BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flitcroft And Jansen

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think i will be paying a vist to Victory Park next season then.

Which could also mean that my 4 year old grandson's first taste of live footy will be to see a Rovers legend!!

There's only one Matt Jansen.

It wasn't that long a go that Chorley were desperate for finances to keep the gate unlocked, has Ken found a few quid under the sofa?

Anyway, anybody know Matty did at Leigh? I can't recall seeing his name of the team sheet too often and not many goals too his name, but I've only taken a casual interest. You'd think that on talent alone he should be untouchable in non-league footie.

It wasn't that long a go that Chorley were desperate for finances to keep the gate unlocked, has Ken found a few quid under the sofa?

Anyway, anybody know Matty did at Leigh? I can't recall seeing his name of the team sheet too often and not many goals too his name, but I've only taken a casual interest. You'd think that on talent alone he should be untouchable in non-league footie.

He's scored a fair few goals I think, scored a hattrick against Rossendale. When he played for Leigh at Chorley, he was a class above everyone else. The thing is though, in that league it doesn't always make a difference. You can tell he is much better, but when he's got two people marking him the entire game then it makes things difficult.

Good point, choke him out. Just think, if someone had told Matty back in 2001 that in 2010 you'll be playing in the mighty black and white stripes for the Magpies he'd have probably have been quite happy!

• 2 weeks later...

confirmed today that Jansen has joined Chorley as player/coach after being signed by the new Chorley manager Gary Flitcroft.

I will be going to a few games at Victory Park next season.

Chorley fans (all 17 of them) will get the chance to meet Flitty and Matty at a "Meet the Manager" session at 7.30pm at the Victory Park Social Club this Friday (tomorrow).

Good luck lads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The league which Chorley are in is the 8th level down (Prem, Championship, League 1, League 2, Conference, Conference North, Evo Stik Premier, Evo Stik North)

They moved from Leigh who are in the same division, Leigh finished 6th last season and Chorley 16th but how much of that was down to Flitty not 100% certain can't find anywhere at the min that says where they finished the season before that

Archived