BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

Bish - in the last half of the season before he got injured he was quality....and would be a MASSIVE improvement on our current midfield if he could have regained that form. No tinted specs needed to see that!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bish - in the last half of the season before he got injured he was quality....and would be a MASSIVE improvement on our current midfield if he could have regained that form. No tinted specs needed to see that!

'Form' being the operative word. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Reid had a purple patch, but the majority of his career at Rovers was decidedly average.

'Form' being the operative word. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Reid had a purple patch, but the majority of his career at Rovers was decidedly average.

True....but a fit Reid, on form, WOULD be a massive improvement on our midfield - shame it didnt work out for him & us.

Best of luck, move on & use his wages to better effect!

At his best, he was very good. Wasn't there talk of Man U being interested at one stage. After a shaky start for us he played very well. Had a great shot and have seen some spectacular shots going way over the bar plus a few going in. Very athletic at his best. Glad he is going to get achance of some regular football after all the injuries.

Never reached his potential, yes partially thru injury but I always had my doubts about his mental strength.

He was always complimentary about the club and seemed a genuine nice fella - in reflection if he had "an edge" to him he would have been a much more effective player. He had the physical attributes and the technique, but not the presence. A bit of Robbie Savage in him would have resulted in a fine player - a player that would ahve left us for Manu rather than West Brom.

Yeah he was decent, and average before that. He would certainly be useful in our current midfield but that is not saying much. Like I said, he was a decent player and good luck to him. He has cost us a fortune over the last few years though...

Never reached his potential, yes partially thru injury but I always had my doubts about his mental strength.

He was always complimentary about the club and seemed a genuine nice fella - in reflection if he had "an edge" to him he would have been a much more effective player. He had the physical attributes and the technique, but not the presence. A bit of Robbie Savage in him would have resulted in a fine player - a player that would ahve left us for Manu rather than West Brom.

Not sure what you are getting at here. Reidy was hard as nails and used to put it about.

Archived