BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

Dunno if it's kosher but i read a suggestion that....

1. Brad lost a bundle on the sub prime mortgage collapse.

and

2. His football academy was in financial trouble. http://theoriginalwinger.com/2009-06-20-brad-friedels-football-academy-in-crisis.

(btw I rather hoped that BRFC would provide a UK outlet for the best from his football school. It could be that Randy Larner thinks the same and has the wherewithal to see it through.)

If this is correct then none of this could be foreseen 2 years ago so MrE maybe you should walk a mile in Brads shoes before villifying the bloke so readily.

He has never admitted to any of that, so it's all just words. You'd say it's his business, but if he did care about the club he would at least offer some type of explanation, after making such comments. Gareth Barry wrote Villa fans a formal letter, if you want an example.

What he said is that he left because he "wanted to achieve more" at Villa. Let's look at the facts: The only thing "more" they've achieved so far is the Carling Cup final. If he was still playing for us, it's not too absurd to think we could be there now ourselves instead of Villa. Champions League? I don't know if he'll be even their main keeper next season, and even so, they're gonna need a hell of a lot of luck to beat out City, Liverpool and Spurs. Villa have about a big of a chance of reaching the CL as we do the top 6 this season.

And forget about the CL, Friedel could have been playing at the biggest stage of all without ever leaving Rovers - the World Cup. The USA have done very well in recent tournaments, imagine how much better they could have done if he hadn't retired so early. But he quit, citing his passion for Rovers - another big lie. He obviously didn't quit his national team for us. He quit because the money incentive wasn't big enough to keep him interested.

Fact of the matter is, at best this man is a liar who has let down both club and country. I don't want to call him something worse, because when all is said and done, he did do a great deal for us. But the fact that so many Rovers fans still respect him shows just how low standards have fallen.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has never admitted to any of that, so it's all just words. You'd say it's his business, but if he did care about the club he would at least offer some type of explanation, after making such comments. Gareth Barry wrote Villa fans a formal letter, if you want an example.

What he said is that he left because he "wanted to achieve more" at Villa. Let's look at the facts: The only thing "more" they've achieved so far is the Carling Cup final. If he was still playing for us, it's not too absurd to think we could be there now ourselves instead of Villa. Champions League? I don't know if he'll be even their main keeper next season, and even so, they're gonna need a hell of a lot of luck to beat out City, Liverpool and Spurs. Villa have about a big of a chance of reaching the CL as we do the top 6 this season.

And forget about the CL, Friedel could have been playing at the biggest stage of all without ever leaving Rovers - the World Cup. The USA have done very well in recent tournaments, imagine how much better they could have done if he hadn't retired so early. But he quit, citing his passion for Rovers - another big lie. He obviously didn't quit his national team for us. He quit because the money incentive wasn't big enough to keep him interested.

Fact of the matter is, at best this man is a liar who has let down both club and country. I don't want to call him something worse, because when all is said and done, he did do a great deal for us. But the fact that so many Rovers fans still respect him shows just how low standards have fallen.

Nice twisting. but the fact is that when Brad left, Villa had better prospects than Rovers. At the time, how was he to know how Villa would fair or how we would? he took the gamble, but unfortunately it hasn't yet paid off. That doesn;t make him a liar. It makes him unlucky.

Archived