BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Away - Monday 11 January 2010

City without Toure & Adebayor (African Nations), Ireland & Viera & also doubts over SWP & Lescott.

So possibly their normal centre defence is not there.

I think we can get something from the game - only the pace of Tevez & Bellamy worry me.

1-1 - Kalinic

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City without Toure & Adebayor (African Nations), Ireland & Viera & also doubts over SWP & Lescott.

So possibly their normal centre defence is not there.

I think we can get something from the game - only the pace of Tevez & Bellamy worry me.

1-1 - Kalinic

Rovers should really go for this one against a man city weakened team - we need the 3 points.

• Backroom

It bothers me that teams seem to be getting unlikely results all over the country but most of the time even games like this feel hopeless to us, apart from villa at home we haven't had one nice surprise in the league so far.

Lets change that tonight and nick a win to ruin Mancini's honeymoon.

If Andrews and Roberts all start we will likely lose. If team is something like below we might get a draw!

Robbo

Chimbonda

Samba

Nelsen

Givet

Junior

Grella

Dunn

Olsson (yes, Olsson on the left - bit of pace instead of Pedersen's long throws and not much else)

Di Santo

Kalinic

• Backroom

I'd go with Marks team but have Emo in the centre with Dunn and Pedersen on the left

I just hope Spam doesn't go with a weakened team giving up on this one and looking to thursdays game, didn't work in the FA cup

If Andrews and Roberts all start we will likely lose. If team is something like below we might get a draw!

Robbo

Chimbonda

Samba

Nelsen

Givet

Junior

Grella

Dunn

Olsson (yes, Olsson on the left - bit of pace instead of Pedersen's long throws and not much else)

Di Santo

Kalinic

Grella is still out:- Diouf and Grella unavailable

I am a bit torn who we will play to be honest. Would like us to go 532, but it will probably be 4411. If I got my way:-

-----------Kalinic-------McCarthy

--------------------Dunn

----------Nzonzo--------Emerton

Olsson-----------------------------Chimbonda

--------Givet-----Samba----Nelsen

------------------Robinson

Rovers should really go for this one against a man city weakened team - we need the 3 points.

we wont get anything for this game , the way we play we need an egg shaped ball , city have it right they use the round shaped ball and play on the ground not in the air like us

City have quite a lot of injury problems, as well as Touré and Adebayor missing. They're going to be looking a focal point to the attack with Roque out as well. I hope we go for it tonight, I'm hoping for something like...

Robinson

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton N'Zonzi Dunn Pedersen

Kalinic McCarthy

I have a sneaky feeling McCarthy will be on the bench if Dunn starts though.

The problem is, Sam is going to play one up front and play Andrews. He might even play Roberts. So that's us down to 9 men before we even start. We will play for a point and play our brand of sexy hoof ball. Said hoof ball will not work and we'll get battered, as Chimbonda will lose the ball in the oppositions half like he always does, Nelsen will get done for pace and Robinson will probably let a soft goal or 5 in.

We might however, play like we did against Chelsea in the cup, but I can't see it, must have been Sams medication that caused him to tell the team to keep it on the ground and attack, since it's been ###### poor since and before then.

The problem is, Sam is going to play one up front and play Andrews. He might even play Roberts. So that's us down to 9 men before we even start. We will play for a point and play our brand of sexy hoof ball. Said hoof ball will not work and we'll get battered, as Chimbonda will lose the ball in the oppositions half like he always does, Nelsen will get done for pace and Robinson will probably let a soft goal or 5 in.

We might however, play like we did against Chelsea in the cup, but I can't see it, must have been Sams medication that caused him to tell the team to keep it on the ground and attack, since it's been ###### poor since and before then.

If Andrews or Roberts play I will be fuming. We have enough quality in the side to not need them today, even if we do have the semi on Thurs.

• Backroom

I'm still split on it, the logical side of me thinks it'll be similar to the last game we were on TV at St Andrews and that we'll put out a defensive team.

But for some reason I'm quietly confident, after all we are unbeaten in the league all year

I think Sam will field a team along the lines of:

Robbo

Chimbonda-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Emerton-N'Zonzi-Andrews-Pedersen

Dunn

Roberts

But I'd prefer:

Robbo

Jacobsen-Samba-Givet-Chimbonda

Emerton-N'Zonzi-Olsson

Dunn

Kalinic-McCarthy

I think that team has more attacking mentality about it and is more defensively solid! Here's hoping, but doubt Sam will try it. If we don't at least put up a fight, I'll be against Sam being our manager. I'm just struggling to see where the next result will come from. I'll be optimistic for the sake of it and say 2-1 to Rovers. You never know.

Archived