BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Facebook Campaign

Not a member so cant read this - no doubt reading the reactions its some key board warrior, that is abit of a loser and has started some pathetic 'sack sam' group. Why dont you go and 'poke' him!!! Like Shilito says - 'Sad @#/?s'.

no club can really afford sackings but it will cost more with loss of tv money and season ticket money if we carry on with him...

Let gets 1 thing clear - Cost of season tickets is worth next to nothing to our club - hence why they lowered prices - its purely about SUPPORT, not money!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a member so cant read this - no doubt reading the reactions its some key board warrior, that is abit of a loser and has started some pathetic 'sack sam' group. Why dont you go and 'poke' him!!! Like Shilito says - 'Sad @#/?s'.

:lol:

I'm almosy drowning in the irony.

Let gets 1 thing clear - Cost of season tickets is worth next to nothing to our club - hence why they lowered prices - its purely about SUPPORT, not money!

It seems that posters who stick their heads above the parapet and express anything but adoration for Allardyce is subjected to this childish name calling. You are one of the worst culprits.

It seems that posters who stick their heads above the parapet and express anything but adoration for Allardyce is subjected to this childish name calling. You are one of the worst culprits.

Yeah ok - Where did I come out with childish 'name' calling?!

I simply said that if it is a 'Get Sam out' campaign - when we are 13th, then that is pathetic. Dont see West Ham, Hull, Wigan etc with a 'sack the manager' campaign do you?!

Truth hurts I know!

Mods please take this pathetic thread off the board - the time MAy come in time. But now is the time to back Sam and the team. 13th in the prem is not bottom and a carling cup semi final is also a positive. We are as financially knackered as clubs such as pompey and west ham. The club is being run with the means and the constraints it has - the manager is contrained by what he has. Somehow we as supporters need to do something to encourage the trustees to come back and help the club financially. After they are the owners and no matter who the manager is they are knackered until the trustees have a change of heart. I am extremely grateful for what the trustees have already done for the club, I just want them to just do a little bit more for awhile, which will eventually help them sell the club. Succes on the field is the key to them selling the club to the right buyer. Until that is done things will remain the same. We soldier on with what we have.

We back the manager, the team with the understanding they are operating in the best way they can with what they have available - that is we can ask of anybody at Rovers.

I've supported the club for almost 50 years and for me supporting a club is about sticking with them through the good times and the bad. I'm fortunate to be able to afford to go to every game - home and away - and will continue to do so to support the club, the manager and his team. It's the difference between being a fan and a supporter.

During my time as a supporter we have won four promotions, the Worthington Cup and the Full Member's Cup and have suffered four relegations. Following Blackburn Rovers is not a passport to year on year success. Since 1936, the majority of our time has been spent outside of the top division of English football. After the success of the years when Jack invested in the club, the Rovers have returned to being a small town club trying to survive in a League which is mainly occupied by big city clubs.

However, at a time when the club needs the fans to rally round, we have people moaning about the quality of the football, the fact that we are not in the top ten, and the fact that we aren't spending money we don't have in the transfer market.

Without the television money, Blackburn Rovers, as we know it, would struggle to exist. Relegation, as John Williams as said, would probably mean the end of top flight football at Blackburn for some time. I'm old enough to remember being told in 1966 that we would return to the top flight if we were relegated. We were relegated and the return took a quarter of a century - not something I would want to repeat at my age!

Sam is not perfect, far from it. But then, what manager is perfect and doesn't make mistakes? Sam has a philosophy about football which is never going to change. It's percentage football and while it may not be to everybody's taste he believes it will achieve the goals he has been set - Premier League survival. The minute Sam was appointed we, as a club, bought into that philosophy.

Rightly or wrongly, Sam is here to stay for the duration of his contract. The club can't afford to replace him and I don't believe that there are many better qualified candidates who would want the job, given the limited budget he has to work with.

Personally, I will continue to give him and the players my full support. I have seen worse managers at Ewood Park and seen far worse football at Ewood Park than what I have witnessed this season.

While I have realised that supporting your club through thick and thin is not a concept that an increasing number of our fans buy into, I can throughly recommend it. It is what being a supporter use to be about in the old days!

I've supported the club for almost 50 years and for me supporting a club is about sticking with them through the good times and the bad. I'm fortunate to be able to afford to go to every game - home and away - and will continue to do so to support the club, the manager and his team. It's the difference between being a fan and a supporter.

During my time as a supporter we have won four promotions, the Worthington Cup and the Full Member's Cup and have suffered four relegations. Following Blackburn Rovers is not a passport to year on year success. Since 1936, the majority of our time has been spent outside of the top division of English football. After the success of the years when Jack invested in the club, the Rovers have returned to being a small town club trying to survive in a League which is mainly occupied by big city clubs.

However, at a time when the club needs the fans to rally round, we have people moaning about the quality of the football, the fact that we are not in the top ten, and the fact that we aren't spending money we don't have in the transfer market.

Without the television money, Blackburn Rovers, as we know it, would struggle to exist. Relegation, as John Williams as said, would probably mean the end of top flight football at Blackburn for some time. I'm old enough to remember being told in 1966 that we would return to the top flight if we were relegated. We were relegated and the return took a quarter of a century - not something I would want to repeat at my age!

Sam is not perfect, far from it. But then, what manager is perfect and doesn't make mistakes? Sam has a philosophy about football which is never going to change. It's percentage football and while it may not be to everybody's taste he believes it will achieve the goals he has been set - Premier League survival. The minute Sam was appointed we, as a club, bought into that philosophy.

Rightly or wrongly, Sam is here to stay for the duration of his contract. The club can't afford to replace him and I don't believe that there are many better qualified candidates who would want the job, given the limited budget he has to work with.

Personally, I will continue to give him and the players my full support. I have seen worse managers at Ewood Park and seen far worse football at Ewood Park than what I have witnessed this season.

While I have realised that supporting your club through thick and thin is not a concept that an increasing number of our fans buy into, I can throughly recommend it. It is what being a supporter use to be about in the old days!

Well said that man, excellent post.

I'm obviously not a Rovers fan but I echo the sentiment of this as I think elements are true to most clubs 'fans' including Villa's.

Excellent post. These are words that some people on this board should be reading a bit carefully.

PS. I think you forgot to mention 1 Premier League title in there too!

Really excellent post. I think that a big problem here is that the Facebook generation all started supporting the club in the Nineties and have wrongly presumed that we have the God given right to not only be in the Premiership, but to be winning silverware and qualifying for Europe every season. Being a Rovers fan isn't easy and it is very frustrating at the moment but when we are thirteenth and in a semi final, is it really time to panic?

To the person that set the group up I would like to ask:

Say that we did get rid of Sam, what manager would be interested in the following job specification:

Premiership football team require a talented and experienced manager who must be blessed with a great personality. Blackburn Rovers are a team full of tradition and the ideal candidate should be able to restore the glory, the club previously achieved. In order for you to do this we can offer you the following:

1. A set squad, including many championship quality players.

2. No money, unless of course you manage to convince other teams to buy the deadweight

We should outline the fact that unless the football you play is beautiful and you do not average sixth place in the league then you will be subjected to widespread disapproval and Facebook groups will be created regardless of your past achievements.

Lastly, the fans require you to sign the world's best players, regardless of your lack of budget and if you can't get them you MUST loan them.

I'm the worst person for getting frustrated for the way we play (Read my posts during away matchdays) but we really do have to look at things in perspective. Sam took over the club when it was in a really bad way and we have improved so stay with it!

Excellent post PB. It's a shame this can't be pinned next to the facebook campaign itself.

I hope people take the time to read what you've written there as it pretty much captures everything any Rovers supporter needs to know.

Through thick & thin!! That`s what separates 'proper' football fans from the sheep who support the Man Uniteds of this world.

A little bit of suffering makes the good times all the more sweeter!! :tu:

Remember when we won the league??:huh: i partied for a week. When United won last season`s championship, i had to pass through the old trafford area that evening. The streets were empty. You`d not have known anything had happened that day.

Through thick & thin!! That`s what separates 'proper' football fans from the sheep who support the Man Uniteds of this world.

A little bit of suffering makes the good times all the more sweeter!! :tu:

Remember when we won the league??:huh: i partied for a week. When United won last season`s championship, i had to pass through the old trafford area that evening. The streets were empty. You`d not have known anything had happened that day.

Success breeds expectation - and with that come Glory hunters or fickle fans.

We have had a large amount of success (based on the size of our club) - yet people believe its our right....its not, and as JW points out in my signature - its the longest spell we have had in the top flight.

The spell was extended by Sam joining the ship and steering it clear of the disaster that Ince set up.

Time for the defence:

1. The group was for a bit of fun.

2. IF he had gone to Bolton we wouldn't have needed to pay him off, WE would have recieved money for him!

3. I do support the team no matter what, however, you can not be watching every week if you can honestly say you enjoy watching what we have to! Even if we win we have not played well, the football is awful, other teams make a mockery of Sam's beliefs that 'we must play one up front and play this way to survive'.

4. If we were getting the results then he would have a better argument but we aren't, we are playing awful AND not winning.

5. Look at our fixtures from now until May, can you see us getting the 18 or so more points we need? Especially after March!!

6. The 'we are in a semi final' argument is parp. In the carling cup we have played a completely different team, ALWAYS with a different mentality to the one we display in the league, we attack and we play football in the cup, oh wait what has happened then?? hmmm results!

Im starting to think it would of been better to keep Ince. Thats how bad we are atm, Its absolutely dyer, and i know of a lot of season ticket holders who are starting to find better things to do with their Saturday afternoons, Ok, he may of kept us up... But i think i would rather be in the fizzy pop league if it meant we were playing decent stuff and not surrendering to teams before the match has even begun.

i HATE Allarydyce for what he is doing to us... That is not what Blackburn Rovers FC is about

Arte Et Labore

By Skill and Labour

Well you tell me where the skill is atm? or for that matter the Labour?

Im starting to think it would of been better to keep Ince. Thats how bad we are atm, Its absolutely dyer, and i know of a lot of season ticket holders who are starting to find better things to do with their Saturday afternoons, Ok, he may of kept us up... But i think i would rather be in the fizzy pop league if it meant we were playing decent stuff and not surrendering to teams before the match has even begun.

i HATE Allarydyce for what he is doing to us... That is not what Blackburn Rovers FC is about

Arte Et Labore

By Skill and Labour

Well you tell me where the skill is atm? or for that matter the Labour?

watty...?

:rover: Is your brother on this forum, perchance? :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

shhh

spelling inst my strong point lol

and no waggy is not my brother.

i used to think his rambling away was stupid, and that he was being a idiot however i can now see why he was and that he is right. Unfortunately for BRFC

Archived