BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

He'll be on good money. He signed a new contract when he had that good run of form for us a few years ago. With the way we throw money about I'd wager he's picking up £30k a week.

Can't wait to get him off the books. Seems like a decent bloke and he's a useful footballer, but he's far too injury prone.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily 30k - the summer after he had been fantastic for us, when United were linked - he very nearly jumped ship to Spurs, but instead signed a new deal for us. So given his form & interest at that time, he will be on at least 30k.

Let him go.....

Well apparently West Brom are going to offer him £25,000 a week, so I can't imagine he's on much more than that.

They hold the ace card though - what would you rather if you was Reid? £0 a week or £25k and likely premier league footy?!

That goal against Wigan on New Year 2005/6 is one of the best goals I've had the privelege of seeing live.

Agree, I still find it a bit scarey

Good luck to Reid. Good attitude and a decent player when fit but it surely has to be time for both parties to move on.

Sky are saying he might not be playing today,hamstring again,yeah think it's time we partied company...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good footballer, sad to see him go and would have retained him instead of the Irish oaf.

Don't want to start that one again but I still would.

2 year deal, similar money, he'd stay IMO, Sam obviously has other ideas, no doubt he's one of the lambs, allowing Guti's arrival.

Don't want to start that one again but I still would.

2 year deal, similar money, he'd stay IMO, Sam obviously has other ideas, no doubt he's one of the lambs, allowing Guti's arrival.

Similar money? Come on, he's eating up somewhere from 1-1.5 million a year from us on his current deal for almost no games, and none at his previous level. I wouldn't pay him more than 5k p/w with a nice appearance bonus. If he'd take that, which he wouldn't, I'd keep him. We need to let him go to free up wages, which we pay out far too much on.

You do usual find that players who put their self about do tend to pick up more injuries, I'm surprised that certain players can go all season without their finger getting broke. ;)

Are you referring to John Terry? He "puts himself about", and I can think of a few good reasons he would break his finger as a result ;-)

Similar money? Come on, he's eating up somewhere from 1-1.5 million a year from us on his current deal for almost no games, and none at his previous level. I wouldn't pay him more than 5k p/w with a nice appearance bonus. If he'd take that, which he wouldn't, I'd keep him. We need to let him go to free up wages, which we pay out far too much on.

You are a cheap skate. ;)

Are you referring to John Terry? He "puts himself about", and I can think of a few good reasons he would break his finger as a result ;-) :lol:

Never rated Reid that highly. In SEVEN years, he's had one good season, scored one good goal, and has been missing with injuries ever since. Good luck to him in the future.

Is that because They have contributed far more to us??

If Reid had played the same games as them this season, he would have contributed more. Diouf is lazy, and Pedersen is lazy and soft - at least Reidy was fully committed on the pitch.

I think Reid was worth another season to prove his fitness ..... far better to give him 12 months pay-as-you-play than £6m plus to MGP over 4 years.

Archived