BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Catering Changes

Paul

A message appeared on the big screen several times on Sunday announcing Rovers have made chnages to the food and catering policy in the stadium. There was a link to the official site for more detail but I can't find anything.

Anyone know what this is about? Can I still take my flask? sad.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are going to make it mandatory to take into the ground, and consume, vast amounts of pochin during games to help ease tension amongst fans and ease the pressure on the manager.

I'm not sure how the reaction from fans will be though when they can see 3 Keith Andrews across the midfield. :blink:

A message appeared on the big screen several times on Sunday announcing Rovers have made chnages to the food and catering policy in the stadium. There was a link to the official site for more detail but I can't find anything.

Anyone know what this is about? Can I still take my flask? sad.gif

I can only assume it's referring to the change made before Christmas, where you are not allowed to bring hot food into the ground unless it's bought from one of the vans inside the stadium area, which are licensed by the club and sell their food in Rovers branded packaging. It doesn't affect people bringing in their own sandwiches and flasks.

I'm at the Fans Forum tonight so I'll ask if it's anything different and where it is on the website.

You are In the JW Upper aren't you Paul, so as long as your flask is tartan you'll be OK biggrin.gif

That's OK then - got a new one for Christmas with matching rug and muffler.

I'm at the Fans Forum tonight so I'll ask if it's anything different and where it is on the website.

02G - Can you check feedback on the screen and what if anything they are doing. Im aware there was a thread on the official site about it and Iv also heard many people moan about it being too small to read....is there anything they can do to adjust it?

I can only assume it's referring to the change made before Christmas, where you are not allowed to bring hot food into the ground unless it's bought from one of the vans inside the stadium area, which are licensed by the club and sell their food in Rovers branded packaging. It doesn't affect people bringing in their own sandwiches and flasks.

This is where it is on the website ... although it took me a while to find it.

It's linked from the "Club" tab on the page called Concourse Catering, via a box which gets a bit lost around all the adverts - you need to scroll to find it as well.

Re the catering, there was a fella having a right argument outside the Riverside the other day about taking in a cup of tea from McDonalds. They said he couldn't take it in because he could buy it on the inside, and his argument was that they don't sell black tea so that isn't his fault.

I've got to say I do think it is a bit daft, I'm not sure it is going to make more people buy food on the inside. You could walk to McDonalds, sit down and eat a meal and be back again in the time it takes to get served in the Riverside.

Do we honestly not have better things to worry about?!

The catering thing is an absolute joke... I had brought a McDonalds into the ground a few weeks ago and the steward nearest me deamed it neccessary to call up the biggest bloke around to come and have a word in my ear about my horrific crime. The most annoying thing is when a group of drunk people in front decide to stand all game blocking people's views Mr Macho is nowhere to be seen...

• Backroom

Before the Chelsea game I saw a guy get told he couldn't take his 20 nuggets in with him. His girlfriend had already gone in so he had to either leave them or eat them all himself before going in

They don't even sell nuggets inside

Slightly off topic - but does anyone else agree the new screen looks a bit daft - it's not as big as the last one, so looks a bit weird in the 'frame' it's in.

hahaha i cant see it any more its like a frigging portable .

black tea

hahaha had an argument last season when they wouldnt serve me because its racist...they would sell me coffee without milk.i ordered one and when they brought i told them to shove it up their arse.

Hello! First post!

I can understand the clubs stance on the catering policy, it's possibly one of the ways they saw how they could make some money at the start of the season as part of the 'Taking Back Ewood' campaign.

I noticed on the 'official' forum a few months back that this was discussed and clarified by the club. Anything which is clearly brought from home e.g. a flask or sandwich, pie in a container would be acceptable. Anything bought from an 'outside' caterer would be confiscated!

x

I checked tonight and the message was just a reinforcement of the policy introduced before Christmas. To see the policy follow Tris' link above.

On the screen the club are aware that there are issues and are working to make the print bigger. The new screen is much sharper but they still need to work on getting the font sizes right.

hahaha had an argument last season when they wouldnt serve me because its racist...they would sell me coffee without milk.i ordered one and when they brought i told them to shove it up their arse.

I'm going to call you on this, I don't think it ever happened. The whole black coffee/tea being considered a racist term is simply a myth. I go on "fairness in action" courses regularly and exactly this is used as an example of people falsely believing everything is overly PC.

Archived