BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flitcroft And Jansen

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Radio Lancs before the Hull game, there was a brief recording payed of the do at Blues Bar. Jansen confirmed he had been told by SGE he was going to the World Cup, had his suit measured and so on. The night we lost 4-3 at Anfield (Great match) and Arsenal won the league at Old Trafford, SGE met Tord Grip on the way back down south (One had been at Anfield the other Old Trafford) and Grip convinced SGE to drop Matt and take Keown, who did not play a single minute in the World Cup.

Went to watch a friend of mine who plays for Chorley tonight up against Leigh. Matt played and scored a hat-trick in a 4-3 win. Fantastic game and Matt was a joy to watch - his third in particular was a stunning effort.

I was also at the leigh v rossendale game and although matts hatrick beat my team it brought back plenty of happy memories.....preston away the first to spring to mind :)

According to their website, the game only attracted 61 people in a ground which holds over 10,000.

I'm just wondering why are they playing in a stadium that big when they could just have a park pitch with a bit of rope seperating the fans from the pitch. Surely it costs them a lot of money to play there.

According to their website, the game only attracted 61 people in a ground which holds over 10,000.

I'm just wondering why are they playing in a stadium that big when they could just have a park pitch with a bit of rope seperating the fans from the pitch. Surely it costs them a lot of money to play there.

They actually played the game at Chorley, so they weren't even playing in that huge stadium.

The stadium has all but decided that Genesis can't play there anymore and Leigh Centurions aren't too taken with it either.

They actually played the game at Chorley, so they weren't even playing in that huge stadium.

The stadium has all but decided that Genesis can't play there anymore and Leigh Centurions aren't too taken with it either.

I thought I noticed a couple of extra cars parked outside last night. I would have gone on if I'd have known Matty was playing, it's virtually my back garden Victory Park.

20051_1313371707484_1026398970_973786_2135780_n.jpg

I thought I noticed a couple of extra cars parked outside last night. I would have gone on if I'd have known Matty was playing, it's virtually my back garden Victory Park.

20051_1313371707484_1026398970_973786_2135780_n.jpg

Ace photo!

Leigh are at Chorley quite a lot till the end of the season. In fact, it is Chorley vs Leigh next Saturday (27th Feb). Only £3.50 if you take your Rovers season ticket.

Why do I have to pay extra if I am a Rovers ST holder? :D

:D

If anyone fancies watching Jansen and Flitcroft in action tomorrow they are playing Chorley at Victory Park.

Ticket prices are as follows:

ADULTS... £7.00

CONCESSIONS... £3.50

(includes OAP's, Students, Premier/Football League Season Ticket Holders)

UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN (Up to 16)... £1.00

ACCOMPANIED CHILDREN (Up to 16)... FREE

• 2 months later...

Flitcroft is the new Chorley FC manager, according to the Guardian. Hope he brings Matt with him.

The Chorley Guardian?

Nothing was supposed to be decided until the 10th as the chairman is still on holiday.

Will be good if it is true, although he wont have nearly as big a wage bill to play with than when he was at Leigh - one of thier players was on £800/week!

I was told today that Flitcroft is the new manager. Seems a strange move for him if true - I thought he left Leigh because the finance was pulled early this year? He's hardly going to be rolling in it at Chorley. Still, if true, good on Ken and Chorley an ambitious move.

Didn't know about the ST scheme, that's a good idea and they should push it more.

Ken's back on the 11th, and the Guardian says they expect Shagger to be announced as the new gaffer then. Waywell was quoted as saying he has no problem with "Mr Flitcroft", so he seems to think Gaz will be his successor.

I heard he quit as manager due to the Leigh stadium village picking and choosing when Leigh could play home games at the stadium. Think they played 8 ‘ home ‘ games at other grounds this season.

Shame for Leigh but good news for Chorley, especially if he can get Matty in as well now he's lookig for a new club.

I heard he quit as manager due to the Leigh stadium village picking and choosing when Leigh could play home games at the stadium. Think they played 8 home games at other grounds this season.

Shame for Leigh but good news for Chorley, especially if he can get Matty in as well now he's lookig for a new club.

Be interesting to see how Flitty gets on with the Chorley Chairman, who has with previous managers, allegedly undermined their authority :(

since when did you become the fountain of knowledge for non-local football? :D

I've got my fingers in many footballing pies :D

From that article in the Guardian, he does look like a highway or the highway kind of manager Kelbo. Just hope Flitty is given a chance as I imagine he would have had a few decent clubs after his services.

Archived