BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Facebook Campaign

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant. 3 days before the semi final and some clown decides this sort of thing is funny.

Sam is OUR manager. You might not agree with some of the things he does but he is doing them because he believes they are right. We were going down before he arrived. Relegation would have been an unmitigated disaster for the club, if the financial situation is bleak for us now we would have had serious issues in the Championship. No manager would have had us pushing for the top 4 this season which is what some people seem to think we should be doing.

Premiership football is not a divine right for Rovers. If we are still hovering around the relegation zone this time next season when Sam would be approaching 2 years in the job then questions should be rightly asked. In the meantime, count your blessings and shut up.

Brilliant. 3 days before the semi final and some clown decides this sort of thing is funny.

Sam is OUR manager. You might not agree with some of the things he does but he is doing them because he believes they are right. We were going down before he arrived. Relegation would have been an unmitigated disaster for the club, if the financial situation is bleak for us now we would have had serious issues in the Championship. No manager would have had us pushing for the top 4 this season which is what some people seem to think we should be doing.

Premiership football is not a divine right for Rovers. If we are still hovering around the relegation zone this time next season when Sam would be approaching 2 years in the job then questions should be rightly asked. In the meantime, count your blessings and shut up.

Good call ElTwis.

Amen. I can't believe how petulant some fans behave. Like sulking children.

Good post.

GOOD POST? 3 POINTS OFF THE DROPZONE OUT OF THE CUP BORING DIRE BRAIN DEAD KICK AND HOPE ,STUPID PLAYERS WHO GET SENT OFF ....AYE ITS STUPID!

Amen. I can't believe how petulant some fans behave. Like sulking children.

As opposed to saying how good one of our players will now be serving a three match ban? :wacko::unsure::wstu:

GOOD POST? 3 POINTS OFF THE DROPZONE OUT OF THE CUP BORING DIRE BRAIN DEAD KICK AND HOPE ,STUPID PLAYERS WHO GET SENT OFF ....AYE ITS STUPID!

As opposed to saying how good one of our players will now be serving a three match ban? :wacko::unsure::wstu:

:wstu: (IN CAPITAL LETTERS)

which part is stupid or wrong?

we are 3 points off the drop zone?

we do play boring hit and hope?

or spit did the right thing in getting sent off?

Rovers may be 3 points off the drop zone - but a lot of other teams are in simular positions. It is very close at the moment in the lower half of the table. Diouf sending off has nothing at all to do with Sam - that was diouf's own stupidity.

Any manager would struggle with the resourse that Rovers have available - that is something a lot of people fail to understand.

which part is stupid or wrong?

we are 3 points off the drop zone?

we do play boring hit and hope?

or spit did the right thing in getting sent off?

Tell us, Abbey, do you really think the club can afford to sack another management team whilst recruiting another? And who, pray tell, do you think would be better equipped to manage us?

Answers on a postcard, please.

no club can really afford sackings but it will cost more with loss of tv money and season ticket money if we carry on with him...

HUGHES AND TOOGS.

DAGLISH

SOEY AND TOOGS.

GRAYSON.

MEGSON :rolleyes:

Are you really saying Megsn is better than Sam? Grayson it is still too early for him to be a prem manager - it would be an Ince situation again.

Rovers second half display was better than the first. There were many changes in the side today. Maybe it took the first half for the team to gell a bit. Olson played well today and for a change I heard Pederson also played well - in the centre midfield. dunn got a run out after his injury.

I hate Rovers to lose any game, but the reality is they will lose. Fans may hate Sam or any manager playing a weakened side, but often it is the best way of using the whole squad. This season it appears the prioity is the prem and the carling cup.

I think we the players we currently have, no available manager would do much better. We have a poor set of players. You can partially blame Sam for not strengthening the right positions though. I hate the current situation and I hate the 'football' we are playing, but I think we are stuck with it. I expected to lose today and I expect to lose both carling cup games. The Chelsea game had me thinking we'd turned the corner, it was the best I'd seen us play in years. However, ut seems it was a one off and it feels like a long time that match.

Not really any of my concern or business but surprised to see some of your fans think you would be better off without Fat Sam. I used to visit a Newcastle forum and I seem to remember some of their fans saying the same, I think they lived to regret it as I think would Rovers.

no club can really afford sackings but it will cost more with loss of tv money and season ticket money if we carry on with him...

HUGHES AND TOOGS.

DAGLISH

SOEY AND TOOGS.

GRAYSON.

MEGSON :rolleyes:

OK, let's deal with these "suggestions" slightly more sensibly than they deserve.

Hughes - Let's be honest, he's not coming back. He was actively looking for opportunites above and beyond Rovers, he dropped us at the first decent offer and was questionably sacked. His stock is beyond us.

Dalglish - 10 years ago maybe, he wouldn't accept a managers post anywhere nowadays, even Liverpool.

Souness - why do you think this is a good idea? Souness took us up, Sam kept us up. Souness won the league cup, Sam has us in the semi final. Where is the advantage?

Grayson - as mentioned above, what is there to suggest he would be anything other than another Ince?

Megson - really?!

Tugay - Rovers legend as a player but don't be fooled into thinking that translates in any way to being a good manager.

It's immaterial anyway, as someone has already mentioned we can't afford to sack another management team. Unless we are in serious danger of going down we should give Allardyce, McDonald and co 2-3 years to build the team as they want it. If at that point we are struggling, their contracts will be up anyway. Let's not be yet another club that jumps to an early sacking, this isn't FM, teams take time to create.

OK, let's deal with these "suggestions" slightly more sensibly than they deserve.

Hughes - Let's be honest, he's not coming back. He was actively looking for opportunites above and beyond Rovers, he dropped us at the first decent offer and was questionably sacked. His stock is beyond us.

Dalglish - 10 years ago maybe, he wouldn't accept a managers post anywhere nowadays, even Liverpool.

Souness - why do you think this is a good idea? Souness took us up, Sam kept us up. Souness won the league cup, Sam has us in the semi final. Where is the advantage?

Grayson - as mentioned above, what is there to suggest he would be anything other than another Ince?

Megson - really?!

Tugay - Rovers legend as a player but don't be fooled into thinking that translates in any way to being a good manager.

It's immaterial anyway, as someone has already mentioned we can't afford to sack another management team. Unless we are in serious danger of going down we should give Allardyce, McDonald and co 2-3 years to build the team as they want it. If at that point we are struggling, their contracts will be up anyway. Let's not be yet another club that jumps to an early sacking, this isn't FM, teams take time to create.

Excellent post, IMO.

Not really any of my concern or business but surprised to see some of your fans think you would be better off without Fat Sam. I used to visit a Newcastle forum and I seem to remember some of their fans saying the same, I think they lived to regret it as I think would Rovers.

Easy for you to say TrentVilla.We'll swap places with your lot anytime.

To be fair, the Souness one doesn't seem to go away. I think the attraction is that he won't take any carp from the players and some of our players might even benefit from a good old rollocking. He has a bit more passion about him than Sam appears to have, and I reckon the perception is that he would be more likely to create a fighting spirit. We'd probably still lose to the top 5 or 6 but it might be 2-1 rather than 4-0.

Personally, I like Souey even up to him going but I don't think I'd have him back now.

There is a reason why we got Sam in the first place - because he was the best candidate out there. Aside from Hughes, who wouldn't come back, he probably still is.

By the time his contract finishes, we ought to still be in the Premier League and there may be better candidates out there.

Easy for you to say TrentVilla.We'll swap places with your lot anytime.

Its ironic really mate because very similar threads can be found on the Villa forum I'm a member of, people complaining about O'Neill, his decisions his signings and especially his football which isn't all that different to Fat Sam (sorry old habit) but he is fortunate that he can afford more expensive players.

I think its sometimes easy when you are so close to things (that goes for your fans and ours) to focus on certain aspects of the management of our clubs and lose sight of the bigger picture. Personally I think given time and better financial (if possible) support Sam will prove to be a very good manager for you.

• Backroom

Let's not forget Souey had the benefit of Dunn, Duff and Jansen at their best... along with hefty backing in the transfer market. The situation at the club has changed a lot since he was last here.

Agree 100% Dan....this is one mediocre Rovers side and make no mistake.

I don't think Allardyce does himself any favours though - the constant chopping and changing (understandable today, but why every Prem game?), the bewildering team selections, the one-dimensional tactics, the decision to buy several right-backs, the £6m striker who looks ready to everyone - except Sam who picks Roberts ahead of him, on the basis that "Jason's scored 3 Prem goals this season" (weren't two of those in the same game against the bottom of the league team?!).

Personally I think we should be doing better, and the problem isn't the players, its the manager/tactics.

Unfortunately anyone with any sense will recognise that at present we cannot afford to sack him, but there will come a point when Williams has to earn his money - the choice (gamble?) will be the loss of the Prem windfall vs. paying Allardyce's contract up .... I hope not but I fear the worst.

Archived