BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

I see two points here, first, we shouldnt be booing our own players, I groaned when he came on but didnt boo, his contribution was, well, dont really recall him doing anything, Sam picks him, thats not his fault, what is his fault is the continual pointing and telling others what to do when he cant do it himself, infuriated me as a player and even more watching him, he runs in straight lines too, if he is closing a player down, its straight lines, anyone who plays or has played will tell you that a curved run will take yopu the right side of your man, that can be coached but like the fella who bought him, he probably ignores anything to do with coaching!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a number of booers for the arrival of Andrews but a sudden cheer started as if there was a number of fans who didn't like it and decided to cheer his arrival instead. It'll be interesting to see if that happens again. Certainly, there were a lot of people unhappy at the booing.

A good point raised there Ivan, I and many others tried our best to drown out the boo boys.

I can not comprehend how so called fans feel it acceptable to boo our own players. If thats the way they feel towards our squad members they may as well start going to the dingledome.

Several boo boys seated near me are the same people who were singing benni's name, this is a player who has no feeling towards the club and has been a distruptive figure at our club for a while now. Whilst I'm all for backing our lads and I'm well aware benni had a decent game, why should fat benni be treat as a hero when he's not prepered to get his fitness levels up on par with the rest of the squad and a lad who gives 110% and stay's fit gets booed.

A good point raised there Ivan, I and many others tried our best to drown out the boo boys.

I can not comprehend how so called fans(*1) feel it acceptable to boo our own players. If thats the way they feel towards our squad members they may as well start going to the dingledome.

Several boo boys seated near me are the same people who were singing benni's name, this is a player who has no feeling towards the club and has been a distruptive figure at our club for a while now. Whilst I'm all for backing our lads and I'm well aware benni had a decent game, why should fat benni(2) be treat as a hero when he's not prepered to get his fitness levels up on par with the rest of the squad and a lad who gives 110%(3) and stay's fit gets booed.

*(1) stop calling them "so called fans"!!! imo its worst just to cheer every player for the sake of it, that way you are just burying your head in sand!, but maybe more constructive critism would be better, but how can fans do that when they dont go in the dressing room???

*(2) thats not very nice is it, remember we support all are players....right? your just fattist!

*(3) i beg to differ, he strols around the pitch pointing thats it.

There were a number of booers for the arrival of Andrews but a sudden cheer started as if there was a number of fans who didn't like it and decided to cheer his arrival instead. It'll be interesting to see if that happens again. Certainly, there were a lot of people unhappy at the booing.

I was one of them. I make a point of never booing my own players, unless at half-time or full-time. But before a ball is kicked??? Beggars belief!!!

Sounded like half of the stadium booed him. I wasnt one of them - however I didnt clap his entrance either!

More like half the Blackburn End actually. So it doesn't really count for much does it? Pathetic stuff that could have no possible benefit on Andrews, the team or the result whatsoever.

There's so many idiots go to the Rovers these days that I'm not surprised at the reaction to Andrews coming on. It was pathetic. It doesn't matter that he's not really up to prem first team standards, he's a hard working honest professional and he plays for us and doesn't deserve the reaction he gets.

*(1) stop calling them "so called fans"!!! imo its worst just to cheer every player for the sake of it, that way you are just burying your head in sand!, but maybe more constructive critism would be better, but how can fans do that when they dont go in the dressing room???

*(2) thats not very nice is it, remember we support all are players....right? your just fattist!

*(3) i beg to differ, he strols around the pitch pointing thats it.

1. My understanding of being a fan is to SUPPORT the team.

2. I can not be fattist with a gut like mine.

3. Keith would be more suited to laying tarmac but sadly he is in our squad and somehow is continually selected, lay off him. The old chant of 'you don't know what your doind' towards Sam would be more constructive than booing.

1. My understanding of being a fan is to SUPPORT the team.

2. I can not be fattist with a gut like mine.

3. Keith would be more suited to laying tarmac but sadly he is in our squad and somehow is continually selected, lay off him. The old chant of 'you don't know what your doind' towards Sam would be more constructive than booing.

fattist and racist ^_^ but i do pretty much agree with you, and i think that andrews has moved down the pecking order in recent weeks, and rightly so. and if allardyce has asked for some money and it is granted the first place is CM and even allardyce realises that im sure, so that would basically be the end of andrews!

It's very sad.

He was used perfectly today. To provide energy at the end of the game and replace someone who had no energy left

That is how he should be used. It's a squad game.

im looking like a bit of an andrews basher but o well.... when he came on today what did he actually do?? because we couldent get the ball out of our half for the first 10 mins he came on! and as rafa would say "THATS A FACT"

fattist and racist ^_^ but i do pretty much agree with you, and i think that andrews has moved down the pecking order in recent weeks, and rightly so. and if allardyce has asked for some money and it is granted the first place is CM and even allardyce realises that im sure, so that would basically be the end of andrews!

Sam made the right decision in fielding Reid ahead of Keith today and in my opinion, after a slow start, Reid did himself no harm in his display. If we can keep him fit he can keep Keith in the stand never mind on the bench!

I'm not into all this booing and laying into Andrews, but the next time I want to see him on the pitch with the rest of the team is after the final home game of the season saying his goodbyes!

Since when do we boo our own players when they come on the pitch? <_<

Ok he isnt the greatest player in the world, but his still our player. Booing him will only reduce his effort levels. And people wonder why players show no loyalty

I dont advocate booing players either, as for loyalty, players like all of us show loyalty to their families, to earn as much as they can where they can, there cant be loyalty, its a job!!

Admittedly it was a bit skewed that the Rovers fans were cheering an opponent's player (Duff) and booing their own (Ugly Keith). Even so, I had to laugh. True to form Keith made no positive contribution whatsoever and I dont agree that he helped to close the game off because that attributes him with some worth. And I really dont get people who are upset at booing an unpopular substitution. Probably the same people who used to defend Ince with their 'support the club no matter what' line of crap argument. Thank goodness Reid came through the 70 minutes well enough to suggest Keith is now further down the midfield pecking order.

Maybe Keith can use his predicament as some sort of motivation then.

He has been nothing but a journeyman footballeer, failing at the highest levels. Playing for Rovers, the biggest club he hqas been at, has highlighted his failings.

I am not going to go on because it is so clearly obvious to those who have played/watched football for years.

Who's that then; Sam Allardyce? Giovanni Trappatoni? Roy Hodgson? Every football journalist / commentator?

It's funny because you'd think if it was so "clearly obvious", then some of those would pick up on it too - but they don't. Weird eh!

Take Trappatoni for instance; most successful manager ever in Serie A, won all UEFA club competitions and the Intercontinental Cup as a manager (as well as wining the league at Benfica). Surely you'd think he'd know football. Funny thing is he consistently choose Keith Andrews over Darron Gibson at Man U and Andy Reid at Sunderland. Why oh why can't he just see the "clearly obvious"? It just doesn't make any sense.

Also why isn't Andrews slated, in any report in any newspaper, ever? Every single week, no-one ever seems to pick up on the clearly obvious - it's just super strange isn't it. Andrews has had man of the match write-ups playing for us from journalists / former players, he was even shortlised as our player of the season in one paper last year - how can these people not see the "clearly obvious"?

Whether you like it or not (and I'm guessing it's not) the only people it's "clearly obvious" to are the same people who have been bleating that Andrews wasn't good enough before he even kicked a ball for us - people whose only experience of football is a kick about on the park and watching a professional game, half cut, every couple of weeks - the same people who think it's a good idea to boo their own players. Whereas all the people who actually are involved in the game (be it managers, former players, journalists); not only can they not see the "clearly obvious", they think the complete opposite!

But, please enlighten me, why are these people not spotting the "clearly obvious"? Let me guess – none of them know football but you do :lol:

Who's that then; Sam Allardyce? Giovanni Trappatoni? Roy Hodgson? Every football journalist / commentator?

It's funny because you'd think if it was so "clearly obvious", then some of those would pick up on it too - but they don't. Weird eh!

Take Trappatoni for instance; most successful manager ever in Serie A, won all UEFA club competitions and the Intercontinental Cup as a manager (as well as wining the league at Benfica). Surely you'd think he'd know football. Funny thing is he consistently choose Keith Andrews over Darron Gibson at Man U and Andy Reid at Sunderland. Why oh why can't he just see the "clearly obvious"? It just doesn't make any sense.

Also why isn't Andrews slated, in any report in any newspaper, ever? Every single week, no-one ever seems to pick up on the clearly obvious - it's just super strange isn't it. Andrews has had man of the match write-ups playing for us from journalists / former players, he was even shortlised as our player of the season in one paper last year - how can these people not see the "clearly obvious"?

Whether you like it or not (and I'm guessing it's not) the only people it's "clearly obvious" to are the same people who have been bleating that Andrews wasn't good enough before he even kicked a ball for us - people whose only experience of football is a kick about on the park and watching a professional game, half cut, every couple of weeks - the same people who think it's a good idea to boo their own players. Whereas all the people who actually are involved in the game (be it managers, former players, journalists); not only can they not see the "clearly obvious", they think the complete opposite!

But, please enlighten me, why are these people not spotting the "clearly obvious"? Let me guess – none of them know football but you do :lol:

Just lets suppose you are correct in your assessment of Andrews, would you with your knowledge of football please let us have your views on Andrews abilities, ie, passing, pace, heading ability, vision, shooting, tackling and positional play, for as you say for all these accolades you have acclaimed and as an international midfielder, these should be in an abundance? I and others would be seriously interested in your comments and, please dont forget, he is dropping well down the pecking order under Sam now and with two more midfielders on their way, there must be a reason for this!!

Since when do we boo our own players when they come on the pitch? <_<

Ok he isnt the greatest player in the world, but his still our player. Booing him will only reduce his effort levels. And people wonder why players show no loyalty

Absolutely right. To boo any Rovers player is disgusting.

Okay, 99% of fans don't like Andrews and that's fine. But to openly boo him like yesterday just goes to show how moronic some 'fans' can be.

It's totally unproductive and isn't going to change anything.

Some 'fans' need to think before they open their mouths and show a bit of responsibility.

Archived