BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

‘If the fans aren’t as excited as we are then it’s hard luck.

Well maybe if he and the players tried to look a bit more enthusiastic themselves it might help. Of course there's spin in that article but he's not gonna gain friends with those kind of comments.

Allardyce's optimism may seem misplaced' date=' but he is experienced enough to know that nerves can affect both teams in a semi-final when one goal could change everything. "The first goal will be critical, and we have to make sure we are the ones who score it," he said. "That means being patient, first and foremost, nullifying Villa's strengths and trying to frustrate them. We know what their attacking players can do, and if we let Villa get the best out of them it will lift the crowd. Our job is to try to dampen the atmosphere, keep everything quiet, and then start probing for a goal of our own.

[/quote']

In other words try to do what we've unsucessfully being trying half the season. Keeping it tight, which we're terrible at, and trying to nick a goal. Well one goal ain't gonna do us tomorrow.

On BBC before he racked up a fair few excuses. We must have a really, really good day, Villa must have a really bad day. Blinking heck, Villa are good but they're hardly Real Madrid!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've barely sold half our allocation for a cup semi - Sam has every right to say that we're not excited about this game. However much you may hate him or disagree with his tactics you cannot deny that by only selling 2k tickets for a 6k allocation for a league cup semi final is pathetic. Is it his fault for mentioning it in the media or is it the fans fault for not turning up? i think i know which is the bigger crime.

Anyway, the match, we need to go postive. If we go down, we go down fighting:

The magicalmortensleftpeg easy route to Wembley XI:

Robinson

Emerton Nelsen Samba Chimbonda

Hoilett Reid Dunn Olsson

Kalinic McCarthy

Job done.

The crime is Sam making too many balls ups for the fans to have retained any patience, never mind enthusiasm.

Anyway, I think Villa are there for the taking tomorrow night, I really do.

Let's see Sam has the gumptience to cease the opportunity staring him full in the face.

I really hope Kalinic comes good, he's been unlucky so many times and it would just be brilliant if it all comes together and he scores to take us to Wembley.

Not to enthusiastic about Sam's comments, perhaps he is playing mind games!

After tomorrows trip, altogether I will have travelled over 1000 miles to watch both legs. Why? Because I love it and am going to sing my heart out again!!!!

Oh when the Blues,

(Oh when the Blues),

Go marching in,

(Go marching in),

Oh when the Blues go marching in...

I want to be in that number,

Oh when the Blues go marching in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:brfc::)

If our stayaway fans in the 1st leg had turned out in force then i dont think our away following would have made such major news. To have 10000 down is scandalous to me granted not everyone was/is still happy about Big Sam but to boycott in such a way to me doesn't get rid of the manager more affects money coming in to the club which in turn will have John Williams thinking what more can i do as £15 for a semi final is great value. Not only that it also caused ridicule from fans/sports shows etc up and down the country. We have been offered free travel for a semi final 2nd leg with a chance to get to Wembley and yet again people have scoffed at it but no doubt if we do win tomorrow will be straight on the internet booking London hotels for the weekend. When people say now our support is f**king ###### sadly i'm inclined to believe them as i always thought you should support them through good and bad times and most at the moment are proving otherwise. No doubt by the time i get back tomorrow there will either be 5-10 pages on how s**t we were or the same amount on where are you staying for the weekend i have booked ..... I hope your proud for deserting the club you supposedly love and enjoy your pint in the local as us true fans will be there giving it loud and proud to follow our beloved BRFC!!!

http://www.dailymail...0#ixzz0d6LvyFBb

Nice one Sam, agree or disagree not the greatest headlines for the fans to wake up to.

I think the headline is the bigger problem for Allardyce and there is definetely some spin in this article. However the manager has enough experience to know such comments will be spun into a headline and he should know better. Of course one probem for him is that if we get to Wembley getting tickets will be a doddle. Expensive but a doddle, and I do wonder how many we would take, not as many as went to Cardiff I'd guess.

I truely do not understand Sam Allardyce. This man is so bloody miserable, negative in the extreme, he has nothing positive to say about our team and club. I enjoyed Sunday's game and left the ground feeling good about the chances for tonight. Last night I watched The Expert being interviewed by the BBC, so there was no spin as I could see him speak, and if he's true to his word we are in for another night of sh!t football, 4-5-1, sit back, silence the crowd and hope to nick it. Is it any wonder only 1500-2500 fans are going? We HAVE to score twice to stand a reasonable chance. If we get the usual Allardyce rubbish we'll be looking to contain them for 75 minutes and score two in the last 15. laugh.gif

Compare O'Neill and Allardyce on the Beeb last night. You can chose between a forward looking, articulate manager and a dour, beaten before we start manager. Difficult? If we go down having tried to win I will be OK with it, if we go down after sitting back for 90 minutes I will be furious. After listening to Allardyce last night I know what I'm expecting. So go on Sam surprise us all. Make the missing fans regret their decision, you know it makes sense.

The sooner Allardyce leaves Ewood the better.......................and yes if we bore the pants off everyone with 4-5-1 and win I'll cheer as hard as anyone. I'll cheer the team, not the man who manages it.

All I want is for the lads to fight and battle for every ball and attack them from the first minute. If we get battered 3-0 by doing so so then so be it. If we sit back and lose 1-0 or get a 0-0 I'll be angry and Fat Sam deserves to be sacked. Yes it is the cup and not as important as league survival, but we are on national tv and we have pride tonplay for if nothing else. If Sam uses his usual bullshit tactics then we are out. If we give it everything and wear our hearts on our sleeves, then I think we have a chance.

I don't think anyone here would be angry if we went down fighting, but if we set up like we did in the first half of the first leg, then I'm sure everyone will be very annoyed. If we sit back they WILL score and it'll be no use deciding to attack when 2-0 down on aggregate. We need the first goal and we need it as early as possible.

Don't let us down Sam, give us a chance to get to Wembley. Throw caution to the wind, take a leaf out of Leeds and Readings book and all the great underdogs down the years. What we can't match them in skill, make up for it with hardworks and endeavor. Please Sam, we are begging you! Play defensive and I and I'm sure a lot of other Rovers fans will lose what little respect we have left for you.

It's a good speech by Sam but some will obviously try to twist it. Sam and the lads must be gutted that we've sold so few tickets.

I like many can not make it to the semi due to work commitments, sad but true. :angry2: I hope the fans that are going give it their all and have a great night, if we go out with the side we played against Fulham we'll stand a good chance.

If Sam plays either of these two clowns then he's really lost the plot.Just been looking at his "probable"team and can only sincerely hope it's not the one he fields.We need two (at least) goals yet still he does'nt put Di Santo up front with Kalinic (hope he's not injured) also his "probable" team includes Pederson but no Hoilet.It also is apparent that he will blame everybody for Rovers woes including the fans but shoulders no blame himself.

Put this little sign on your desk Sam "The buck stops here"

Still praying for a win but nails will be bitten I think.

If Sam plays either of these two clowns then he's really lost the plot.Just been looking at his "probable"team and can only sincerely hope it's not the one he fields.We need two (at least) goals yet still he does'nt put Di Santo up front with Kalinic (hope he's not injured) also his "probable" team includes Pederson but no Hoilet.It also is apparent that he will blame everybody for Rovers woes including the fans but shoulders no blame himself.

Put this little sign on your desk Sam "The buck stops here"

Still praying for a win but nails will be bitten I think.

I think its more likely his desk sign says "Rule 1 The boss is always right" on the reverse it says "when the boss is wrong see rule 1"

Blackburn rovers deserve a good following at villa park..end of....the football isnt good but its another semi that we should be going to,im tired of hearing this excuse about rovers fans being 'spoilt' by these semi final games,we support our side for various reasons,one of them being we want sucess for the club,yet a pathetic 15k turn up for a home semi,whilst a mere 1500-2000 are making their way to villa park...what a disgrace!,illbe going tonight ive been hassling the wife all week as im unemployed but i love the the buzz of cup games.....take the post which ever way you want,end of the day,look back in history,its not the first time the excuses are ringing out.

The crime is Sam making too many balls ups for the fans to have retained any patience, never mind enthusiasm.

Rubbish phillipl. You support the club not individuals. I support Blackburn Rovers - not the manager, not the overpaid players who seem to play if the mood takes them, and not the owners who seem to have left John Williams to manage as best he can without financial support.

Times have been far worse than this. Let's be honest, when we were at the foot of the Third Division you couldn't dream of being 12th in the top division and in a major semi-final. I do agree with Sam when he says that Blackburn fans have been spoilt and seem to believe that the Jack Walker era is still with us today. The Trust are not Jack Walker and today we have reverted to what we have been in the past - a small town club struggling to survive. When looked at in those terms I believe that we are doing pretty well to be honest.

Does anyone know the answer to this??

Blackburn have had six semi-finals in eight years now, how many have Villa had?

I dont know why but im really excited/ nervous about tonight and I believe we can do it....dont know why but iv just got a feeling..

Allardyce's optimism may seem misplaced, but he is experienced enough to know that nerves can affect both teams in a semi-final when one goal could change everything. "The first goal will be critical, and we have to make sure we are the ones who score it," he said. "That means being patient, first and foremost, nullifying Villa's strengths and trying to frustrate them. We know what their attacking players can do, and if we let Villa get the best out of them it will lift the crowd. Our job is to try to dampen the atmosphere, keep everything quiet, and then start probing for a goal of our own.

My God..never have I seen such a hold them and nick it in the last ten minutes speech in all my life. Lets be honest here Villa are more than likely going to get at least one goal. Therefore at a guess we're going to need at least two to get to extra time. This philosophy will not work Sam and it hasn't all season.

I truely do not understand Sam Allardyce. This man is so bloody miserable, negative in the extreme, he has nothing positive to say about our team and club. I enjoyed Sunday's game and left the ground feeling good about the chances for tonight. Last night I watched The Expert being interviewed by the BBC, so there was no spin as I could see him speak, and if he's true to his word we are in for another night of sh!t football, 4-5-1, sit back, silence the crowd and hope to nick it. Is it any wonder only 1500-2500 fans are going? We HAVE to score twice to stand a reasonable chance. If we get the usual Allardyce rubbish we'll be looking to contain them for 75 minutes and score two in the last 15.

Just seen what Paul's written - Nail on head.

Does anyone know the answer to this??

Blackburn have had six semi-finals in eight years now, how many have Villa had?

I dont know why but im really excited/ nervous about tonight and I believe we can do it....dont know why but iv just got a feeling..

Wasnt their last one against Bolton in 0304?

Rubbish phillipl. You support the club not individuals. I support Blackburn Rovers - not the manager, not the overpaid players who seem to play if the mood takes them, and not the owners who seem to have left John Williams to manage as best he can without financial support.

Times have been far worse than this. Let's be honest, when we were at the foot of the Third Division you couldn't dream of being 12th in the top division and in a major semi-final. I do agree with Sam when he says that Blackburn fans have been spoilt and seem to believe that the Jack Walker era is still with us today. The Trust are not Jack Walker and today we have reverted to what we have been in the past - a small town club struggling to survive. When looked at in those terms I believe that we are doing pretty well to be honest.

Good post but Phil jumped on the anti-Sam band wagon a week or two ago and has to go on like this to prove his credentials. How he'll get over his disappointment and embarassment if we turn the corner only he knows.

Archived