BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

Rubbish phillipl. You support the club not individuals. I support Blackburn Rovers - not the manager, not the overpaid players who seem to play if the mood takes them, and not the owners who seem to have left John Williams to manage as best he can without financial support.

Times have been far worse than this. Let's be honest, when we were at the foot of the Third Division you couldn't dream of being 12th in the top division and in a major semi-final. I do agree with Sam when he says that Blackburn fans have been spoilt and seem to believe that the Jack Walker era is still with us today. The Trust are not Jack Walker and today we have reverted to what we have been in the past - a small town club struggling to survive. When looked at in those terms I believe that we are doing pretty well to be honest.

Game set and match, and puts into perspective all the daft posts on here criticising the manager.

Argument over.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today has begun, my boiler has packed in, had nothing but complaints from customers all morning, it's freezing at work and home and Fatty Arbuckle thinks we can nick two goals off Villa away and conceded none.

And there are tremendous rumblings in Prussia. But that could be something to do with the sausages.

These are mere stepping stones to the opportunities that lay ahead later today my friend :)

Allardyce's optimism may seem misplaced, but he is experienced enough to know that nerves can affect both teams in a semi-final when one goal could change everything. "The first goal will be critical, and we have to make sure we are the ones who score it," he said. "That means being patient, first and foremost, nullifying Villa's strengths and trying to frustrate them. We know what their attacking players can do, and if we let Villa get the best out of them it will lift the crowd. Our job is to try to dampen the atmosphere, keep everything quiet, and then start probing for a goal of our own.

So that's 4-5-1 again and an easy win for Villa coming right up .... :unsure:

Had a call from a courier we use appx 1/2 hour ago - the team coach was stuck in roadworks at Stafford.

Sam was sat up front ( on his own <_<:lol: )

All those saying its about supporting your club and that we have been spoilt - get of your high horses and see reality.

The goal posts have moved - its not the fans that are being paid the £££s to give all for the game - yes its a S/F but so effin what considering what the fans have had to endure.

The players may arguably deserve support - but the fans most definitely deserve a performance ( of football) and have a right to expect more.

Maybe if the players ( if allowed) and the expert manager could have shown what it means to them , then maybe they might get/have got the support they so seem to be crying for.

It might be just me but I am not really excited about a prospect of facing MU or MC at ' The New wasted so much money on it Wembley' should we win the tie (which I think we will) to be served up the droll non existent football only to get beat leaving a feeling of being ripped off for the pleasure.

Believe what you like to make you happy, but both Dunn & McCarthy were clearly playing second-striker roles in the last two games. Benni came deep to receive the ball many a time, and Kalinic was often chasing lost causes on his lonesome. There's no way that was a straight 4-4-2. No, siree.

Funny that, since every media report had us playing 4-4-2?

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree - but you're wrong.

:P

Had a call from a courier we use appx 1/2 hour ago - the team coach was stuck in roadworks at Stafford.

Sam was sat up front ( on his own <_<:lol: )

All those saying its about supporting your club and that we have been spoilt - get of your high horses and see reality.

The goal posts have moved - its not the fans that are being paid the £££s to give all for the game - yes its a S/F but so effin what considering what the fans have had to endure.

The players may arguably deserve support - but the fans most definitely deserve a performance ( of football) and have a right to expect more.

Maybe if the players ( if allowed) and the expert manager could have shown what it means to them , then maybe they might get/have got the support they so seem to be crying for.

It might be just me but I am not really excited about a prospect of facing MU or MC at ' The New wasted so much money on it Wembley' should we win the tie (which I think we will) to be served up the droll non existent football only to get beat leaving a feeling of being ripped off for the pleasure.

Don't be silly now! We all know everyone will love to get to Wembley no matter who we face. I'd prefer United at the moment though, as it is more likely they will play their second string and / or fringe players where as City are more determined to win this one. They see it as a catalyst to future successes.

Nice positive though! I too think we'll win the game tonight 1-0, and squeak through on penalties. Villa looked very poor against West Ham t'other day, and we looked improved (although not 'good') against Fulham.

COME ON ROVERS, COME ON ROVERS!

Maybe if the players (if allowed) and the expert manager could have shown what it means to them , then maybe they might get/have got the support they so seem to be crying for.

Exactly.

^ What fans want to hear. Otherwise known as "delusion".

God forbid, Sam says we will try and nullify Villa's strengths first before trying to make attacks of our own. We are only playing an away match against a side technically superior to us, as well as superior to us in speed. We should totally just go out attack and not care about how they can tear us apart with ease. Get real :rolleyes:

Or we should just go 4-5-1, sit back, go 2 goals down and then throw a striker on with 10 mins to go. And we'll still lose.

You need to remove your head from Sam's a*se, because you plainly are unable to see that his 'sitting back' tactics have failed to work every time they've been employed. He can, and has been quite frequently this season - wrong. And it doesn't make you less of a Rovers supporter to notice it and admit it.

We need to go 4-4-2 and try to get the first goal - then think about sitting back. One thing's for certain, if Villa score first (and they will if we try to defend) then we are as good as out.

Latest interview from Sam on the BBC:

"We will go all out attack against Aston Villa tonight and be as positive as we can. Our lightning quick players will easily penetrate Aston Villa's vulnerable defence and defensively we're safe because we have a back four who are absolutely solid defensively, can match Villa's pace and never suffer lapses in concentration, and our goalkeeper is an expert at saving long shots. Let's completely ignore Villa's strength and just go for it because we are Blackburn Rovers Football club, a great and proud club, who can beat anyone if we try our hardest."

The last bit is 100% true and the players need that drumming into them before the game. We need 11 men out there tonight, not 11 boys! Villa have bags of pace, but apart from that they are nothing special...they simply rely on that.

Lets get stuck in, put a few strong challenges in, and put them under pressure. We have nothing to lose, and nobody expects us to win - so lets relish being the under-dogs!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!

:rover: i want to see a full strength team out tonight no game for a week,i want to see us attack,i want us to put a good show on in front of the bbc tv cameras.thats what i want,what we will get is negative,hoofball,percentage togger :mellow::brfcsmilie:

I can't think of another club whose so-called fans would be having these sorts of arguments with regards to whether or not they should attend a SEMI-FINAL.

I think we all agree that Villa are a bigger club than us. They have an outside chance of qualifying for the Champions League but the League Cup and the chance to get to the final is massive to them, as we saw from their fans last Thursday and we will see tonight. Meanwhile our section of the ground will be half empty (or even emptier) while our spolt, molycoddled supporters sit at home and moan, whinge and gnash their teeth, uttering pathetic excuses such as :

"yes its a S/F but so effin what considering what the fans have had to endure." - erm, endure? try supporting Darlington, or maybe Luton Town. Endurance is not the word I'd choose to describe a 2 month sticky patch which ended with us in exactly the same league postion in which we started it!

Rovers fans are very peculiar in that they boast about NOT attending games. Just don't go, why tell the world about it? A semi-final is seemingly beneath them. Perhaps they'll realise in a few years time if/when we are in the Johnstones Paint Trophy semi-final and they think back to our previous semi-final, one in a proper cup competition with a Europa League spot at stake and they suddenly remember they didnt attend that one as they didnt like Allardyce's tactics at the time. What was I thinking? Thats what they'll think. Oh well its history now, those days will never return, sigh....Charlton fans that wanted Curbishley out are probably having similar thoughts right now. The future is uncertain. Miss this one and there may never be another.

Rovers fans are up in arms about our style of play. Now then, I could understand this point of view if we had a reputation down the years of playing superb football. Under Mark Hughes we usually tried to keep it tight in the first half then try to win the game in the second half. He just had a bit more money and better players at his disposal. He knew his success couldn't last which is why he jumped ship at the first opportunity. Just what kind of football do the fans chanting his name last week think he would serve up if he came back (which he won't)?

So, the postive and sensible people on here, see you at Villa Park, to the stay aways, enjoy jumping on here to moan and whinge some more about 2 minutes after the final whistle should we lose.

I can't think of another club whose so-called fans would be having these sorts of arguments with regards to whether or not they should attend a SEMI-FINAL.

I think we all agree that Villa are a bigger club than us. They have an outside chance of qualifying for the Champions League but the League Cup and the chance to get to the final is massive to them, as we saw from their fans last Thursday and we will see tonight. Meanwhile our section of the ground will be half empty (or even emptier) while our spolt, molycoddled supporters sit at home and moan, whinge and gnash their teeth, uttering pathetic excuses such as :

"yes its a S/F but so effin what considering what the fans have had to endure." - erm, endure? try supporting Darlington, or maybe Luton Town. Endurance is not the word I'd choose to describe a 2 month sticky patch which ended with us in exactly the same league postion in which we started it!

Rovers fans are very peculiar in that they boast about NOT attending games. Just don't go, why tell the world about it? A semi-final is seemingly beneath them. Perhaps they'll realise in a few years time if/when we are in the Johnstones Paint Trophy semi-final and they think back to our previous semi-final, one in a proper cup competition with a Europa League spot at stake and they suddenly remember they didnt attend that one as they didnt like Allardyce's tactics at the time. What was I thinking? Thats what they'll think. Oh well its history now, those days will never return, sigh....Charlton fans that wanted Curbishley out are probably having similar thoughts right now. The future is uncertain. Miss this one and there may never be another.

Rovers fans are up in arms about our style of play. Now then, I could understand this point of view if we had a reputation down the years of playing superb football. Under Mark Hughes we usually tried to keep it tight in the first half then try to win the game in the second half. He just had a bit more money and better players at his disposal. He knew his success couldn't last which is why he jumped ship at the first opportunity. Just what kind of football do the fans chanting his name last week think he would serve up if he came back (which he won't)?

So, the postive and sensible people on here, see you at Villa Park, to the stay aways, enjoy jumping on here to moan and whinge some more about 2 minutes after the final whistle should we lose.

My turn on the soapbox, my turn.

I think people have had enough because they know that the players are capable of so much more.

But I like your interpretation as a "2 month sticky period". Gordon could use you for the next GE campaign.

CAPT KAYOS, on 19 January 2010 - 13:53 PM, said:

Maybe if the players (if allowed) and the expert manager could have shown what it means to them , then maybe they might get/have got the support they so seem to be crying for.

Exactly.

Can't disagree with any of that...........however............

Will people be taking the same position and sticking to their convivtions if we get to Wembley - with no free travel and £50 a ticket.

That said i know some pretty big Rovers fans who are not travelling tonight. Totally had enough with what they have to endure every week. But for me the Cup is something special - but then again I still love FA Cup 3rd Round day.

Yes we have all followed us through @#/? through the divisions at chesterfield, clochester etc. but can't remember the football ever been so uninspiring. But i will be there tonight.

I'm extremely excited by tonight. I'm full of false confidence because of the win on Saturday. Football is a funny, funny game. A three nil defeat tonight will have everyone back to "Sam out!"

Villa are beatable. The problem is we need to be performing at 600% more than we have for the previous twelve games. Regardless of what people think, if we replicate Sunday's performance (despite winning) then very few of us will be going to London for footballing purposes. I feel Sam will have to load his Mark Hughes attacking football emulator for victory this evening.

Come on Rovers.

I finished work earlier ater an even earlier start, have gotten home and just cannot find the enthusiasm to set off for either the free coaches or to drive, I seriously have no interest in the game whatsoever.

I have now decided to go and walk the dog, have abrew and a kip then watch the game on tv.

I want Rovers to win but Allardyces tactics will be simply to stifle them game and hope to score on the break, I fear it is a task beyond Rovers.

BTW McCarthy linked heavily with whamboys and dildoes fc.

Hope the travellers have a safe journey and the blues sneak it.

I finished work earlier ater an even earlier start, have gotten home and just cannot find the enthusiasm to set off for either the free coaches or to drive, I seriously have no interest in the game whatsoever.

I have now decided to go and walk the dog, have abrew and a kip then watch the game on tv.

I want Rovers to win but Allardyces tactics will be simply to stifle them game and hope to score on the break, I fear it is a task beyond Rovers.

BTW McCarthy linked heavily with whamboys and dildoes fc.

Hope the travellers have a safe journey and the blues sneak it.

WestHam have bid around 1.3 million....

Come on rovers... 2-0 tonight!

team I'd like to see tonight:

Robinson

Samba Nelsen Givet

Chimbonda Olsson

Reid Nzonzi Dunn

Di Santo Kalanic

Bring back the wingbacks! we have the players for it.

You know that could be a decent shout except Villa counter very quickly and the wing backs would really have to be switched on!!

Archived