BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

Can't believe some people would keep Pedersen in the team, he's be useless all season.

For me:

----Robbo----

Chim-Nelsen-Samba-Givet

----Emo--N'Zonzi-----

Hoilett-Dunn---Ollson

-----Kalinic

Hoilett getting forward like the second half of the City game.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robinson

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Ollson

Emerton Nzonzi Dunn Hoillet

Kalinic Di Santo

That would be my team for Saturday. Emerton and Chimbonda linked up very well yesterday in the second half, with Ollson and Hoillet both with pace, they could cause a lot of problems down the wings. Nzonzi in his usual role with Dunn playing just in front of him. My only concern would be that Hoillet nor Ollson have an end product, something Pedersen can offer once in a blue moon.

Guest Kamy100

I said after the City game that this was the priority game for me.

No more excuses, we have to get three points.

I would go with:

Robinson

Chimbonda

Nelson

Samba

Givet

Hoillet (Right Wing)

Dunn

Emerton

Pedersen (Left Wing)

Kalanic

Di Santo

We have got to be positive and try and retain possession. Fulham are a decent side, but if we can put them under pressure and cut out the silly mistakes then we can with this one. Sam and his backroom team also have to get the defence playing as a unit, we are not doing that at the moment so teams find it easier to create chances.

As fans we have to get behind the team, I found that unbelievably some fans weren't to gutted that we lost last night as they thought that would help get rid of Sam. Up until last night I believed that Sam would be gone if results were poor over the next 2 games, don't believe that anymore (can't say why as it could potentially get someone in trouble). Sam is here to stay, time to get behind him and the team.

Well this just became do or die.

Here's some help for you Sam:

-----------------Robbo------------------

Emerton------Samba---Nelsen-------Olsson

Hoillet------Dunn---N'zonzi------Pedersen

---------Di Santo---Kalinic-------------

Givet for Nelsen if Fit.

Majiball: exactly the same as mine except for a different right side:

This season is strange, with the exceptions of Robinson in goal (lack of competition for the position) and Samba (clearly our best defender) no one is assured of a place or settled in a role. The inconsistency of the team and the awfully direct tactics are, in my opinion, the reason why we have been so poor this season. Having only been to a few games this season, others are in a better position to comment but because I'm on a long lunch I've been thinking about this a lot!

We need the win, Zamora is out, they'll probably be happy with a draw so 4-4-2 is a must.

GK: Robinson: definite starter, needs a consistent and solid back four in front of him to show that he is a class keeper underneath!

RB: Chimbonda

Jacobsen is out. Emerton - a few years back he was superb as a RB. Whilst I think he would do well in that position again, we don't have the depth in midfield to play him in the back four. Chimbonda's best position is RB so I'll put him here.

DC: Samba....obviously

DC: Givet

Too slow to be a left back and Samba and Givet are our centre half pairing of the future so why not start now? Nelsen is probably past his best but will Sam leave his captain out? Probably depends on what went on in the dressing room at city and who the bust ups were with but I think Nelsen is probably on Sam's side. Nelsen will start, but this is my team, not Sam's and I'm putting Givet in!

LB: Olsson

I have no confidence in this guy's defending, but with Jacobsen out and Chimbonda at right back, Givet too slow for this position he's the only one left! Oh to still have Stephen Warnock! He did ok in the second half against Villa so he gets another shot.

RM: Emerton

Not the most creative of players but he doesnt half work hard and he will track back and allow Chimbonda to overlap. Fulham have a decent midfield so we need workhorses in here rather than players who have pace but little else like hoilett. Salgado a possibility but I personally think he's a poor man's Emerton.

Central Midfielders: Nzonzi and Dunn

So many combinations are out there but we have to go with these. Nzonzi could do with a rest. Dunn will tire, but the other options are Reid (short of form and fitness), Andrews (short on talent), Salgado (out of position). Dunn will need to be told to hold his forward runs for the first half to make sure we have two solid banks of four and don't let in any early goals. If we sneak a lead by half time keep him in a relative holding role, free him up if we need a goal. Nzonzi and Dunn it is.

LM: Pedersen

Lacking in confidence like never before. Give him instructions to mix up his throw ins so they aren't all long. Fulham will be expecting it lobbed into the box so mix it up! Let him play a relatively reserved attacking role as he will need to cover for Olsson and with two strikers up front he won't have to bomb forward all the time. Mix the set piece takers as a whole to take some of the pressure off the lad.

Strikers: Di Santo and Kalinic

It is rapidly becoming clear that these two are the way forwards. Kalinic is bright and needs a run in the side. The goals are coming and once some more go in, he'll be our best forward. Di Santo never looks like scoring but with Kalinic's creativity these two could link well and Di Santo can hold the ball up well. McCarthy is not interested anymore and although I think he's clearly the best finisher we have, we can't carry him from the start. Second half sub probably. Roberts....don't make me laugh.

Subs:

Brown

Hoilett: to provide pace injection or to rest others' legs

Nelsen

Reid: may need a solid midfielder and he needs match practice. Historically a much better footballer than Andrews.

McCarthy: can always come up with a goal.

Tactics. Pass the ball to each other! Robinson to mix up his hoofing with throws to the full backs/wingers. Mix up the set pieces, Emerton and Pederson to play slightly narrower if Fulham's midfield become dominiant. Paramount importance is to keep it tight for the first 30 minutes and see how we go from there.

Sam....over to you.

Up until last night I believed that Sam would be gone if results were poor over the next 2 games, don't believe that anymore (can't say why as it could potentially get someone in trouble). Sam is here to stay, time to get behind him and the team.

Well if that's the case, we'd better get ready for the Championship.

My main issue with playing Givet at left back is it makes the whole left side of our defence very susceptible to pace. Nelsen is slowing down and Givet he's a bit quicker than Ryan but not by much. Most teams either have pace out wide or up front Fulham have Kamara and Johnson at present and Beasley's no slouch. But thankfully none of them are exactly technically gifted, more knock it and run type players, so I'd be more hopeful that Olsson could match them and defend well. But the bonus with having Olsson is that Ryan can be dropped and Givet and Samba can play together at the heart of our defence.

Also Olsson's just come on and done well against his demons of the past, pace and quick feet. I imagine he's feeling quite good about himself. I think most would agree if he could step up just a bit more he could make a good left back. So whilst he's feeling on a high (footballing high) I'd keep him in the team and see if he can.

Pedersen I would play he will track back, ableit fairy like tracking but tracking none the less. He and Olsson managed to work one or two good openings last night it was just that Gamst was lacking in delivery and thinking at times. Pedersen for all his inconsistencies has had a couple of good moments recently and he's even scored a goal (we need someone in the team who remembers what its like). Dioufs suspended I assume and Olsson there means Nelsen back in defence and he's just not with it at present (probably suffering shell-shock from all the constant bombardment of our goal), but also he has a left foot and is capable of putting in a good cross, who knows if we had both Di Santo and Kalinic up there he might do a bit better with his accuracy.

I also worry about playing a midfield with so many in-experienced heads in N'zonzi, Hoillet and Olsson so thats why Gamst should play.

Robinson

Jacobsen - Nelsen - Givet - Chimbonda

Emerton - Dunn - Nzonzi - Hoilett

Di Santo - Kalinic

--------------------------------------

It's about time we dropped Samba. I think he's been quite lucky in avoiding criticism, but against Villa he was all over the place and constantly let us down with his woeful distribution. I'd also finally give Di Santo & Kalinic their time to shine together.

It's amazing how many different line-ups we all post, no wonder so many people disagree on match day! Personally I'd go with:

................. Robinson

Chimbonda Samba Givet Olsson

Hoilett Emerton N'Zonzi Pedersen

.............. Dunn Kalinic

Get the full backs to overlap (like second half against Villa) and make sure Hoilett and Pedersen support the front two, because obviously Dunn plays in the hole.

As fans we have to get behind the team, I found that unbelievably some fans weren't to gutted that we lost last night as they thought that would help get rid of Sam. Up until last night I believed that Sam would be gone if results were poor over the next 2 games, don't believe that anymore (can't say why as it could potentially get someone in trouble). Sam is here to stay, time to get behind him and the team.

Worrying as you do seem to have the inside track on some Rovers related things.

Surely we can't back him if we consistently lose.

Didn't Kalinics header that hit the post come from a short, quick corner last night? MGPs wanky corners don't work.

Nope, but close enough. Pedersen took a short throw, one-two with Olsson and then crossed it for Kalinic.

Archived