BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunn Rejects New Contract

Hughesy

Dunn is our most creative player - when he is on the pitch.

Maybe any deal offered reflects pay as you play ?

I recall BFS used these a lot at Bolton.

'was'. OK he's been injured but he's not linking up like he did in the first quarter of the season is he. Either the opposition have sussed him, he's not fully fit, or somebody's pulling his strings from on high <_< . The timing of his refusal to sign a new contract is timed to perfection if there is a hidden agenda.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember one article during Souey's reign, where he stated his intention to shape Dunn into a Roy Keane-esque player, making him a complete midfielder instead of a purely flamboyant one. I also remember when he said Dunn was a superior player to Joe Cole. So I don't think Souey ever neglected Dunn, but could he stand accused of trying to live through him?

He also had a big problem in that he came through the same time as Tugay. It was extremely difficult to put both of them in the same midfield because they had such similar weaknesses - lack of mobility, height, strength, weak in the tackle.

And if you were going to pick one of them, good as Dunn was, Toogs in every time.

Looking back now it may have been more useful to play him upfront off Jansen or Cole. But that side of his game didn't really get discovered until he went to Birmingham where Bruce played him there a few times, and now under Allardyce.

Archived