BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

Nowt against Villa, infact i quite like the club but seeing as were debating fans will the fantastic villa support be booing their side of again if things dont go your way ?

You've gone and thrown a stone through your glass house there fella.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope we beat Villa. Their fans are starting to grate a little - they remind me of Newcastle or Tottenham!!

They bang on and on about how great they are...yet they only beat us by 1 goal last week. "Oh but they should of had 2 penalties" :rolleyes:

And as for the comments - "we could have sold 10k tickets" What when 1-0 down against a team currently challenging for the top 4? Whilst you have just won your 1st game in 13? Dont talk sh!te!!

[/quot

Some might say we have had plenty of cause to moan at the end of a lot of games over the last 2 seasons for various reasons. You lot on the other hand ?

I was thinking the same. 'Mark Hughes' blue white army', booing Andrews, booing Pedersen, 'Big sam sort it out', all this during a semi final aswell, great support.

Anyway what are all your thoughts on the game? Personally i think the fact it's 1-0 will suit us, it means you have to have a bit of a go and we'll hit you on the break. If it was 0-0 you'd pack the defence and we wouldn't break you down.

My couple of quid shall be going on Villa 2-0, Downing first goal.

City of a million people (never mind the wider area) and they are crowing about selling 38000 tickets for a semi final!

Villa are a pi$$ poor supported club for such a massive conourbation

Have you been to Birmingham though, and Aston/Witton in particular? A lot of Birmingham is made up of black or asian people who have no interest in football or 'support' Man Utd or Liverpool. The areas around VP are virtually all Asian dominated, none of them go to games. Not forgetting we've got Wolves, Albion and Blues who all get 20k+ on our doorstep aswell. It's not like we're Newcastle or Leeds, they're cities with only one club. I wasn't particularly crowing either, i said forgetting home attendances taking 2500 to a semi final 2nd leg, with free tavel, is poor which it is.

City of a million people (never mind the wider area) and they are crowing about selling 38000 tickets for a semi final!

Yeah, so there.......and we have bigger cooks :rolleyes:

On the footballing side of things, I would imagine there really is nothing to lose in this game but to go for it. A similar attitude from the management and players to the Chelsea game would be much appreciated. No guts, no glory...

There are THREE clubs in Birmingham alone plus several league clubs in a 30 mile radius so this "city of a million people" nonsense shows a lack of YOUR understanding.

Anyway, I have nothing against BRFC and if I was a fan of Rovers I too would be unhappy watching that rubbish Fat Sam puts out.

I was thinking the same. 'Mark Hughes' blue white army', booing Andrews, booing Pedersen, 'Big sam sort it out', all this during a semi final aswell, great support.

Anyway what are all your thoughts on the game? Personally i think the fact it's 1-0 will suit us, it means you have to have a bit of a go and we'll hit you on the break. If it was 0-0 you'd pack the defence and we wouldn't break you down.

Were a strange bunch up ere mate, or hadnt u noticed !! Thoughts on the game we pinch an early goal from a corner, then owt can happen !

Have you been to Birmingham though, and Aston/Witton in particular? A lot of Birmingham is made up of black or asian people who have no interest in football or 'support' Man Utd or Liverpool. The areas around VP are virtually all Asian dominated, none of them go to games. Not forgetting we've got Wolves, Albion and Blues who all get 20k+ on our doorstep aswell. It's not like we're Newcastle or Leeds, they're cities with only one club. I wasn't particularly crowing either, i said forgetting home attendances taking 2500 to a semi final 2nd leg, with free tavel, is poor which it is.

Ditto mate, nearly 40% of Blackburn is Asian, again majority are Utd/Liverpool fans. There are only about 6 clubs in the whole of the West Midlands, an area of 3 million people, you don't come close to us when it comes to pulling in fans against the odds.

But yes, I am gutted more aren't travelling tomorrow, but that is our spoilt fan base for you.

Anyway, I have nothing against BRFC and if I was a fan of Rovers I too would be unhappy watching that rubbish Fat Sam puts out.

Cheers Holtenderinthesky, if you're upper tier you could be on eye level with the ball :D

Have a shout for us, got to say though Rovers are capable of beating you at Villa park, but its highly unlikely with our current cautious manager.

arte et labore

Have you been to Birmingham though, and Aston/Witton in particular? A lot of Birmingham is made up of black or asian people who have no interest in football or 'support' Man Utd or Liverpool.

Yes - must admit that Blackburn isn't renowned for its ethnic population :lol:

You talk of other clubs - we have Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Man United all on our doorstep. Not forgetting 3 other Premiership clubs on our doorstep. Oh and clubs like Preston etc all steeped in local tradition and rivalries.

Blackburns attendances are poor - I wish there were more - but the reality is we pull in a greater % of population than any team in the Premiership - while competing for attendances with one of the best supported clubs in the world and other established clubs like Liverpool. Yeh - you have it hard.

Cheers Holtenderinthesky, if you're upper tier you could be on eye level with the ball :D

Have a shout for us, got to say though Rovers are capable of beating you at Villa park, but its highly unlikely with our current cautious manager.

arte et labore

Of course Rovers are capable of winning at VP. You are a Premier League club and so therefore capable of winning anywhere on your day, but we are strong at home and I think we will get through.

Honestly fella, I have respect for the job O'Neills doing and all that shenanighans but I just don't think Villa are a top six team (or good enough for Europe). Scum, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and City are bigger than you and you are clearly not invincible given the quite woeful performance against West Ham at the weekend. The fact that it's one nil suits US actually. I can see Villa playing a 90 minute defensive game tomorrow fearing one counter attack might put to bed their dreams. The anticaption of such a big moment for the club will put the players on edge - do they stay at home or do they look for the killer goal?

I wouldn't be booking my hotel just yet.

You have opened up a can of worms there mate, i take it you havent driven through Blackburn where about a third of the population is of Asian descent. Most arent intrested in footy and a lot of the ones that are stroll round in Utd/Liverpool shirts just like down your way. Taking this into account makes our hardcore support even better.

Yes - must admit that Blackburn isn't renowned for its ethnic population :lol:

You talk of other clubs - we have Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Man United all on our doorstep. Not forgetting 3 other Premiership clubs on our doorstep. Oh and clubs like Preston etc all steeped in local tradition and rivalries.

Blackburns attendances are poor - I wish there were more - but the reality is we pull in a greater % of population than any team in the Premiership - while competing for attendances with one of the best supported clubs in the world and other established clubs like Liverpool. Yeh - you have it hard.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!

You get 22,000 plus for a home game at Ewood so there ARE the fans around and they DO turn up sometimes but you could only sell 12,000 tickets for the home game of the semi final and can only sell 2,000 for the 2nd leg with FREE travel. So this on you doorstep thing doesn't count cos you DO have fans in the area! They just choose not to go.

arte et labore

Though Villa fans won't thank me - I think MON is just a cautious as big Sam - which showed when we beat them in the league. For the talent in their team they should be far more attacking than they are. Having said that - they will defend in numbers and attempt to catch us on the break - which they probably will. People will go on about what a good side Villa are - when the reality is totally different. We also have no chance of an unbiased commentary - not only a big club, but one of the BBC's own as manager.

You get 22,000 plus for a home game at Ewood so there ARE the fans around and they DO turn up sometimes but you could only sell 12,000 tickets for the home game of the semi final and can only sell 2,000 for the 2nd leg with FREE travel. So this on you doorstep thing doesn't count cos you DO have fans in the area! They just choose not to go.

We only need 2,000 - wouldn't want to make your lot's noise seem inadequate, would we?

but I just don't think Villa are a top six team (or good enough for Europe).

Finishing position last year. 6th

Season before... 6th

Current position.........6th...

Hmmmmm

We only need 2,000 - wouldn't want to make your lot's noise seem inadequate, would we?

OUR NOISE?? Did you go to the game on Thursday? You are not in a position to talk about noise. We 5,500 of us sang all the way through and made loads of noise. Or did you not go...?

Honestly fella, I have respect for the job O'Neills doing and all that shenanighans but I just don't think Villa are a top six team (or good enough for Europe). Scum, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and City are bigger than you and you are clearly not invincible given the quite woeful performance against West Ham at the weekend. The fact that it's one nil suits US actually. I can see Villa playing a 90 minute defensive game tomorrow fearing one counter attack might put to bed their dreams. The anticaption of such a big moment for the club will put the players on edge - do they stay at home or do they look for the killer goal?

I wouldn't be booking my hotel just yet.

Theres no way we'll try and defend it, the crowd will be buzzing and the players will feed off it imo. We wouldn't let them sit back, you know what our fans are like! I think we'll go for the jugular, an early goal for us more or less kills it.

Finishing position last year. 6th

Season before... 6th

Current position.........6th...

Hmmmmm

Haha, hide behind the statistics, good one, City only just got their money last year and Spurs are a much improved team in the days before Harry. My prediction for you is 7th, maybe 8th if Birmingham carry on their good run and that's for the next few seasons.

The truth is, for all the finances you have and such a good squad that you have to choose from, you're not really that great to watch are you? I know we have BS, but at least he can hide behind the excuse of little available resources.

Round and round like a dog chasing its tail!

WERE NOT BOTHERED!! :lol:

There are THREE clubs in Birmingham alone plus several league clubs in a 30 mile radius so this "city of a million people" nonsense shows a lack of YOUR understanding.

Birmingham = circa 1,000,000. 1000000/3= 333,333. So you get roughly 10-15% of available population in attendance.

Blackburn = circa 100,000. 100,000/1= 100,000. So we get roughly 25% of population in attendance.

While the maths is in our favur, it is of course all complete BS.

I just hope for a good game and a favourable result (as the villa fans do). We don't have crap support (and nor do villa), we just show how we feel about certain situations at the club. As every bloody club would do.

Of course Rovers are capable of winning at VP. You are a Premier League club and so therefore capable of winning anywhere on your day, but we are strong at home and I think we will get through.

Just hope you play Friedels understudy and the door is open ^_^ .

With OUR window shut and Your door open, should be interesting.

Archived