SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your John Williams

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that sarcasm?

Jisty,

I see two points here, both yours and Majiballs, at Academy level, winning is good and teaches the lads good habits, however, the emphasis has to be on taking individuals through to the first team, I dont think it was sarcasm, merely to say that we could win the Academy league and not produce anyone good enough for the first team!!

Maybe I am wrong, but thats how I see things.

To all the people on this board who type 'where' instead of 'were'(and there are many), here is the past tense of the verb to be:-

I was

You were

He/she/it was

We were

You were

They were

'Where' should be used in these situations.........

Where is my Rovers scarf?

Where did I put my season ticket?

Where can I buy a ticket for the next match?

'Were' should be used in these situations.........

What would people do if they were John Williams now?

We were sat in the Blackburn End.

You were a season ticket holder before me.

What about these.........?

They were where you left them!

Where were you last week?

Were we where we said we were?

....and these..........?

We're where we said we'd be.

Where we are is where we were last season.

Easy ohmy.gif

Congratulations CLB! You have just done that which I have been on the verge of doing around a thousand times at least, but alas my courage always failed me. I am ashamed to say that I consoled myself with the thought that education was deliberately phased out on grounds of political correctness about 1950 with the aboltion of the old School Certificate and Higher School Certificate schemes. These were replaced by the much easier GCE 'O' and 'A' level shemes. Things have gone slowly but surely downhill ever since.

I am ashamed to say that I consoled myself with the thought that education was deliberately phased out on grounds of political correctness about 1950 with the aboltion of the old School Certificate and Higher School Certificate schemes. These were replaced by the much easier GCE 'O' and 'A' level shemes. Things have gone slowly but surely downhill ever since.

:lol:

Its abolition.

A-b-o-l-i-t-i-on.

laugh.gif

Its abolition.

A-b-o-l-i-t-i-on.

Well spotted Rev! I have just given myself 200 lines........ Abolition

Abolition

Abolition

etc

Oops....just spotted another one that you missed too Rev.....Scheme

Scheme, Scheme....etc

Is that sarcasm?

No. See below:

Jisty,

I see two points here, both yours and Majiballs, at Academy level, winning is good and teaches the lads good habits, however, the emphasis has to be on taking individuals through to the first team, I dont think it was sarcasm, merely to say that we could win the Academy league and not produce anyone good enough for the first team!!

Thats how I see an academy as well.

When we have one or two players in our first team squad that have come through the ranks, then and only then will it be a good academy.

Jisty,

Ok. Although forgive me as I'm still struggling.

Surely, if we the academy is doing as well as it is (assuming every other academy team in the country isn't filled with much inferior players - which I find extremely doubtful) then there should be several players who could come through together. Playing together for so long they'd likely know each others game inside out.

Clearly it's very unlikely that we are going to bring through any Beckhams, Butts, Scholes, Nevilles but surely there could be some players who are as good as a second tier French or German player.

It just seems more "PC" these days to go out and pay £800k buying from overseas when we've probably spent a less than a quarter of that on each academy player.

Why do we have an academy if not to bring players through to the first team - seems pointless. Churning out Championship-level players and selling them to the lower leagues isn't much good to a Premier League club.

Anywho. The academy is going to take on a greater significance in the future since the rules will dictate so I, for one, am glad that our current bunch are doing well.

There are alot of very unhappy Rovers fans at the moment, weather it be the Style of Football, Signings or the latest run of results. We have our own opinions so i want to know what people on this board would do if they where John Williams now?? I personally think Stick with Sam he is the right man for the job, my only critisism is spending £6million on a striker when we really needed a creative midfielder. Most people on here seem to have all the answers and can see where SA is going wrong every game so what would you do?

If I was in John Williams place I would do all that I could to persuade the walker trustees to keep hold of Rovers. Because we currently have the best owners that we could have. Of course of part of that to support Rovers finncially. When we look about the prem league, who has better owners than Rovers?

As supporters we should all be grateful for the walker trust and the way they have handled things. It is very easy us wanting them to splash huge amounts - but even the 3 mill a year is better than nothing.

But it is also the supporters who should try to do something - don't know what - to do all we can to encourage the walker trust to keep hold and support the club. Make them feel wanted and appreciated (wanting a better expression)

- but even the 3 mill a year is better than nothing.

But it is also the supporters who should try to do something - don't know what - to do all we can to encourage the walker trust to keep hold and support the club. Make them feel wanted and appreciated (wanting a better expression)

We don't get 3m p.a. - that's exactly what we do get - nothing.

Imo the Supporters should be thanking the Trustees for their support in the past but encouraging them now to move on asap given that they aren't now prepared to lend any financial support.

Imo the Supporters should be thanking the Trustees for their support in the past but encouraging them now to move on asap given that they aren't now prepared to lend any financial support.

Surely the fact that the club has been available for over two years is enough evidence that they want to move on asap?? They hardly need pushing out.

Which means that nobody else in the world out there isn't prepared to lend any financial support to BRFC either.

So we may as well be grateful for the ownership we've got, because there's no better offer available.

We don't get 3m p.a. - that's exactly what we do get - nothing.

For me Rev, the trust should be easily taking back, or taking out a minimum of one million pounds per year, if not double this.

£46m wage budget, there should be something in the pot for the trust, surely. Can you convert profit into wages ?

Dont want to offend you Rev, but its a bit spoilt moaning at a lack of extra cash coming in.

Surely the fact that the club has been available for over two years is enough evidence that they want to move on asap?? They hardly need pushing out.

We know they want to move on but the asking price is obviously an issue which they're going to have to be more flexible with if they want a sale to go through.

We know they want to move on but the asking price is obviously an issue which they're going to have to be more flexible with if they want a sale to go through.

Why is the asking price an issue?

Would any takeover that has trouble reaching the asking price be in the benefit of the club? Not exactly in the hundreds of millions is it?

Rev, the asking price has nothing to do with it. BRFC could be sold for a quid, but the new owners would then be duty bound to sink tens of millions of pounds in to make any difference, for absolutely no return.

There is no such buyer out there.

I know it's one of your favourite hobby horses, but you really are flogging a dead one.

Rev, the asking price has nothing to do with it. BRFC could be sold for a quid, but the new owners would then be duty bound to sink tens of millions of pounds in to make any difference, for absolutely no return.

There is no such buyer out there.

I know it's one of your favourite hobby horses, but you really are flogging a dead one.

I disagree with the tens of millions of pounds analogy.

Yes that would make a big difference, but even one million quid p.a. would be one million quid better than what we are currently getting.

And if there is no buyer out there, why have we bothered putting it up for sale at all?.

I disagree with the tens of millions of pounds analogy.

Yes that would make a big difference, but even one million quid p.a. would be one million quid better than what we are currently getting.

And if there is no buyer out there, why have we bothered putting it up for sale at all?.

A million quid won't even pay Diouf or Salgado for half a season.

I would argue that we'd be better off without your new one million pounds - because getting (eg) both Salgado and Diouf off the wage bill would be worth around FOUR million quid p.a.

Much better to have a slimmer squad than a Portsmouth style replacement for the JW Trust. At least we pay our employees.

Archived