BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

I have a lot of time for Villa fans, I have some good mates who follow them.

There is only one way to sort out this argument.

Rovers have an average of 23000 fans per season Villa average 38000 give or take a few.

Rovers in the past 18 yrs have won the Premier League, been relegated and promoted have won the League Cup and been in 7 semi finals in both the League and FA Cup whereas Villa have won FAFF ALL.

Now then Villa fans, as much as I like and respect you, what would you rather have ? Cups and semis or a big crowd average at home ? (btw your one of the worst away supported clubs in the league if you care to check the away support table considering your home game average).

Tongue in cheek boys but the awards tables dont lie do they ? :rolleyes:

I have a lot of respect for Rovers, but you are seriously scraping the barrel with this mate did football only begin when the Premier league started then?

Also if you want to talk about the past 18 years we have WON the league cup twice and been to an F.A cup final along with a semi final also finished 2nd to United in the first season and have never been relegated from it. Also since the premiership began we are the 5th most successful team points wise. I am not crowing just simply pointing out that you are wrong, although I know it sounds like I have got my handbag out!!

Their is also no way we are one of the worst supported teams away from home in the prem.

FWIW I am very worried about tomorrow as we (Villa) don't seem to be able to put the ball in the back of the net these days.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone ever noticed how Villa fans seem to have a fixation with how many tickets are sold and how many empty seats there are? Vis a vis various comments on here & BBC site from Villa supporters (within the UK's 2nd city), plus that silly song they sing that for the life of me I cannot fully comprehend what exactly they are singing in their brummie twang.

I always held a soft spot for villa from their late 70s early 80s team which won the European Cup, plus also having played and won a tournament on VP way back in the day.

But all this empty seats complex from their modern day supporters is all rather anal.

The last post I read was this one earlier in the day. It appears after this one we had lots more Villa fans on here poking at Rovers' support.

Did Boz get it spot on or can we attrack discussion on football from anyone other than McAds?

I quite enjoy a bit of a laugh with the awayers on here an all, but if we must reduce it to the petty squabbles about population v support v ethnic %'age etc etc etc etc etc then I might ask what the point is!

Anyway, in Brum about 3/3.30 tomorrow for a pre match loosening of the vocal chords.

FWIW I am very worried about tomorrow as we (Villa) don't seem to be able to put the ball in the back of the net these days.

Well we have a very similar problem. Also a conceeding goals problem. :(

But yes, I am gutted more aren't travelling tomorrow, but that is our spoilt fan base for you.

its not spoilt ,its not paying to watch sams @#/? negative away tactics. dont give a hoot if its a semi or not i aint paying to another away game whilst he is in charge.

If anyone doubts that the reason our following tomorrow is so poor is because of Allardyce and the style of football then consider this.

We took about 4,500 to Hillsboro in 2002 for a league cup semi. (We took about 4,000 to Wigan for the QF that year)

We took about 4,800 to Old Trafford for a league cup semi.

We took about 15,000 to the Millenium Stadium for an Fa Cup final Semi

We took about 22,500 to Old Trafford for an FA Cup Semi.

If anyone doubts that the reason our following tomorrow is so poor is because of Allardyce and the style of football then consider this.

We took about 4,500 to Hillsboro in 2002 for a league cup semi. (We took about 4,000 to Wigan for the QF that year)

We took about 4,800 to Old Trafford for a league cup semi.

We took about 15,000 to the Millenium Stadium for an Fa Cup final Semi

We took about 22,500 to Old Trafford for an FA Cup Semi.

Aye and i went to all of them,crystal palace,full members,trelleborg etc

SAM AND HIS ARROGENCE AND NEGATIVITY IS THE REASON I FOR ONE AINT GOING! CONSIDERED.

We also sold out our 30k allocation in 2002 without the tickets ever going on general sale. Our support tomorrow, however, will be pretty poor, it has to be said. How many would have gone had there not been free coach travel? Spoon fed and spoilt we most certainly are but a great gesture once again by BRFC and I will be there. :brfc:

its not spoilt ,its not paying to watch sams @#/? negative away tactics. dont give a hoot if its a semi or not i aint paying to another away game whilst he is in charge.

I know what you are saying, Allardyce has drained the life out of me this season, coming back from City I was saying 'that's it, no more while this guy's in charge'

But Ive thought about it and this is MY club, not Allardyce's, I can't miss a cup semi final, we are a game away from another massive achievement against the odds.

Blackburn Rovers FC deserves our support.

We also sold out our 30k allocation in 2002 without the tickets ever going on general sale. Our support tomorrow, however, will be pretty poor, it has to be said. How many would have gone had there not been free coach travel? Spoon fed and spoilt we most certainly are but a great gesture once again by BRFC and I will be there. :brfc:

Did we have 30k STH's that year???? Or have I mis-understood?

Does anyone know the true population of the second City ? After all it has a fair old size and a good old number of illegals that we dont know about !!!

Seriously, there is no doubt Villa are the better supported. My comments were in jest of you read them but really, as a Town Team we have a regular support whereas if we had a city three times the size we would no doubt be better off support wise.

Our success is more than comparable to Villas over the years. Yes you won a Euro cup and we won the Full Members Trophy, we regularly did the play offs and you got to a few semis (does that include the fact that the semis were often played at Villa Park ?).

We have had our successes through history as have you but for the size of the club I reckon ours is far better placed in the historybooks.

Does anyone know the true population of the second City ? After all it has a fair old size and a good old number of illegals that we dont know about !!!

Seriously, there is no doubt Villa are the better supported. My comments were in jest of you read them but really, as a Town Team we have a regular support whereas if we had a city three times the size we would no doubt be better off support wise.

Our success is more than comparable to Villas over the years. Yes you won a Euro cup and we won the Full Members Trophy, we regularly did the play offs and you got to a few semis (does that include the fact that the semis were often played at Villa Park ?).

We have had our successes through history as have you but for the size of the club I reckon ours is far better placed in the historybooks.

Bang on, apart from the 'better supported' comment, they have more fans but they are not better supported.

Watched their game at the weekend, no chance of them being as shoite again I suppose.

Come out of the blocks all guns blazing, 3 up at half time, super sub comes on and we go down 4-3, Oh well we gave it a go. :D

There is every chance of them being as bad again if we adopt the sort of tactics Sparky used when playing opponents who turned clueless if we really were prepared to get into their faces.

Sam prefers players to be static holding their positions- hence in the last five Villa games, Wenger, Rafa (God help us!) and Zola have sussed Villa out and stopped them from scoring in 270 minutes whilst we've been routed by Villa twice (thankfully we got taken apart in the first half at Ewood and only conceded one).

If we don't get through, I will not be accepting it is the players or the board or the owners, it will be the manager who is at fault.

My goodness Sam is dumb- what is he trying to do?

One more seriously bad half of football at Ewood and the fans he holds in such obvious disdain are going to let him have it with no holding back.

Is anyone else going to the Cap & Gown for pre-match refreshments?

Couple of us travelling up and in Brum from about 5.30pm. Will pop in for an hour then in a box for the game - no doubt we will be the ones been thrown out when we go 2-0 up with 3 mins to go !!!!

Won't miss this for the world. Our support is poor. But this is down to the life being sucked out of the club by big sams tactics. One thing for sure - think providing our 2,500 get a couple of pints down em beforehand that we will make plenty of noise. Villa get good gates at home but are the biggest bunch of moaners (it is the brummy accent - it comes natural to them) around and if we can stifle them and nick a goal there so called wonderful supporters will be on their back.

FWIW seen Rovers take good and bad followings to the villa and vice versa seen villa take decent vocal followings when playing decent footbally and horrendous followings (c. 700-800) to ewood.

Get behind the boys tomorrow win lose or draw and lets show these brummies that we are better fans than they give us credit for.

UP THE BLUES

Media spin added to it - in the original he said he understood its an extra cost to fans and not everyone can afford with times being hard. He did however make the comment about fans wanting final tickets, and to be fair he's right....ignore the article.

As for how we will approach tomorrow -

Allardyce's optimism may seem misplaced, but he is experienced enough to know that nerves can affect both teams in a semi-final when one goal could change everything. "The first goal will be critical, and we have to make sure we are the ones who score it," he said. "That means being patient, first and foremost, nullifying Villa's strengths and trying to frustrate them. We know what their attacking players can do, and if we let Villa get the best out of them it will lift the crowd. Our job is to try to dampen the atmosphere, keep everything quiet, and then start probing for a goal of our own.

My goodness Sam is dumb- what is he trying to do?

One more seriously bad half of football at Ewood and the fans he holds in such obvious disdain are going to let him have it with no holding back.

I thought it was quite funny. Provided we actually get to the final.... If we don't then he is going to put himself under more pressure. A la Cloughie you need to back up bold moves with bold (and fruitful) performances.

Archived