BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantasy Baseball '10

Getting back towards that time of the year again. I know that we have the keeper dynasty league left over from last year, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting involved in a new league, perhaps this time with a live auction draft?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back towards that time of the year again. I know that we have the keeper dynasty league left over from last year, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting involved in a new league, perhaps this time with a live auction draft?

Don't remember a keeper league but whatever happens, count me in :tu:

Well instead of having a traditional draft where each player has a pick per round, in an auction draft each player will have a certain amount of money. This will then mean that we will all bid for players, rather than drafting them, and the player with the highest bid will get him. I like it as it means you can bid for whomever you want and you aren't limited by the luck of the draft order and it also adds a certain amount of strategy to it as you have to decide how much of your budget you want to blow on the big names, where you think you can get away with cheap options and also paying close attention to everyone's needs so that you can roughly figure out who people will be bidding for.

• 2 weeks later...

You know I'll get involved in anything.

I was planning to do a simple, single season, head to head league again like we normally do.

It works as people don't have to commit, and also encourages any new comers.

We did an online draft last year which worked well, so would be up for the same this year.

(P.S. On a personal note Eddie, have you re-signed up to the Freeswingers dynasty league yet? nemesis is getting numbers together so make sure you let him know youre playing. I can send you a link if you need it)

You know I'll get involved in anything.

I was planning to do a simple, single season, head to head league again like we normally do.

It works as people don't have to commit, and also encourages any new comers.

We did an online draft last year which worked well, so would be up for the same this year.

(P.S. On a personal note Eddie, have you re-signed up to the Freeswingers dynasty league yet? nemesis is getting numbers together so make sure you let him know youre playing. I can send you a link if you need it)

i like the sounds of the live auction draft, but might be difficult for me as i work nightshift and will be sleeping during the day. i presume eddie by the title of the draft, that we must all be online at the same time for this to occur??

rog.."freeswingers"....??

• 2 weeks later...

In principle we should all be online at the same time, but if you aren't then the highest available player relative to your team needs will be bid for and the computer is pretty good at working out teams. I'm sure that if we get 8/10 interested we will be able to work out a free 2/3 hours at some point in the next few weeks. I have a definite 3 already (including me), so if you are in then just say and I'll start to work out the numbers.

I've also signed back up for the freeswingers (or at least I think that I have).

In principle we should all be online at the same time, but if you aren't then the highest available player relative to your team needs will be bid for and the computer is pretty good at working out teams. I'm sure that if we get 8/10 interested we will be able to work out a free 2/3 hours at some point in the next few weeks. I have a definite 3 already (including me), so if you are in then just say and I'll start to work out the numbers.

I've also signed back up for the freeswingers (or at least I think that I have).

I'll be in, never done an auction draft but I'll give it a go :wacko:

I've just created a league on ESPN, I know that Yahoo is a favourite for people usually, but ESPN has a really good draft system and I've always enjoyed using it. All you need to do is sign up as an ESPN member, which is totally free and takes only a couple of minutes. Easiest way to do it would be to PM me your email addresses and I'll send you an invite to the league.

Archived