[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to play Judge or Doran instead.

If they're not ready now, they never will be.

Our midfield is so poor now, I want Alan Judge back from Plymouth a.s.a.p. and give him an extended run in the side.

To be fair, we'd probably have been even worse were he (Andrews) playing.

Watching the Villa game on Thursday night, every time a Rovers player did something horribly wrong (and this happened a lot), I thought it's a good job the player wasn't Keith Andrews otherwise the boos would be ringing round the ground. If KA had played instead of MGP would he have been doubly booed?

Time we backed every player in the Rovers' blue and white halves; or are most of you posters clarrots in disguise?

*****whispers quietly******* joey barton?

No. Shout it, Abbey. Best suggestion for a while. Bring him on.

Bazza, I was only having a little joke.

I thought the boos for Pedersen were really out of order, although I could totally understand the fans booing the team off at half time.

I'd never boo Andrews, likewise Pedersen. I don't boo Warnock, nor do I any of our ex players. I'll always support Andrews while he's our player. Doesn't change the fact that he's a poor, poor player and that I would be extremely happy were he to leave the club.

Bazza, I was only having a little joke.

I thought the boos for Pedersen were really out of order, although I could totally understand the fans booing the team off at half time.

I'd never boo Andrews, likewise Pedersen. I don't boo Warnock, nor do I any of our ex players. I'll always support Andrews while he's our player. Doesn't change the fact that he's a poor, poor player and that I would be extremely happy were he to leave the club.

I personally wouldn't boo a player, I can see why some do though. Take Pedersen for instance, playing pretty rubbish for 3 seasons then suddenly shows a bit of spark again when his contract is running out and is looking for a new club.

8 goals from midfield last season in the prem in his 1st season but awful??

Felliani played upp front many times last season, he plays much deeper now. Last season had the Cahill role for most part of the season. 8 goals from an attacker is hardly impressive? Looking much better inn CM than attacker though, brilliant against City yesterday.

thought the booing today of andrews was disgusting , whoever they were should be ashamed of themselves , everybody has an opinion of andrews and nearly everyone agrees , he's not up to it(myself included) , but to boo the boy has he comes onto the pitch is diabolical

thought the booing today of andrews was disgusting , whoever they were should be ashamed of themselves , everybody has an opinion of andrews and nearly everyone agrees , he's not up to it(myself included) , but to boo the boy has he comes onto the pitch is diabolical

Sounded like half of the stadium booed him. I wasnt one of them - however I didnt clap his entrance either!

Andrews isn't good enough but I completely agree that booing any Rovers player as they come onto the pitch is out of order. We are a team that is low on confidence as it is and booing does not just effect the player targeted but the rest of the lads. I thought he did what he had to quite well when he came on.

Sounded like half of the stadium booed him. I wasnt one of them - however I didnt clap his entrance either!

neither did i, but i feel booing players is just counter-productive

I think it's disgusting when fans boo a player on their own side who hasn't personally done anything wrong. We all know that he isn't a premiership star but he gives his all each game and it looks like he's got a great attitude. Sometimes I wish other players had his attitude and get on with things instead of moaning and looking like they just want to pick up their big pay cheque.

thought the booing today of andrews was disgusting , whoever the were should be ashamed of themselves , everybody has an opinion of andrews and nearly everyone sgrees , he's not up to it(myself included) , but to boo the boy has he comes onto the pitch is diabolical

Totally agree,the supposed Rovers `fans` who booed Andrews today should hang their heads in shame. :angry2:

Andrews will never be good enough at this level,we all know and accept that.However it is not his fault he was signed by a manager who was out of his depth.Andrews is no world beater but nobody can accuse him of not trying his best and putting a shift in for the team.With all his shortcomings he needs as much help as possible and booing him will not help his confidence one bit.

I don`t know about any other Rovers fan,but i don`t support any particular player,manager or anybody at board level.I support Blackburn Rovers as a team and as a club.Players,managers and owners come and go but Rovers WILL always remain the same and it is about time ALL of our fans supported the club,especially when the club needs it the most.

I think it's disgusting when fans boo a player on their own side who hasn't personally done anything wrong. We all know that he isn't a premiership star but he gives his all each game and it looks like he's got a great attitude. Sometimes I wish other players had his attitude and get on with things instead of moaning and looking like they just want to pick up their big pay cheque.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Its disgraceful booing your own player but to boo him even before he's kicked a ball was unbeleivable - I was in shock!

The thing is, if Andrews gets booed like that, what do people expect him to do other than play safe, backwards and sidewides passes that don't really achieve much. The lad must've been upset at hearing that, makes him a mockery when he's far less of a mess than MGP.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Its disgraceful booing your own player but to boo him even before he's kicked a ball was unbeleivable - I was in shock!

I wouldent say that i was shocked! if you dont win in 9 games you can expect fans to be getting on players backs. Andrews as we all know is not good enough for this league, but i could look over his technical ability if he worked hard and put in tackles in midfield, but he dosent he just points his finger! im not condoning(sp) booing you own player, but if i was at work and was as bad as he can be im sure i would be told quite abruptly that i needed to do something about it, and im sorry andrews just dosent, he still never puts in and tackles and continues to point at other people. so although it is not good to boo your own players, FANS who pay their money i suppose have a right to portray their views! and saying "supposed" fans just because you dont agree with what you say is also wrong, they pay just as much as you do to go and see OUR team. but i dont think we should let this inncident get in the way of a decent performance today a clean sheet and 2 goals!

It turned into a bit of a joke for a short while when Andrews was introduced today. Boos and jeers for the pantomime villain's entry and his first act (a pass - backwards) heckled. If he was playing for anyone else but Rovers, I'd laugh.

It's not entirely his fault though. His entrance was part of Sam's tactic of trying to kill the game. Such a shame that Sam saw fit to do this with about 20 minutes left. I reckon we could have got a third, and further improved our ailing goal difference - but admittedly 3 point are the most important thing.

Or maybe Reidy was a bit tired. I didn't think it was a tactical move as the formation/mentality didn't really change.

From what I saw, Benni seemed to drop back into left midfield. But I'm no expert. :P

It's not entirely his fault though. His entrance was part of Sam's tactic of trying to kill the game. Such a shame that Sam saw fit to do this with about 20 minutes left. I reckon we could have got a third, and further improved our ailing goal difference - but admittedly 3 point are the most important thing.

Sam said afterwards on the Salgado substitution, that it was not about us getting the 3rd goal, it was about them not scoring.

Maybe Keith can use his predicament as some sort of motivation then.

He has been nothing but a journeyman footballeer, failing at the highest levels. Playing for Rovers, the biggest club he hqas been at, has highlighted his failings.

I am not going to go on because it is so clearly obvious to those who have played/watched football for years.

If I was KA and listened to what went on I would shape up or ship out.

I am willing to help him and Burnley out. I will drive him down the m65 and drop him off.

I think that's fair enough, people don't have to go overboard and show blind support for everyone by giving them huge ovations when they've been poor in the past but booing players as they come on is ridiculous, as I just said in the Fulham thread it's hardly going to encourage him is it which is only going to hurt the team that he's playing in which last time I checked was Rovers....... unfortunately ;)

There were a number of booers for the arrival of Andrews but a sudden cheer started as if there was a number of fans who didn't like it and decided to cheer his arrival instead. It'll be interesting to see if that happens again. Certainly, there were a lot of people unhappy at the booing.

Archived