Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To improve both the team and the squad we simply have to get rid....but we must also ensure the funds received are invested in the team rather than the bank overdraft. Souness did it, Hughes did it, any deadwood has to go. We've been doing our utmost to sell our crown jewells over the last few seasons. If we continue to do that and keep the deadwood, there is only one place we'll end up.

To improve both the team and the squad we simply have to get rid....but we must also ensure the funds received are invested in the team rather than the bank overdraft. Souness did it, Hughes did it, any deadwood has to go. We've been doing our utmost to sell our crown jewells over the last few seasons. If we continue to do that and keep the deadwood, there is only one place we'll end up.

Spot on Clayton.

Andrews, Diouf, Roberts, Brown & Zurab could all go tomorrow and I dont think we would miss them - however we would be £120k + a week better off!

At the end of the day this booing sends out a message to board and manager to invest in a new central midfielder before February or run the risk of losing their support in future. Thats the way I see it.

Booing just sends out the wrong message to the players and the media and causes friction between sections of supporters. 2-0 up and the fans start booing because the manager has put on fresh legs. Ridiculous.

If you want to be constructive join the Fans Forum or request that it is brought up in the next meeting. Or you could write to the club to express your views.

Booing is the worse thing anyone can do, we struggle for support as it is without the mindless idiots creating a negative atmosphere. Just keep quiet and don't support him if you don't like him.

How on earth do we get rid of Keith anyway? There is a poll on this thread 'deciding' whether to keep or get rid of Keith. So when the results are in we will magically find a buyer for a sub-standard midfielder and we'll replace him with somebody better. It's that easy isn't it.

You have placed your votes and the club could possibly take note of the outcome, so now will you please stop the booing?

Spot on Clayton.

Andrews, Diouf, Roberts, Brown & Zurab could all go tomorrow and I dont think we would miss them - however we would be £120k + a week better off!

I'm 100% with you there mate, however I just can't see us finding buyers for any of them. We could offer them all to Newcastle???

Spot on Clayton.

Whilst I agree with you most of the time, Hughesy, please advise on how to "get rid" of the poor players you name regularly on your shortlists.

These players are on contracts and with tumbleweeds currently piling up at the Rovers player sales desks, how would we "get rid".

Unless you know someone with a large gun, may I suggest the replacement of "get rid" with "do not re-sign".

Not intended, although the Blackburn End does house our best and worst fans.

Your right, it's like chalk and cheese in some area's. Luckily our group who have sat together for what seems like forever are all pretty decent, apart from bob flemmig of course :wacko: , but only a few seats away are some right idiots! There are several boo boys around us but none of our lot joined in, even though we don't think too highly of Keith we still cheered to drown out the boo boy's (& girls).

Yesterdays booing was utterly disgraceful. I was embarrassed to be in the same stadium as the numptys who booed Keith.

Anyway, here is the sun's take on yesterdays performances........

BLACKBURN: Robinson 5, Chimbonda 5, Samba 7, Nelsen 6, Givet 6 (Hoilett 5), Emerton 5 (Salgado 6), Nzonzi 5, Reid 6 (Andrews 6), Olsson 5, Kalinic 4, McCarthy 8. Subs not used: Brown, Di Santo, Dunn, Rigters. Booked: Samba.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2811717/Blackburn-2-Fulham-0.html#ixzz0cy7UjFVz

I'm more inclined to boo McCarthy's work rate. At least Andrews' limitations are not his own fault.

Credit where credit is due, he did well on Saturday and I feel he earned a start up front with Kalinic vrs Villa. However in general I do agree. It was comical to see that at least a section of the boo boys near us were the same halfwits who have been constantly singing benni's name whenever things go wrong as if he is our saviour or a legend! Benni is doing his utmost to manufacture a move away from our club and by the sounds of it anywhere will do. Boo Andrews and praise Benni. I can't get my head round it.

Yesterdays booing was utterly disgraceful. I was embarrassed to be in the same stadium as the numptys who booed Keith.

Anyway, here is the sun's take on yesterdays performances........

BLACKBURN: Robinson 5, Chimbonda 5, Samba 7, Nelsen 6, Givet 6 (Hoilett 5), Emerton 5 (Salgado 6), Nzonzi 5, Reid 6 (Andrews 6), Olsson 5, Kalinic 4, McCarthy 8. Subs not used: Brown, Di Santo, Dunn, Rigters. Booked: Samba.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2811717/Blackburn-2-Fulham-0.html#ixzz0cy7UjFVz

WTF?

12 so far.......

LeftWinger , Darth Paul , Tris , jonv , Jackson , only2garners , rog of the rovers , ricsi-pontaz , eire3382 , Flatback , braddock , Ewood Spark

Seeing Andrews entering the pitch just puts a big downer on the fans....yesterday he was warming up for a good 10 minutes and everyone around us was saying how they hoped he would go and sit back down & that sam would change his mind.

We would of been better playing Di Santo in midfield than him - at least he puts a shift in & gets a tackle or two in.

:rover: not as much as a downer as seeing lardarse in the stands :blush::brfc:

I'm more inclined to boo McCarthy's work rate. At least Andrews' limitations are not his own fault.

At least Benni knows what to do with the ball and will challenge for a ball - Andrews doesnt even do that!

As for the sun - if you ever need a reminder why you shouldnt buy it - there is it, Kalinic 4/10 for yesterday and according to them our worst player!! :lol:

Whilst I agree with you most of the time, Hughesy, please advise on how to "get rid" of the poor players you name regularly on your shortlists.

These players are on contracts and with tumbleweeds currently piling up at the Rovers player sales desks, how would we "get rid".

Unless you know someone with a large gun, may I suggest the replacement of "get rid" with "do not re-sign".

I was simply stating those that fit into the 'deadwood' category.

As for how - simple offer them out on a freebie & most would have people interested. Roberts & Andrews we could get a fee for - maybe not much, but if we offered them out for cheap enough (Say £2m each) then both would get snapped up.

I was simply stating those that fit into the 'deadwood' category.

As for how - simple offer them out on a freebie & most would have people interested. Roberts & Andrews we could get a fee for - maybe not much, but if we offered them out for cheap enough (Say £2m each) then both would get snapped up.

I'm not sure we'd get 2m for both, to be honest. And we are offering Roberts out and receiving little interest, by all accounts.

I'm not sure we'd get 2m for both, to be honest. And we are offering Roberts out and receiving little interest, by all accounts.

£1-2m, whatever - its better spent on someone useful than on them - also im sure we would save on the wages - especially if we looked at younger players.

And with Roberts it depends what we are offering him out for - im sure alot of championship clubs would have him

Can anyone honestly say that our shambolic midfield has been any better over the last two games? I can't.

Andrews isn't good enough, but he isn't the only one.

I thought it was far better yesterday with Reid & N'Zonzi in the middle and Bert & Olssen out wide. N'Zonzi is improving as the season goes on, Reid played o.k yesterday which is an improvement from certain others and I think Junior was a good addition in the second half.

I thought it was far better yesterday with Reid & N'Zonzi in the middle and Bert & Olssen out wide. N'Zonzi is improving as the season goes on, Reid played o.k yesterday which is an improvement from certain others and I think Junior was a good addition in the second half.

We certainly pressed the ball better yesterday and Reid put in some strong challenges of the kind (you know you have been in a game pal) he actually put the challenges in which resulted in both Dempsy and Konchesky being injured and they for me were Fulhams better two players!!

We still havent anyone to control midfield, put their foot on the ball and pick a pass, but yesterday was the first time for ages I have seen us this season really press the ball!!

Of course, we didnt have the quality of Danny Murphy who as well as being experienced, is a very good footballer and he played lots of diagonal balls which opened us up!!

As For Keith, quite honestly, I didnt notice him touching the ball, saw him run (in lots of straight lines) but apart from one challenge cant remember him doing anything to be honest!!

Booing just sends out the wrong message to the players and the media and causes friction between sections of supporters. 2-0 up and the fans start booing because the manager has put on fresh legs. Ridiculous.

If you want to be constructive join the Fans Forum or request that it is brought up in the next meeting. Or you could write to the club to express your views.

Booing is the worse thing anyone can do, we struggle for support as it is without the mindless idiots creating a negative atmosphere. Just keep quiet and don't support him if you don't like him.

How on earth do we get rid of Keith anyway? There is a poll on this thread 'deciding' whether to keep or get rid of Keith. So when the results are in we will magically find a buyer for a sub-standard midfielder and we'll replace him with somebody better. It's that easy isn't it.

You have placed your votes and the club could possibly take note of the outcome, so now will you please stop the booing?

Firstly I didnt boo Andrews, secondly what the ferk has the fans forum got to do with playing crap players.

Third whilst a few on here are condeming the booing and taking some kind of moral high ground the point is dont employ or play poor footballers or you'll lose these peoples support. The thumbs were well and truly down for Keith Andrews, so from now on if Allardyce continues to play him then a Gary Megson scenario will begin to unfold with the fans judging by this poll i'd say about 70%.

The Blackburn Rovers board have absolutely no alternative now other than to bring in, if not TWO, at least one, central midfielder.Failure to do so will tear the club apart thus further alienating fans.

Archived