BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

Villa are less of a team than Fulham??? Check the league table mate. Why all the animosity towards Villa on here? We are good fans and unlike the empty 3 stands in your section we packed out our end and got behind our team. I suggest that Rovers do the same and stop slagging us off. You are lucky to still be in this tie, we were cheated at Ewood out of 2 pens and missed a hatful of chances. I know you hit the post twice so it should have been 6-2 maybe. I have always enjoyed going to Ewood but this undeserved animosity from some people on here is disgraceful. SUPPORT your team and stop calling us cheats and having a go. Oh and we NEVER had under 30,000 average at Villa in the Prem. BRFC are not a club that can talk about attendances, I'm sure if you get through to Wembley you wont get only 12,000 fans like you did on Thursday.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa are less of a team than Fulham??? Check the league table mate. Why all the animosity towards Villa on here? We are good fans and unlike the empty 3 stands in your section we packed out our end and got behind our team. I suggest that Rovers do the same and stop slagging us off. You are lucky to still be in this tie, we were cheated at Ewood out of 2 pens and missed a hatful of chances. I know you hit the post twice so it should have been 6-2 maybe. I have always enjoyed going to Ewood but this undeserved animosity from some people on here is disgraceful. SUPPORT your team and stop calling us cheats and having a go. Oh and we NEVER had under 30,000 average at Villa in the Prem. BRFC are not a club that can talk about attendances, I'm sure if you get through to Wembley you wont get only 12,000 fans like you did on Thursday.

Compare the size of Blackburn and Birminghama... if you didn't have more fans than us, it would be a disgrace.

And there isn't much animosity really.. plus I wouldn't recommend going on another club's board giving it the big 'I am'. And Agbonlahor dived.

Compare the size of Blackburn and Birminghama... if you didn't have more fans than us, it would be a disgrace.

And there isn't much animosity really.. plus I wouldn't recommend going on another club's board giving it the big 'I am'. And Agbonlahor dived.

Agbonlahor didn’t dive. There was contact and it was a penalty. The decision wasn't quite so shocking as the handball, but then again who knows what you're going to get with Clattenburg?

Agbonlahor didnt dive. There was contact and it was a penalty. The decision wasn't quite so shocking as the handball, but then again who knows what you're going to get with Clattenburg?

He started falling before the contact = 'diving @#/?'. Personally I wish Samba had twatted the little git to the ground. I HATE regular divers.

Your like the new Spurs, deluded and have ideas above your station (well that's the evidence i've seen browsing Villa Talk and other Villa forums).

Its your lot bringing up the attendance figures, but like those fans of southern clubs (Spurs, Le Arse) you know nothing about the local demographics and fail to realise we have a population of just over 105,000 and you are based in Britain's second biggest city. If we win on Wednesday and over two legs we deserve to play in the final, no matter what our support figures are.

If you want to get into this then maybe you should first take a look at populations.

The 2005 estimate for the population of the district of Birmingham was 1,001,200

Blackburn runs at just over 100,000.

So with 2 clubs in your city we'll halve it and so you should be 5 times the attendance we do.

We are averaging 25551, so that means you should be getting over 125,000 fans a game.

Considering the size difference in populations do you not think that we do very well? We get about 20-25% of catchment area and yet you get less than 10%!

If you get to Wembley I am sure that all yours fans in that stadium will have been to all your home and away carling up games, being such great fans :rolleyes:

6-2? We were bad first half but you hardly set the world on fire. A deserved lead but anything can happen in the cup. Enjoy the game!

Your like the new Spurs, deluded and have ideas above your station (well that's the evidence i've seen browsing Villa Talk and other Villa forums).

Its your lot bringing up the attendance figures, but like those fans of southern clubs (Spurs, Le Arse) you know nothing about the local demographics and fail to realise we have a population of just over 105,000 and you are based in Britain's second biggest city. If we win on Wednesday we deserve to play in the final, no matter what our support figures are.

You think you’re the only club that has a number of others on your door step? Small Heath three miles away, the Albion three in the other direction with the Dingles fifeteen up the road, not to mention the host of East Midlands sides. Everywhere has a lot of sides. Leeds, Sunderland and Newcastle are the only really big one town/city clubs.

The criticism of your support is based around the semi-final first leg, where there were less than 15,000 Rovers fans on the ground. The fact you pulled in 21 k for Fulham only exacerbates the criticism.

In what way are we ‘deluded’?

Dress it up whatever way you like, forgetting about home gates, population etc. 2000 fans to a semi final 2nd leg with free travel is ###### poor. You're moaning because it's £29 a ticket, but your travel is free, our fans paid £15 for a ticket and £14 on the coach which equals yes, £29 and we could have sold 10k.

Oh and we'd sold 38k including an estimated 2k of you lot on monday, and considering you lot requested 6400 (haha!) you will see the majority of the 4500 tickets left were those in your ends. We've put the league away end on sale to our own fans now so people who want more than one ticket together can get them, the only other tickets left were singles in the upper Trinity and noone wants to sit on their own. The gate will be circa 40k, and the only empty seats will be the ones you lot requested and failed to sell.

I wouldn't say your deluded Villa fans, you are a massive club with loads of good fans and a good few trophies in the bank, unlike some fans who come on here.

However, slagging our support off is not going to win you any friends. We do alright for what we are.

Dress it up whatever way you like, forgetting about home gates, population etc. 2000 fans to a semi final 2nd leg with free travel is ###### poor. You're moaning because it's £29 a ticket, but your travel is free, our fans paid £15 for a ticket and £14 on the coach which equals yes, £29 and we could have sold 10k.

Oh and we'd sold 38k including an estimated 2k of you lot on monday, and considering you lot requested 6400 (haha!) you will see the majority of the 4500 tickets left were those in your ends. We've put the league away end on sale to our own fans now so people who want more than one ticket together can get them, the only other tickets left were singles in the upper Trinity and noone wants to sit on their own. The gate will be circa 40k, and the only empty seats will be the ones you lot requested and failed to sell.

Congratulations. Who really gives a sh*t?

Why does anybody care about attendences? People who want to go and can afford to do so go, those who don't, don't. All the panic/smugness from both sides is pathetic. Haven't people got more important worries in their lives?

You think you're the only club that has a number of others on your door step? Small Heath three miles away, the Albion three in the other direction with the Dingles fifeteen up the road, not to mention the host of East Midlands sides. Everywhere has a lot of sides. Leeds, Sunderland and Newcastle are the only really big one town/city clubs.

The criticism of your support is based around the semi-final first leg, where there were less than 15,000 Rovers fans on the ground. The fact you pulled in 21 k for Fulham only exacerbates the criticism.

In what way are we 'deluded'?

I don't think you are deluded and agree with both these posts though don't think we are lucky to be in the tie - it could just as easily have been 2-1 to Rovers. You need to take into account the semi-final attendance had more to do with Allardyce than our support. While I can't prove it I believe the very poor attendance was entirely due to fans being sick to death of Allardyce and his style of football plus an expectation that the team wouldn't turn up - a reflection of the manager's attitude.

Really looking forward to this match as I love going to Villa Park. We lived in Harborne for two years and I stood on The Holt for two seasons as I used to accompany one of my oldest friends to all the home games. 1980-82 was a good time for a neutral to watch the Villa. The other thing I like is despite the modernisation Villa Park is still a football ground, which many are not. I feel we have a good chance and I'm sure you'll see the 2500 - 3000 Rovers who will be there know how to support their team.

I think Villa are a decent team, but how Martin O'Neill manages to dodge the heat, having spent a small fortune and neither winning a single trophy OR qualifying for the CL is beyond me. Must be because he's pally with the media and has a string of English players.

So what was it then? McCarthy spent most of the Fulham game up alongside Kalinic, apart from drifting to the wings a bit here and there (as Shearer did when it was the old SAS partnership). Sunday was definitely 4-4-2, and nothing like the 4-5-1 dross Allardyce has been stubbornly sticking to in the past.

Benni was playing no further than Dunn did against Villa. The difference is that McCarthy showed up for his match and Dunn didn't. People are just being myopic in believing we played a 4-4-2.

The other reason for the Villa fans turning out is such awe inspiring numbers could be that they are not used to semi finals in recent times, and seem to really excited by this tie. We seem to get one every year or so, and many have become blase (needs an accent on that e) about watching them!

The other reason for the Villa fans turning out is such awe inspiring numbers could be that they are not used to semi finals in recent times, and seem to really excited by this tie. We seem to get one every year or so, and many have become blase (needs an accent on that e) about watching them!

I heard the ‘semi-final fatigue’ argument and I’ve got to say that its total nonsense. This is why we follow football, for games like this. Semi-finals and finals, Wembley and trophies- it’s what its all about. If there aren’t 88 other clubs jealous of the four in the semi-finals, with a chance to go to Wembley and win a major trophy, then they need their heads looking at.

The day I get tired of seeing the Villa in semi-finals and finals of competitions is the day I give it all up.

They do have a fixation with empty seats for some reason but did you see their game with West Ham? Plenty of empties in the home end.

There will be empties in the home end tomorrow night too - plenty of seats left according to the oline planner. They need to get their own house in order first me thinks. If they had such a high demand they'd be selling the sections we returned along the side of the ground :rolleyes:

They do have a fixation with empty seats for some reason but did you see their game with West Ham? Plenty of empties in the home end.

There will be empties in the home end tomorrow night too - plenty of seats left according to the oline planner. They need to get their own house in order first me thinks. If they had such a high demand they'd be selling the sections we returned along the side of the ground :rolleyes:

Thats because some genius decided it should be a category A game, noone wants to pay £40 to watch West Ham when it's on tv.

As for tomorrow, like i said the gate will be 40k+. You lot requested 6400 and will bring 2500, so it's a good job we're selling some of your tickets for you eh. 2500...we sold that in half an hour for the away leg :lol:

As for tomorrow, like i said the gate will be 40k+. You lot requested 6400 and will bring 2500, so it's a good job we're selling some of your tickets for you eh. 2500...we sold that in half an hour for the away leg :lol:

Typical 'BIG CLUB' fan arrogance...full of p1ss 'n' wind. :rolleyes:

Rovers are a very proud small town club and we dont pretend to be anything else,you wont hear Rovers fans attacking other clubs attendances.Villa are a bigger club than Rovers and your larger support should be expected.

We're not bothered whether you have 4,000 or 40,000 at Villa park for this game ...its the result that REALLY matters.

The argument about Blackburn doing well by getting 25% of the town's population inside Ewood doesnt really work as im pretty sure that if the likes of Liverpool/Man Utd/Newcastle's stadiums could accomodate 25% of their city's population, they would fill it.

Still, regarding the Villa debate - they doing well and have more support then we do. They havent got to many semi finals recently and similarly havent won much silverware in the past 10-15 years so its obvious that they're going to be more 'up' for these two matches then we are. We are a smaller club, which i have no shame in admitting, but we have also been more succesfull over the past 15/20 years then Villa. Im pretty sure Villa would much rather get lower gates and have won the league cup, premiership trophy, participated in the Champions League and in the UEFA Cup 6 times.

No one is tired of seeing Blackburn getting to the semi finals of a major competition BUT, we have gotten to this stage in what, 6 of the last 8 years or so? and only made it to the final once. It does make a real difference to your attitude when you yet again reach this stage of a competition, especially with how poor our team is at the moment.

We ARE selling off your unwanted tickets to our fans!!

Thats because some genius decided it should be a category A game, noone wants to pay £40 to watch West Ham when it's on tv.

Nowt against Villa, infact i quite like the club but seeing as were debating fans will the fantastic villa support be booing their side of again if things dont go your way ?

"Forget about population" ? What? Are we supposed to have supporters magically rain down from the sky? When you're in a small area you can't have a huge fanbase.

Archived