BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

I am embarassed by our own fans who start boing our own player.

I am sitting at home watching the game on telly and you got to feel sorry for this lad. It isnt his fault that he was bought and is still getting picked in our team. He does his best and mostly 100% commitment. Its a disgrace how some of the supporters act and it will not help his confidence and play when people are booing him when he comes on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's that then; Sam Allardyce? Giovanni Trappatoni? Roy Hodgson? Every football journalist / commentator?

It's funny because you'd think if it was so "clearly obvious", then some of those would pick up on it too - but they don't. Weird eh!

Take Trappatoni for instance; most successful manager ever in Serie A, won all UEFA club competitions and the Intercontinental Cup as a manager (as well as wining the league at Benfica). Surely you'd think he'd know football. Funny thing is he consistently choose Keith Andrews over Darron Gibson at Man U and Andy Reid at Sunderland. Why oh why can't he just see the "clearly obvious"? It just doesn't make any sense.

This is the same strawman argument you always use when defending Andrews. You are somehow under the illusion that experienced managers have impeccable judgement. Sam Allardyce? That isn't the same Sam Allardyce who's under considerable pressure at Rovers, despite his previous success with Bolton? Roy Hodgson? Not the same Roy Hodgson who paid over £17m for Christian Dailly, Kevin Davies and Nathan Blake? Until you address this point, you're simply going around in circles.

If the club dont get rid of Andrews, then for every person booing this is a potential empty seat come next season.

Anyone defending Andrews for me, should go and support another football club ! :tu:

That also applies to anyone selecting Andrews they should also go and work for another football club.

I'm astonished at this board sometimes, everyone seems to be very angry with the boo boys, yet large sections of the crowd booed him yesterday.

Surely, somebody on here booed him yesterday!

Please would you reveal yourself and your reasons for doing so.

Also JAL, I support any one wearing the blue and white, yet according to you for doing this I should go and find another club? That makes sense.

decent player. always tries his hardest (except for maybe when micah richards sauntered through and he gave up). makes mistakes here and there but so does everyone.

keep him as a squad player and stop booing him. he isn't as bad as pedersen.

andrews is a decent squad player and that's it. i vote to keep him but not with the intention of him starting games or even being close to our starting 11.

Thats a damaging assessment to Blackburn Rovers footbal club and its capabilty to win premier league football matches in the near future.

Looking at the voting poll it looks like we have nine numpties backing Keef.

12 so far.......

LeftWinger , Darth Paul , Tris , jonv , Jackson , only2garners , rog of the rovers , ricsi-pontaz , eire3382 , Flatback , braddock , Ewood Spark

Seeing Andrews entering the pitch just puts a big downer on the fans....yesterday he was warming up for a good 10 minutes and everyone around us was saying how they hoped he would go and sit back down & that sam would change his mind.

We would of been better playing Di Santo in midfield than him - at least he puts a shift in & gets a tackle or two in.

i personally think andrews is useless - still wouldnt boo him tho

whenever i see him near the field i cringe - its embarrasing watching him - he runs around doing nothing, tries to pass like gerrard - sooner we get rid the better....surely theres a good cheap championship midfield who would be miles better as a squad player then andrews ...

i personally think andrews is useless - still wouldnt boo him tho

whenever i see him near the field i cringe - its embarrasing watching him - he runs around doing nothing, tries to pass like gerrard - sooner we get rid the better....surely theres a good cheap championship midfield who would be miles better as a squad player then andrews ...

That's what Andrews is. a decent Championship midfielder would not be cheap.

Also JAL, I support any one wearing the blue and white, yet according to you for doing this I should go and find another club? That makes sense.

We've had 18 long months to watch what Keef brings to the table, and its total sum is nothing.

It took me by suprise sitting in the Riverside the amount of booing when Andrews name was mentioned. It was very strong, which for me sends out a clear message to the mangement team how these supporters feel towards this player.

The booing was that loud in the riverside I couldnt hear if there was any booing in other parts of the gound.

andrews is a decent squad player and that's it. i vote to keep him but not with the intention of him starting games or even being close to our starting 11.

Astonishing.

Keep him, but don't play him. ;)

Do I assume that's the position of everyone who votes to keep him?

Andrew's should be kept and used for a fresh pair of legs in the last ten mintues when we are winning comfortably.

He may have done this perfectly well yesterday should he not have been booed by a section of w@nker$.

Should the manager unlikely now find a pot of gold, then yes, I would replace. But until then, we don't have the luxury to lavish funds on an impact sub.

Is there actually any point in everyone saying "get rid". The fact is, the lad recently signed a long term contract and nobody at present within the PL seems overtly keen on buying him. Given the fact that he will be on a reasonable salary, it is unlikely that a lower league club would come in, either. Therefore, the lad is here to stay and personally, I can't really be doing with years of this constant bickering like a bunch of women. Of course we'd all like better, but personally, I'd spend any funds on a first team regular and keep Andrews to be used sparingly.

Thats a damaging assessment to Blackburn Rovers footbal club and its capabilty to win premier league football matches in the near future.

The reason he gets played is because our midfield is full of crocks. There is no definite sign that we have any funds to bring in a midfielder despite being linked with various possibilities. So to get rid of a pair of legs that can at least stay fit would be ludicrous. People have bought up the fact that last term he scored some important goals, but that was last season and yes this is all about now - but right now who else do we have? We have players returning from long term injuries, Emerton, Reid and Grella who will no doubt string all of 60 minutes of a game together.

He isn't quality and yes I groan when he is introduced; but it's the stark reality at Ewood at the moment.. unless somebody bid 1.5-2mil and we use the money for Merium etc there is no point ridding of him.

Archived