Coppell fancy a go? P Jewel? Not a stunning list is it!

I can see them going for someone from the upper end of the Championship, like Holloway. He's doing wonders on no budget.

Another good shout. At least the post match interviews would be entertaining.

Would be a very tricky one for Coyle. A distinct step up from the Dingles but would it be far enough?

Well people are saying Hughes is bigger and better than Bolton, but who else is he realistically going to get a shot at in the near future if he wants to stay in the prem? All the managers at the top teams are pretty much settled apart from possibly Benitez but that's a non-starter. Possibly United when Fergie finally calls it a day but has he really done enough to deserve that honour, either way can't see it happening soon anyway so he'd be better off taking a lesser job at lease for the time being.

Think the fans have forced that one! Was it not Gartside who recommended Coyle to Burnley after interviewing him for the Bolton job?

Can't see Sam going back though I wouldn't really mind! How about Megson to PNE, Sam to Bolton and Hughes back to us!

It is true that the fans have never really taken to Megson, but they have been pretty woeful this season, and for most of 2009. I think they're one of the few teams that play worse football than us!

That said, they have mananged to find a very decent striker in Klasnic - wish we'd have got him!

Another good shout. At least the post match interviews would be entertaining.

Would be a very tricky one for Coyle. A distinct step up from the Dingles but would it be far enough?

I can't think of one single reason why Coyle would be better off at Bolton rather than Burnley.

Well people are saying Hughes is bigger and better than Bolton, but who else is he realistically going to get a shot at in the near future if he wants to stay in the prem? All the managers at the top teams are pretty much settled apart from possibly Benitez but that's a non-starter. Possibly United when Fergie finally calls it a day but has he really done enough to deserve that honour, either way can't see it happening soon anyway so he'd be better off taking a lesser job at lease for the time being.

Newcastle !

Guest Kamy100

If Bolton decide to go down the "unproven" route then could see a Shearer and Gary Speed combination taking over. Alan wants to be a manager, not going to get the Newcastle job, so this might be the right opportunity for him, good friends with Speed who is former Bolton player and is loved by fans.

He will be looking for a bigger job than the one at Bolton

I really hope your right

Coyle going to Bolton would be beyond my wildest dreams. :tu:

Must agree with that - it would be fantastic

That said, they have mananged to find a very decent striker in Klasnic - wish we'd have got him!

He's on loan - lets pinch him

On other managers out there - Hen Tenk Cate, Curbishley, Laudrup

I can't think of one single reason why Coyle would be better off at Bolton rather than Burnley.

A £1m a year increase in wages?

Den -

• £1M Extra as per Philip
  • Better facilities
  • Bigger fan base
  • More money available
  • Bigger wage budget
  • Better squad
  • His Ex Club

The problem of Hughes et al going anywhere is that they are earning about £5.5m a year between them for the next 18 months for doing nothing. City have effectively put them on gardening leve in relieving them of their duties.

Are Bolton going to buy that sort of pay-off off them?

Good point

1. but I'd imagine that the figure is negotiable with City. They'll prob be glad to draw a line under the matter to the tune of 4-5m. After that any deal would be between Bolton and Hughes and his team.

2. Considering that we made approx £30-40m profit on his purchases it's quite prob a wise investment. A no-brainer in fact. I said at the time a bonus based on profitability of player transfers should have been stitched into Hughes contract to ring fence him at BRFC but I rem you scoffing at that. imo it's quite feasible now based on Hughes simply insisting on such a deal.

The longer Hughes stays out of work, the bigger his compo from City.

Paid to sit at home and watch TV or paid (probably less) for the thankless task of trying to keep Bolton up with some of the most hostile fans in the country. How well will an ex-Rovers, ex-City manager go down over there?

I think Hughes as shown he does not care what others think by the fact he is an ex man u player yet went to manage man city.

Roy Keane may also be interested in the Bolton job, must be better job than Ipswich.

The problem of Hughes et al going anywhere is that they are earning about £5.5m a year between them for the next 18 months for doing nothing. City have effectively put them on gardening leve in relieving them of their duties.

Are Bolton going to buy that sort of pay-off off them?

Did not rovers have to pay Ince compo even though he then got a another managers job? Or did Rovers save money by Ince getting another job?

Archived