BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!

You get 22,000 plus for a home game at Ewood so there ARE the fans around and they DO turn up sometimes but you could only sell 12,000 tickets for the home game of the semi final and can only sell 2,000 for the 2nd leg with FREE travel. So this on you doorstep thing doesn't count cos you DO have fans in the area! They just choose not to go.

I think you miss the point - when you have a huge catchment area - if some decide not to go others take their place. Also - our performances at the moment are poor - until the weekend we hadn't won a match since November - and we have one away win in what feels like years. Yes they choose not to go - but nobody can ignore the impact on attendances of not winning matches. Can I ask a question - in some way making a point - but also curious - why were your averages attendances less than 20k in the mid to late eighties - and hovered at less than 35k for much of the 2000's ? Is your capacity not over 42k ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finishing position last year. 6th

Season before... 6th

Current position.........6th...

Hmmmmm

OUR NOISE?? Did you go to the game on Thursday? You are not in a position to talk about noise. We 5,500 of us sang all the way through and made loads of noise. Or did you not go...?

All your hardcore fans we're huddled together giving the impression you're much louder. The reverse will happen at Villa Park, you'll see. That's always the case with away support or do you not watch any games?

OUR NOISE?? Did you go to the game on Thursday? You are not in a position to talk about noise. We 5,500 of us sang all the way through and made loads of noise. Or did you not go...?

Well away fans generally make more noise than home fans, don't they? Away fans are there for the day/night out. If we out-sing you lot on wednesday, you won't be hearing/reading us slagging off your support. It's called respecting other clubs.

There's only TWO things I dislike about Villa. The strip. And you quite simply are not Blackburn Rovers (no disrespect intended, it's just what a fan thinks).

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!

You get 22,000 plus for a home game at Ewood so there ARE the fans around and they DO turn up sometimes but you could only sell 12,000 tickets for the home game of the semi final and can only sell 2,000 for the 2nd leg with FREE travel. So this on you doorstep thing doesn't count cos you DO have fans in the area! They just choose not to go.

Ok shoe on the other foot.....

We are loaded, you are not

You live in one of the poorest areas in England

We are challenging for 4th, your manager is on the brink of the sack and have won 1 in 13

You lost 3-1 at the same away ground a couple of weeks ago

You can see plenty of flaws in your team

and your already 1-0 down from the home leg

How many would Villa take for £29, 1-0 down (with all the above) and its on the TV for free??

Ok shoe on the other foot.....

We are loaded, you are not

You live in one of the poorest areas in England

We are challenging for 4th, your manager is on the brink of the sack and have won 1 in 13

You lost 3-1 at the same away ground a couple of weeks ago

You can see plenty of flaws in your team

and your already 1-0 down from the home leg

How many would Villa take for £29, 1-0 down (with all the above) and its on the TV for free??

What on Earth makes you think we are loaded????

Plus your travel to Brum is FREE..... I paid 20 quid to get to Ewood that I couldn't really afford.

What on Earth makes you think we are loaded????

Plus your travel to Brum is FREE..... I paid 20 quid to get to Ewood that I couldn't really afford.

Yada yada yada.....

It's like a bloody school playground in here. 'My dad's bigger than your dad...' 'We sold more tickets than you sold...' Grow up kiddies!

This'll be my second trip to Villa Park this year and yes I did go to the FA Cup match. Oh and Villa Park had a lot of empty seats that day...

This thread has become pathetic. It's a preview not a willy waving contest.

The head says Villa should win this, the heart says we'll nick it 2-1 off someone's backside, and go through on away goals. Simple fact is we have to score at least twice or go to penalties after winning 1-0 after AET. Should be fun.

• Backroom

Pathetic. Seriously people have signed up just to slag off our attendances? Get a grip, why are people so obsessed with it.

We've had some decent Villa fans here in the past (Tom was decent and Mcads is Ok - but gabriel still dived) but this latest bunch are just arrogant and frankly pointless.

I have to say though the Villa fans were great last week and we were very quiet but the fortunes of the two teams has been opposite ends of the spectrum as of late.

Anyway on to the game, I'm looking forward to it, nothing to lose now, I think the media and neutrals think it's all over and Villa fans seem to already be in their seats at Wembley so pressure off really.

May as well just go for it.

Oh and one more reason we are bound to win

Diouf is back :blink:

This thread has become pathetic. It's a preview not a willy waving contest.

The head says Villa should win this, the heart says we'll nick it 2-1 off someone's backside, and go through on away goals. Simple fact is we have to score at least twice or go to penalties after winning 1-0 after AET. Should be fun.

The exciting bit for me is that we MUST win in order to have any hope of getting through. Draw and loss not good enough, so the only option is to throw all we have at them and hope it's better than what they give on the day. I look forward to it with SOME trepidation, however, as I don't think Sam understands the 'kitchen sink' concept.

Pathetic. Seriously people have signed up just to slag off our attendances? Get a grip, why are people so obsessed with it.

We've had some decent Villa fans here in the past (Tom was decent and Mcads is Ok - but gabriel still dived) but this latest bunch are just arrogant and frankly pointless.

I have to say though the Villa fans were great last week and we were very quiet but the fortunes of the two teams has been opposite ends of the spectrum as of late.

Anyway on to the game, I'm looking forward to it, nothing to lose now, I think the media and neutrals think it's all over and Villa fans seem to already be in their seats at Wembley so pressure off really.

May as well just go for it.

Oh and one more reason we are bound to win

Diouf is back :blink:

I agree mate, I was responding to the animosity from some of your "fans". I only came on to chat about the game but got dragged into this attendance thing. Anyway, we are at home so should hopefully have a better ref than last week, you know they were both pens, how could a running player get out of the way of a chop from a defender? I also think your team will push forward exposing the defence to our counter attack That said you never know in footy, thats why we love it. I hope the ones that DO come to Brum enjoy the day, but not the result.

• Backroom

It will show an interesting side to Sam as he doesn't usually go all out but he has to in a way.

Interestingly that kind of helps both teams in some ways as it plays into Villa's hands with their speed on the break but we are crap at sitting back and are much better when we defend from the front by pegging the opposition back.

I'll be honest I expect it will end up 3-1 to Villa but we may as well give it a go now, all or nothing.

I agree mate, I was responding to the animosity from some of your "fans". I only came on to chat about the game but got dragged into this attendance thing. Anyway, we are at home so should hopefully have a better ref than last week, you know they were both pens, how could a running player get out of the way of a chop from a defender? I also think your team will push forward exposing the defence to our counter attack That said you never know in footy, thats why we love it. I hope the ones that DO come to Brum enjoy the day, but not the result.

The second one (Chimbonda handball) was a penalty. The first one (Agbonlahor) was not because he was falling (diving) before Samba made any kind of contact (that's if there WAS contact; the camera angles are dodgy).

I have a lot of time for Villa fans, I have some good mates who follow them.

There is only one way to sort out this argument.

Rovers have an average of 23000 fans per season Villa average 38000 give or take a few.

Rovers in the past 18 yrs have won the Premier League, been relegated and promoted have won the League Cup and been in 7 semi finals in both the League and FA Cup whereas Villa have won FAFF ALL.

Now then Villa fans, as much as I like and respect you, what would you rather have ? Cups and semis or a big crowd average at home ? (btw your one of the worst away supported clubs in the league if you care to check the away support table considering your home game average).

Tongue in cheek boys but the awards tables dont lie do they ? :rolleyes:

The argument about Blackburn doing well by getting 25% of the town's population inside Ewood doesnt really work as im pretty sure that if the likes of Liverpool/Man Utd/Newcastle's stadiums could accomodate 25% of their city's population, they would fill it.

Really?

The population of the Metropolitan area of Tyneside is 800,000.

Would NUFC get 200.000 fans every game?

You obviously don't remember them being down to gates of 16000 Mellison.

Man Utd wouldn't get 200.000.

I meant in terms of the number of fans, I'm sure they could do that if the stadium were big enough? (perhaps not in the case of newcastle, that was silly, but ManUre? Possibly.)

Archived