BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ladbrokes Refuse To Pay Out Bet

Suspect the publicity will mean Ladbrokes and the punter will come to a compromise but whoever took the bet will be getting a rocket up the a**e. I think Clare works/worked in a bookies? So she might clarify, but here are some official words........

Related contingencies (selections with logical connections) such as Italy to win 2-0 and Italy to win HT and FT are accepted in singles only and, where taken in error for accumulative bets, the stake will be divided equally on singles for each quoted eventuality

Suspect the publicity will mean Ladbrokes and the punter will come to a compromise but whoever took the bet will be getting a rocket up the a**e. I think Clare works/worked in a bookies? So she might clarify, but here are some official words........

It's been a while but by the rules they would have to split his stakes, it happens often in footy bets.

The two odd things about this bet are that firstly it would've took ages to sort out the prices. In the time I worked there, on the tellys there were only odds for snow in several big cities ie London, Edinburgh, so they would've had to phone up to get the prices for all the other ones. Also on the screens it would've said "singles only" in nice big writing at the bottom.

Being a cynical sod that I am, and the fact that he has run straight to the papers with it, possibly he knew exactly what he was doing and was just trying it on. In any event, the maximum payout for any bet is £1m.

HAHAHA,

That's jokes..I am originally from Southampton, and I wonder which branch he placed the bet at..There are a couple of branches I can think of that I would like that to have happened in..

I hate Laddy's woth a passion..they made me take a taxi to another branch to pick up a £315 win from a £1.30 accumaltor because they didn't have the money in that particular branch..and the look on their faces when they checked the slip, they looed like they wanted to be sick..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived