BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Sympathetic reaction to the disgusting booing imo. I'm not sure that this poll will be accurate cos of that. I'd never boo and I deplore the numpty's that do so. I have much sympathy for him. BUT in a cold hard decision anybody can see that he is not good enough for the prem and if we are to improve we have to lose the weaker players and replace them with stronger more talented ones.

And which others "aren't good enough for the Prem"?? Dare I say 40% of our squad?

To put it another way, which of our current squad would you keep as a "must have" in order to have a hope of winning the Prem? Or even top four?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble with Andrews is that he is fit, as in - never injured, as in - always available for selection. It's a recurring problem for Sam. Do I pick Dunny? - no injured this week. Do I pick Grella? - no he's injured too. What about Reidy? - can I risk a man whose only played two premiership games in over a season and a half. Emerton must be available this week? - sorry another injury. Who's left then that I can play mmm........

Thats why we need to get rid - then we dont have that problem. Id rather see Samba, Salgado, even Di Santo play in the middle before Andrews. At least they would stick a challenge in.

BUT in a cold hard decision anybody can see that he is not good enough for the prem and if we are to improve we have to lose the weaker players and replace them with stronger more talented ones.

Spot on

I too am shocked that 42 people have backed him....Although quite a few of them never post on here, so im wondering if they are fans of other clubs?!

And which others "aren't good enough for the Prem"?? Dare I say 40% of our squad?

To put it another way, which of our current squad would you keep as a "must have" in order to have a hope of winning the Prem? Or even top four?

We are talking about good enough for a premier league squad - not good enough for top of the league :lol:

Most of our players are good enough for the prem. We just have a couple who are ageing/ losing focus & we have some stale players that need to move for both us & them.

The trouble with Andrews is that he is fit, as in - never injured, as in - always available for selection. It's a recurring problem for Sam. Do I pick Dunny? - no injured this week. Do I pick Grella? - no he's injured too. What about Reidy? - can I risk a man whose only played two premiership games in over a season and a half. Emerton must be available this week? - sorry another injury. Who's left then that I can play mmm........

Andrews keeps fit because he always shirks a tackle and the game passes him by. Booing him is OTT but (like Mokoena was) is a great impersonator of a footballer!

It was better yesterday. For the first time in ages I saw a central midfield player tackling the opposition - it seems a strange concept in our current midfield - but at least Reid got stuck in.

I will agree with anyone that says Reid isn't Glenn Hoddle - but when fully fit he is one of the most effective midfield players we have - and I am sure lots of other clubs would welcome a fully fit Reid (I know it is rare).

Another thing that impressed me - both Reid and Olsson running back 30-40 yds to catch up with opposition players. No real chance of catching them - but in both cases made the opposition rush their passes. It is that type of commitment that we have been sadly lacking of late.

N'Zonzi tackles surely?

I too am shocked that 42 people have backed him....Although quite a few of them never post on here, so im wondering if they are fans of other clubs?!

Perhaps you should be allowed to vote 42 times, being as that's the number of times you post on here every day?

I'm sure, as theno said, a lot of the votes are out of sympathy, people being contrary, and others on a wind-up. There will be a small % who think Andrews qualifies as a squad player, but I'd rather someone who brought something to the side apart from headless running and finger waving.

I've only voted to get rid becasue it's the only way he'll ever get accepted by any fans. There are some Rovers fans who will never accept him no matter what he does.

Indeed there are. Maybe his cheering section should get bigger and it may make the booing morons change their minds?

For his own sake, Andrews needs to leave the club sooner rather than later because he will never be accepted by Rovers fans who know a poor player when they see one.

20,000 plus experts can't be wrong.

There's only one "expert" down at Ewood jim and it seems he doesn't agree with the other 20,000.

I know the booing isn't pleasant, but does it need to be said ad infinitum? It's not like anyone's threatened his life.... yet. :rolleyes:

If anyone needs to be booed, it's the "expert" surely? He picks the team.

Samba, Chimbonda, Hoillet and Benny could all be in the squad and some could even warm the bench regularly.

Rest assured though bazza if we had any players capable of making a top four squad the thats exactly where they'd be.

A couple of mates up in Scotland seem to believe Celtic are interested in him as a replacement for Barry Robson............I hope this is true.

Good I really hope they are..........thank god 'chick with a d!ck' stayed on the bench tonight........also looks like Salgado & Reid are now ahead of him in the centre midfield ranks, and so too should MGP after tonight.

So now before Andrews we have Reid, Dunn, Emerton, NZonzi, Grella, Salgado & MGP.

Time for him/ her to go & clear some space on the wage bill!

you're absolutely obsessed mate...one of the most gut wrenching losses in recent memory and you use it as an opportunity to slate and denigrate one of our own..truly pathetic

Im simply saying he is now clearly behind Salgado, Reid & MGP now after this last week.......there is no need for him at this club

i think that andrews has been fairly important to the squad upto now, mainly because he can stay fit. Never really rated him as a player, but having someone that can manage to play week in week out is vital, especially having Grella and Dunn as injury prone as they are. But now Reid is back, and MGP looked decent in the middle tonight, I think it could be time to get rid. Take 1m to get him down to his level in the Championship.

i think that andrews has been fairly important to the squad upto now, mainly because he can stay fit. Never really rated him as a player, but having someone that can manage to play week in week out is vital, especially having Grella and Dunn as injury prone as they are. But now Reid is back, and MGP looked decent in the middle tonight, I think it could be time to get rid. Take 1m to get him down to his level in the Championship.

I'm sure we would take £1m, but who the hell is going to pay it???

Archived