Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Away - Monday 11 January 2010

I think Sam will field a team along the lines of:

Robbo

Chimbonda-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Emerton-N'Zonzi-Andrews-Pedersen

Dunn

Roberts

If that's our side we deserve to lose this game as we will be playing with 8 men as Pedersen, Andrews and Roberts are crap.

I'm going for a 3-0 loss as Sam will view the cup game as more important and will put out a weaker side tonight in hope for a draw, especially when you consider our away record.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's our side we deserve to lose this game as we will be playing with 8 men as Pedersen, Andrews and Roberts are crap.

I'm going for a 3-0 loss as Sam will view the cup game as more important and will put out a weaker side tonight in hope for a draw, especially when you consider our away record.

I hate his view if that's the case. Yes, a Wembley final would be AWESOME, but it is potentially detrimental to our league position!!! I'd field our best team tonight and hope for the best against Villa. After all, it IS a 2-legged game against villa.

City have quite a lot of injury problems, as well as Touré and Adebayor missing. They're going to be looking a focal point to the attack with Roque out as well. I hope we go for it tonight, I'm hoping for something like...

Robinson

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton N'Zonzi Dunn Pedersen

Kalinic McCarthy

I have a sneaky feeling McCarthy will be on the bench if Dunn starts though.

I'd love to see that line up and formation, but it's never going to happen. We are playing away and Sam doesn't like to bother with away games against teams better than us. The frustrating thing is, defending deep and playing for a draw hasn't worked since he's been in charge and probably never will. Personally if we went for it all guns blazing and lost, I'd be much much happier. We'd stand a better chance, City can't defend, even with their 1st choice team. If we sit back they WILL DESTROY US! Sam, please grow some balls or let whoever picked the team and tactics against Chelsea have a go tonight. Putting in a good attacking display will boost confidence, for Thursday, more than sitting back and hoping to nick it 1-0 or hoping for a draw. I guess it's just not Sams style :-(

Rovers - 7 / 1

On Skybet

Worth a fiver?

If Andrews and/or Roberts play and we play our usual away tactics against 'big' clubs, thenI wouldn't waste 10p on it mate.

Spending money or even watching Rovers lately is like that Ex-Girlfriend everyone has had; you don't have fun and she constantly ###### on you, but you love her so put it with it, hoping it'll get better. At the end if the day Big Sam is our ugly, negative girlfriend, but we are skint and can't do any better so we stay for the odd good moment or two.

If Andrews and/or Roberts play and we play our usual away tactics against 'big' clubs, thenI wouldn't waste 10p on it mate.

Spending money or even watching Rovers lately is like that Ex-Girlfriend everyone has had; you don't have fun and she constantly ###### on you, but you love her so put it with it, hoping it'll get better. At the end if the day Big Sam is our ugly, negative girlfriend, but we are skint and can't do any better so we stay for the odd good moment or two.

Most depressing post ever.

Ex? That's marriage isn't it?

Ex? That's marriage isn't it?

I'm not married yet I'll let you know! So Sam is the wife that we hate but can't do any better and can't even afford to divorce her because we are so skint. Of course some people might be happy with such a wife(they'll be on here later posting after we have lost 5-0 after defending all match and hoofing it).

Ok enough, I feel like Ian Holloway!

Predictions: If we go for it and not let Andrews and Roberts anywhere near the team 2-2, maybe 2-1. If we do the usual 4/5/6-0

I'm not married yet I'll let you know! So Sam is the wife that we hate but can't do any better and can't even afford to divorce her because we are so skint. Of course some people might be happy with such a wife(they'll be on here later posting after we have lost 5-0 after defending all match and hoofing it).

Ok enough, I feel like Ian Holloway!

Predictions: If we go for it and not let Andrews and Roberts anywhere near the team 2-2, maybe 2-1. If we do the usual 4/5/6-0

Pretty much my view too. Read Ian Holloway's book (called 'Ollie') btw. A great read.

:lol: whilst we're together, ill take whatever good times I can get :brfcsmilie:

(this post did make me chuckle)

Rovers:

Robinson, Jacobsen, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Emerton, Andrews, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Dunn, Di Santo.

Good to see Jacobsen play, think he has done pretty well when he has played and linked up with Emerton well on the overlap on a few occasions. Emerton back is a plus point, but Andrews and Pedersen simply aren't good enough. With this formation Dunny needs to play a blinder, pretty hard to do when he is coming back from an injury and a lack of match sharpness.

If Dunny doesn't play well or is nullified then i can't see us scoring with that formation/lineup.

FFS.

What is this!?!

Back to square one, with one striker.

Its not me being negative, but its like throwing the towel in from the outset. A non-scoring striker leads the line with no other forward support and a handicapped midfield (Andrews/MGP).

Chimbonda could be a booking away from a ban so may be rested.

I look forward to being surprised by the performance.

FFS.

What is this!?!

Back to square one, with one striker.

Its not me being negative, but its like throwing the towel in from the outset. A non-scoring striker leads the line with no other forward support and a handicapped midfield (Andrews/MGP).

Chimbonda could be a booking away from a ban so may be rested.

I look forward to being surprised by the performance.

Not being funny but 4-4-2 hasn't really worked has it?

Archived