BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Away - Monday 11 January 2010

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three Prem games off (Burnley, Sunderland and Fulham) with Liverpool v Spurs on Sunday being requested to be postponed by Liverpool.

The Fulham postponement is odd- there is a rapid thaw here in London now.

Surprised the Wigan v Villa one is still going ahead - still alot of Snow and ice around

Who would have thought that global warming was going to be so cold.

I think the bad weather will benefit us. Hoping for a bad pitch and a war all over the pitch. All of our practicing on longballs will win this match. City will try to pass the ball without any luck on the bad pitch and we will win on a freak goal.

Nah, seriously. We will loose 4-0.

A mega rich City team devastated by injury and ANC absentees versus rag tag Blackburn Rovers, a club without two pennies to rub together, a team that is suffering from jitters, players out of form, lacking central midfield creativity and forwards who dont score regularly enough !!

I would take a point right now.

Who would have thought that global warming was going to be so cold.

I think the bad weather will benefit us. Hoping for a bad pitch and a war all over the pitch. All of our practicing on longballs will win this match. City will try to pass the ball without any luck on the bad pitch and we will win on a freak goal.

Nah, seriously. We will loose 4-0.

We live in BRITAIN. Only OUR weather could be so ###### as to get colder while the world hots up haha!

Right, City game: Vieira 0-1 N'Zonzi!

In terms of result, I really don't know. Head says a thrashing by City, but I just have a feeling we might hold out for a win. Maybe 0-1 or 1-2.

Only 8 games have survived today and two of those are at Leeds and Norwich- ex Prem clubs with undersoil heating. Looking at the latest forecast, I think it is only a question of when the game at Eastlands gets called off. Snowing on Monday and the temperature not getting above freezing at any tme before the match.

I work in Clayton (about 1/2 mile from Citeh stadium). The roads are now ok from snow, but the pavements are still treacherous. If you are going I would leave extra time if you come off at J23 on the M60 as they have been digging up Ashton old road for the past 3 months fot the new tram - there are temp traffic lights in place all along the road.

I work in Clayton (about 1/2 mile from Citeh stadium). The roads are now ok from snow, but the pavements are still treacherous. If you are going I would leave extra time if you come off at J23 on the M60 as they have been digging up Ashton old road for the past 3 months fot the new tram - there are temp traffic lights in place all along the road.

To be honest the pavements where I live are shocking and every other town I have visited have been the same. I visited manchester just before Christmas when we had a little bit of snow and the pavements then were a nightmare. Councils in the north west don't seem to give a damn about pavements. They don't seem that fussed about the roads either, the main roads are ok, but that's it. To their credit they are at least sending gritting trucks out 'pretending' to grit, lights flashing, but no grit being spread! Useless barstewards.

Oh and a prediction. Rovers 3-0. Citeh's players will struggle in the cold and Pedersen will have a stormer and get a hattrick, including a goal direct from a corner! If he can't play well in these conditions, then he never will! These conditions are made for him! On a serious note, I think it'll be 0-0. A hard fought drew will be a good result I think.

I really hope the game is off - otherwise if the Semi goes ahead, Villa will have a big advantage with having 2 weeks off, whilst our boys would have to play 2 games in 4 days

Then again, since the last time mostly an under-strength team played...it's been like what - 3 weeks since the first team of Villa played a game? They might be just a little bit rusty, while the City game will hopefully sharpen instead of exhausting us.

Plus if we play City on monday Adebeyor may not play but if it's off then he'll be back and he has a habit of scoring against us

That's a very good point! Also I'm in agreement with Mr.E Surely after a long break players lose their match sharpness. If Benny had 3 weekends off, imagine how much business McDonalds would had!

We live in BRITAIN. Only OUR weather could be so ###### as to get colder while the world hots up haha!

Incorrect statement. It's been about -20 degrees celcius here in Oslo for at least a week, and at least -10 for almost a month. We haven't had a December and January this cold for about 16 years, I think.

City 0-3 Rovers

I really hope the game is off - otherwise if the Semi goes ahead, Villa will have a big advantage with having 2 weeks off, whilst our boys would have to play 2 games in 4 days

I think Villa might be found wanting, having not played for weeks. It will be to our advantage, to play the game against City. The Villa players, will have to adjust quickly, while our players will have had game time.

Incorrect statement. It's been about -20 degrees celcius here in Oslo for at least a week, and at least -10 for almost a month. We haven't had a December and January this cold for about 16 years, I think.

That would make sense as you too are in the path of the fading gulf stream. I'm TOLD it's fading, though it may be more BS.

Archived