BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

I've just seen the highlights on the BBC website for the first time since the game.

I think that pretty much everything has been covered here, but if Villa are to win the cup they should consider putting Friedel back in goal for it. I know that Guzan is quite highly rated and tipped to replace Brad, but he doesn't half flap at things. I think one of the few things he caught was from a Pedersen long throw, so that hardly counts!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just seen the highlights on the BBC website for the first time since the game.

I think that pretty much everything has been covered here, but if Villa are to win the cup they should consider putting Friedel back in goal for it. I know that Guzan is quite highly rated and tipped to replace Brad, but he doesn't half flap at things. I think one of the few things he caught was from a Pedersen long throw, so that hardly counts!!

Guzan is awful Clare. Villa with Friedel in goal are twice the team.

and that should say something about our decision to sell Brad.

Guzan is awful Clare. Villa with Friedel in goal are twice the team.

and that should say something about our decision to sell Brad.

Ironic isn't it Den. Brad wanted out and forced his way through the exit door against the wishes of all at BRFC ... to win things he said.

The only thing Villa have a chance of winning before he draws his pension is this cup. And he's not played in a single game towards it. tinykit.gif

Ironic isn't it Den. Brad wanted out and forced his way through the exit door against the wishes of all at BRFC ... to win things he said.

The only thing Villa have a chance of winning before he draws his pension is this cup. And he's not played in a single game towards it. tinykit.gif

If Villa want to win it they'll play Brad in the final.

And I imagine that he was fully aware of this fact at the time as well...

Can anyone explain WHY, on the local paper website, photo section of the Villa/Rovers game, does every picture cover a Villa player and even one of Martin O'Neil with the odd shot of a Rovers player ?

It looks like the Lancashire Telegraph, our only local paper really dislikes Rovers !

WHY?

The football pull out on a Monday that is named "full time" is named "the claret" in the dingle version. It's very strange that a Blackburn based newspaper leans more towards the Yorkshire side of the county despite them having their own Dingle Express.

Considering not buying it anymore to be honest.

Guest andrewpickup

Villa flattered to decieve...... Again. Loads of money well spent then and a hero manager who has done nothing. Even I would get celtic right.

Re brad the 6 yard goalkeeper, he pledged his loyalty to ' the club that saved his career over a brew with jw' well his head was turned pretty quickly by american villa cash. Or was it, some may say that the new boss was black?

Villa flattered to decieve...... Again. Loads of money well spent then and a hero manager who has done nothing. Even I would get celtic right.

Re brad the 6 yard goalkeeper, he pledged his loyalty to ' the club that saved his career over a brew with jw' well his head was turned pretty quickly by american villa cash. Or was it, some may say that the new boss was black?

Time for you to pickup a short posting break. Its not just for the implications about Brad here, its your general trolling attitude.

The football pull out on a Monday that is named "full time" is named "the claret" in the dingle version. It's very strange that a Blackburn based newspaper leans more towards the Yorkshire side of the county despite them having their own Dingle Express.

I was saying just that the other day. Considering Blackburn Rovers are consistently the best supported club in East Lancs,the Dingle bias is bizarre.

Tuesdays Telegraph (I think) had 4 Dingle comment/opinion pieces to our 2.

Got to agree with you there Ben, a full boycott looks to be on the cards.

Villa fan here. Not getting into the ins and outs about Brad coming to us but if you are suggesting Brad has a problem with black people then he certainly dropped a ricket joing Villa. If you hadn't noticed a large percentage of the midlands population is black and quite a few of our players are black as well.

• Backroom

Ignore him jod its a ridiculous statement not thought by any of us I would hope at least but he has been fishing for arguments recently it seems

Brad left Rovers becaue Ince is Black ?? Now that has to be the most idiotic of posts EVER.

He left for a new challenge, much bigger club, bigger fan base, bigger stage and bigger ambition as he was at the end of his career and he didnt see Rovers progressing any further/better than they were.

His decision has been justified hasnt it ?

To suggest he left Rovers because of creed/colour is ridiculous. There are more black players at Villa than Rovers and the Villa fan is right, there are more blacks/ethnic races in the Midlands than there are in London, so again that doesnt make any sense.

Brad left Rovers becaue Ince is Black ?? Now that has to be the most idiotic of posts EVER.

He left for a new challenge, much bigger club, bigger fan base, bigger stage and bigger ambition as he was at the end of his career and he didnt see Rovers progressing any further/better than they were.

His decision has been justified hasnt it ?

To suggest he left Rovers because of creed/colour is ridiculous. There are more black players at Villa than Rovers and the Villa fan is right, there are more blacks/ethnic races in the Midlands than there are in London, so again that doesnt make any sense.

It had nothing to do with racism obviously, but again, and this is the eternal argument that never ends,...but how can anyone who possibly values virtues such as passion and loyalty defend the balded part is beyond me.

Brad was not only our best player of the decade, he was the embodiment of Blackburn Rovers FC. A living legend if there ever was one. He was loved by all and (or so we thought) loved Rovers too. Evidence for that are his interviews in which he claims IN HIS OWN WORDS that he is playing for love not money and that he would end his career at Rovers. He was that kind of special player, the talisman of the club - like Gerrard, Terry, Del Piero. When he left, he pretty much ripped the heart out of the club and stamped on it. At best, he was nothing more than a liar.

But I guess if you think football is and should be nothing more than a soulless business, something like this woudn't bother you. That's certainly what all the Chelseas and ManCitys want it to be.

It had nothing to do with racism obviously, but again, and this is the eternal argument that never ends,...but how can anyone who possibly values virtues such as passion and loyalty defend the balded part is beyond me.

Brad was not only our best player of the decade, he was the embodiment of Blackburn Rovers FC. A living legend if there ever was one. He was loved by all and (or so we thought) loved Rovers too. Evidence for that are his interviews in which he claims IN HIS OWN WORDS that he is playing for love not money and that he would end his career at Rovers. He was that kind of special player, the talisman of the club - like Gerrard, Terry, Del Piero. When he left, he pretty much ripped the heart out of the club and stamped on it. At best, he was nothing more than a liar.

But I guess if you think football is and should be nothing more than a soulless business, something like this woudn't bother you. That's certainly what all the Chelseas and ManCitys want it to be.

We all say things without knowing the future! I think I'll marry my current gf, but who knows? Maybe she'll cheat or we'll have a massive row?

It was potentially his last chance for silverware and to play in the Champion's League. I don't care that he left. I only care that he DOES love the club (see any interviews on TV. When we are the subject, he practically licks the club's ass!). He is without doubt our greatest ever keeper. Yes, when he left, it was hard to take and he 'ripped the club's heart out'.....but he did not stamp on it. Any consequence was not of HIS doing; it was up to US to get on with it. He praised the club no end and wished us every success. I'm just thankful I was able to see one of the premiership's best ever keepers play for my team.

We all say things without knowing the future! I think I'll marry my current gf, but who knows? Maybe she'll cheat or we'll have a massive row?

It was potentially his last chance for silverware and to play in the Champion's League. I don't care that he left. I only care that he DOES love the club (see any interviews on TV. When we are the subject, he practically licks the club's ass!). He is without doubt our greatest ever keeper. Yes, when he left, it was hard to take and he 'ripped the club's heart out'.....but he did not stamp on it. Any consequence was not of HIS doing; it was up to US to get on with it. He praised the club no end and wished us every success. I'm just thankful I was able to see one of the premiership's best ever keepers play for my team.

To make that analogy work, you'll have to leave your girlfriend for a richer and prettier one. You'll still have "nice things to say" about her, but your reasoning will be that you just can't resist the hotter piece of a$$.

And your ex will just have to be grateful that she ever got the privilege to be your girlfriend.

To make that analogy work, you'll have to leave your girlfriend for a richer and prettier one. You'll still have "nice things to say" about her, but your reasoning will be that you just can't resist the hotter piece of a$$.

And your ex will just have to be grateful that she ever got the privilege to be your girlfriend.

I meant me being Rovers and her being Brad. But you get my point at least? I certainly hold no grudges to Brad for leaving the club. (The analogy....well I'd be ###### off at her for leaving me cos I'm all loved up, but that's another situation entirely). In the end, it wasn't personal for Brad. An opportunity for more money and a better chance of another trophy came along and he took it. That's what clubs our size must live with now, I guess.

Dunno if it's kosher but i read a suggestion that....

1. Brad lost a bundle on the sub prime mortgage collapse.

and

2. His football academy was in financial trouble. http://theoriginalwinger.com/2009-06-20-brad-friedels-football-academy-in-crisis.

(btw I rather hoped that BRFC would provide a UK outlet for the best from his football school. It could be that Randy Larner thinks the same and has the wherewithal to see it through.)

If this is correct then none of this could be foreseen 2 years ago so MrE maybe you should walk a mile in Brads shoes before villifying the bloke so readily.

Same advice to andrewpickup who in calling Brad Freidel racist made a complete knob of himself in suggesting a bloke who is married to a black woman is a rascist. Because of the plethora of stupid politically correct plonkers it's currently become all too easy to play the racist card. How nice to see it rebound so effectively on these two misguided and malicious fools.

Same advice to andrewpickup who in calling Brad Freidel racist made a complete knob of himself in suggesting a bloke who is married to a black woman is a rascist. Because of the plethora of stupid politically correct plonkers it's currently become all too easy to play the racist card. How nice to see it rebound so effectively on these two misguided and malicious fools.

Don't let him push your buttons, I don't believe he's here to have a bit of banter/ discussion.

Archived