BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enough Is Enough

ABBEY

Good response, fair play my man.

Some fans have indeed been against Sam from the start but others including myself gave him a chance and in fact I defended him on this board many times earlier in his tenure and even after the Arsenal and Chelsea games this season.

Sam made a point about Megson that if the fans aren't behind you then you are buggered, luckily for Sam I expect many of the fans at Ewood still are behind him for now but the more vocal will be on messageboards making it seem like a majority.

If we were to go a goal down at any time on Sunday the fans may start to turn en masse, it could have happened vs Sunderland without Pedersens goal.

Villa and Fulham should be huge for us and Sam but even if we got soundly beaten on both occasions I think nothing would be done.

I think saying, "we could've been in trouble if we didn't draw with Sunderland" is the same as Sam saying "we could've won that if we scored". I reckon Sam has been very borderline so far, we are dropping a lot of points unnecessarily, but we have also gained a lot of points. The next 2 league games and the Villa match will be vital. I think there's no need to say that if we don't win our next 2 league games then we're in big trouble.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) There are managers available at the moment. In no order of preference, apart from the first one: Hughes; Curbishley; Hiddink; Laudrup; Peter Reid; David O'Dreary; George Graham; Southgate; Shearer; Newell; Tugay; Hendry. There are also a whole host of managers employed elsewhere who would either be worth a punt or a long shot: Eriksson (don't forget he has signed up once before... but then so did Crespo.... what could have been??!?!?), Tony 'Safehands' Parkes, Dalgleish, Grayson, Jol, Grant?

2) In my humble opinions the current performances could not be worse, so a change in management could not do us any damage.

Let's see what happens, we all want the best for our Rovers.

Considering the we are not the bottom of the league (yet), our performance could be worse.

On the subject of replacement managers, if it came to that I like Stuart Pearce. I think he's done well for England's U-21 team and with the downward tick in the Rover's ages (necessitated by the need to buy talent cheaply), his experience with young players could be invaluable.

Ah thanks - that makes 2 of us then! Im sure you have heard enough about Sam too considering your missus works at Rovers

You keep bringing this up. I post on this messageboard as a fan of Blackburn Rovers. Where my family or friends might or might not work is nothing to do with you or anyone else on the messageboard. And either way, if I was ever in a priviledged position through such a situation, that would never come out in public or on a public internet forum.

Good luck trying to understand. It's called discretion if you need help from a dictionary.

By the end of January we will know if Sam has saved his job or not. I hate watching this **** football but I hate watching us lose even more. Really I hope he scares the team into playing with some kind of desire, we still don't look like as bad as we did under Ince (the spurs match from last season sticks in my mind), but its clear the players need to be inspired, and thats Sam's job.

Ah thanks - that makes 2 of us then! Im sure you have heard enough about Sam too considering your missus works at Rovers

There are a few other board members on here who know all about it too. Sam has had many bust up's with JW in his time here.

Mattheman is his biggest fan and the main reason he got the job

Cheers Hughesy, I think you've just elevated JW status to even greater heights.

Matthewman I would think will be one of the trust members as is he not married to one of the Walkers. Just a pity Jack isnt around to put him into his place.

Question is how does JW and co. keep the Trust, but get rid of Matthewman?

You keep bringing this up. I post on this messageboard as a fan of Blackburn Rovers. Where my family or friends might or might not work is nothing to do with you or anyone else on the messageboard. And either way, if I was ever in a priviledged position through such a situation, that would never come out in public or on a public internet forum.

Good luck trying to understand. It's called discretion if you need help from a dictionary.

N.B. All of this is permissible if you buy Tris a pint ;)

• Backroom

I think saying, "we could've been in trouble if we didn't draw with Sunderland" is the same as Sam saying "we could've won that if we scored". I reckon Sam has been very borderline so far, we are dropping a lot of points unnecessarily, but we have also gained a lot of points. The next 2 league games and the Villa match will be vital. I think there's no need to say that if we don't win our next 2 league games then we're in big trouble.

What I mean is, after Bents first goal V sunderland there seemed to be rumblings in the ground and you could sense the crowd could turn until Pedersen popped up to equalise quickly

Oh and Tris my wife is a hairdresser so just hit me up for any inside news in the hair world (not that you need the tips mind :P)

A couple of points to consider.

1...who do you bring in? Look at the poverty of the candidates beig mentioned by the other Premier League club currently looking for a manager.

2...does sacking a manager not risk knocking you back even further in the bid to stay in the division?

Sorry if that is negative thinking, but it's realistic.

And Hughesy is right - Big Sam has some powerful allies who wanted him before Ince and made sure he got it last time. Don't underestimate that.

The bottom line, though, is that two poor home performances this week will see civil unrest and that usually changes opinions.

Sorry Nicko, although you do raise some good points, it is my view that the manager alone cannot be accountable. The supporters do have a voice, but not a platform to speak out with regards to the Walker Trust. The latter have been fantastic in the past, but today they have chossen to let him and the club and the supporters down.

Sam my have powerful allies, but supporters do not - how can our voice be heard? You come on to this message board, and I am one who is very grateful for your posts, but you must have read over and over the fustration of the supporters of Rovers. the blame alone does not lie with the manager, but the trustees who are refusing to support the club with regards to funding. Sadly at this moment in time it does not matter who the manager is, the same will apply - NO FUNDS TO IMPROVE WITHOUT SELLING. It was Jack Walkers desire that the club funded itself, but the club is NOT ready for that yet. Without the cash flow from the trust, it will never be the case.

I do not believe that any Rovers supporter want a change of owner - but a change of attitude from the current ones. Nicko you are the one who has the access to the media that we on here do not. Please voice our fustration.

Cheers Hughesy, I think you've just elevated JW status to even greater heights.

Matthewman I would think will be one of the trust members as is he not married to one of the Walkers. Just a pity Jack isnt around to put him into his place.

Question is how does JW and co. keep the Trust, but get rid of Matthewman?

But dont listen to me - Im just a 'prick' (Tris) - and I know nothing ;)

Hopefully the door was locked by the players, and they were crucifying the manager. He looked very very down when he finally showed up for interviews. In fact, he looked worse than I've ever seen him.

Even Dunny hates the tactics, even as the main beneficiary (allegedly, of course wacko.gif )

Oh look, right on cue from one of the rags ....

Dunn refuses to sign

What I mean is, after Bents first goal V sunderland there seemed to be rumblings in the ground and you could sense the crowd could turn until Pedersen popped up to equalise quickly

Oh and Tris my wife is a hairdresser so just hit me up for any inside news in the hair world (not that you need the tips mind :P)

I know but it happens every game when we concede lol clearly people have no faith in the team and are looking for any excuse to criticise. I always find it funny when we equalise not long after. That's what I mean though... every time we seem to concede people are more keen on slating the team, rather than getting behind the team to get back in it. I see it on every match thread. I don't know what it's like at actual games, but I can just picture droves of fans just walking out as soon as we concede the first goal. It's kinda sad, and if that is truly the feeling around Blackburn then Sam should be sacked.

Considering the we are not the bottom of the league (yet), our performance could be worse.

On the subject of replacement managers, if it came to that I like Stuart Pearce. I think he's done well for England's U-21 team and with the downward tick in the Rover's ages (necessitated by the need to buy talent cheaply), his experience with young players could be invaluable.

Pearce is another Ince. A bit better, a better motivator and has real passion. But on the other hand not really a structured guy with a complete approach to a club like Hughes. Would be a massive gamble.

Basically we need another Hughes who can get the most out of the squad, create good tactics and find good players on the cheap.

If we do go down the route of a new manager it's going to be a punt on someone from down the divisions who looks good. Partly because their salary is cheap and the compo will cheap. Partly because they will be hungry.

Obviously Hughes is the man to take over, would we get him though?

No chance:-

1) Salary

2) Gardening leave

3) Pride

4) He is well aware of the enormous financial shackles we are under which is why he left in the first place.

i`m not happy with the way things are going and cannot back the way in which sam has the team approaching games, however i concede he is the blackburn rovers manager for better or for worse and he will be the man in charge whether things improve and we stay up or whether the worst happens and we go down. the last throw of the dice was made with sam`s appointment imo, the money has dried up and there is no more for another fanciful `gamble` appointment, so unless hughes is willing to come in and do a job free of charge then we`ll just have hope sam can get the team to produce enough positive results for us to remain in this league. i no longer care how those results are acheived either. if it becomes necessery for samba to be a bulldozer upfront again in desparation then so be it as none of our current forwards are anywhere near as threatening as big chris was in that role last season..

A couple of points to consider.

1...who do you bring in? Look at the poverty of the candidates beig mentioned by the other Premier League club currently looking for a manager.

2...does sacking a manager not risk knocking you back even further in the bid to stay in the division?

Sorry if that is negative thinking, but it's realistic.

Fair points, you might argue that if it's going to cost 6 or 7m to sack Sam and his staff you might as well put it into the team. (Although if Sam stays they probably wouldn't if you see what I mean)

The counter argument is, what is our away record since April? One win in 16 or something like that? Could ANYONE really have done any worse? Personally I'd back Mrs. Allardyce or Nixon to do better than that.

I think im starting to lose patience now, absolutely pathetic performance tonight, why the he'll play 4-5-1? For defensive stability? Well that worked! I'm getting even more frustrated with the teams attitude against the big teams of "0-0 is the best we can hope for, oh we've conceded so let's defend this 1-0 defeat", there's no need for it and there's certainly no need t come out and say it! Then again I guess it will be ok because we wil just beat teams like Birmingham. . . Oh wait, it's all too predictable, ya can pretty much predict word for word his post match interviews, i look forward to us rolling over to yet another team, I could play better meself, on a lot less money as well! Waste of time watching that tosh

We are in a no win situation really, can't think of a manager out there that could come in and do a better job in a relegation battle than Sam. JW and the board were burned badly when they appointed Ince, i can't see us going for a young, relatively inexperienced manager again. That leaves the usual names and i don't think any of them are really better than Allardyce.

If we do decide to get rid of Sam then there goes whatever budget we have in January to order to pay him off. Even worse we may not even have the money to pay him off so that means another one of our better players will need to be sold in order to finance the managerial change.

Ultimately I just can't see Sam going, if we are going down then we are going down with Sam as the manager.

"Part of me wonders if Big Sam's health problems and his time at Newcastle have sapped his passion for this job. He never looks the most enthused of men when talking to the media"

couldn't agree with you more my man...

when he first came i thought that this is just the sort of passionate, intelligent, experienced guy we need (i was a big supporter of him becoming england boss but maclaren got the job) but now, and tonight has really sealed the deal, I have realised he isn't anything of these things for us. the squad do not want to play for him, and this is with a couple of exceptions only. we were cheering them scoring and cheering us getting a shot on a goal tonight. funny at the time maybe........not away against scunthorpe next season though :wacko:

he has to go

bring back tony parkes, bring back souness, bring back shearer, bring back hughes! whoever, but at least someone that gives a s**t

wembley my ar*e

Seen from the other side of the World there seems a depressing inevitability about our current plight and long term future. The Trust cant/wont provide the financial wherewithall to close the yawning gap between us and most of the rest of the Premier League and that is the rub. It's all about brass and the days of Wimbledon dining at the top table have gone. I think we will lose our top flight status either this season or next and that could well herald a decade or two outside of the top tier.

However, unlike the dark days of the 70's the ground isn't held together by rusting corrogated iron, the players dont train at Pleasy or Whitebirk and they aren't fed out of a chippy on Bolton Road. Thanks to the greatest football supporter of them all.

Maybe we should just accept that The Premier League is not the be all and end all.

We are in a no win situation really, can't think of a manager out there that could come in and do a better job in a relegation battle than Sam. JW and the board were burned badly when they appointed Ince, i can't see us going for a young, relatively inexperienced manager again. That leaves the usual names and i don't think any of them are really better than Allardyce.

If we do decide to get rid of Sam then there goes whatever budget we have in January to order to pay him off. Even worse we may not even have the money to pay him off so that means another one of our better players will need to be sold in order to finance the managerial change.

Ultimately I just can't see Sam going, if we are going down then we are going down with Sam as the manager. Unless we convince the dingle he is what they need.

Archived