BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Catering Changes

Paul

hahaha had an argument last season when they wouldnt serve me because its racist...they would sell me coffee without milk.i ordered one and when they brought i told them to shove it up their arse.

I'm going to call you on this, I don't think it ever happened. The whole black coffee/tea being considered a racist term is simply a myth. I go on "fairness in action" courses regularly and exactly this is used as an example of people falsely believing everything is overly PC.

you can call me fella but i swear on my kids life its true ,i didnt make it up ..JHC!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure your not meant to take tins of pop into the ground yet my grandma gets in ever week with one slipped away in her bag!

Lets face it, if you walk up to the turnstiles with a Maccers in your hand you won't be able to bring it in, but if you decide to put it in you pocket I'm sure you'll have no problems.

I have to admit that as season ticket holders for many years, we will not be renewing next season.

The only thing that has been keeping us coming to the matches lately based on the poor entertainment value on the pitch , is the chips from the chinese chippy outside of Ewood.

When we played Sunderland however we were not allowed entry into the ground with the chips as the steward on the gates pointed to a sign outside that says that no food or drinks are now allowed to be brought into the ground.

How does this stand with flasks etc ?

well thats it for me folks, no chips no season ticket !

I have to admit that as season ticket holders for many years, we will not be renewing next season.

The only thing that has been keeping us coming to the matches lately based on the poor entertainment value on the pitch , is the chips from the chinese chippy outside of Ewood.

When we played Sunderland however we were not allowed entry into the ground with the chips as the steward on the gates pointed to a sign outside that says that no food or drinks are now allowed to be brought into the ground.

Pathetic reasoning if I may say so :tu:

You being sarcastic or serious?! :lol::blink:

Another lame excuse. Sounds like Blueheart has joined club wagster. Have you thought about finishing your chips before you go in? Surely there cant be that many left by the time you get to the turnstyle?

If you bothered to read the rules that are available for all to see on the rovers website, you will see that flasks and consumables brought from home are permitted.

It's 'elf and safety - apparently the catering risk assessment identified a potential slipping hazard from discarded greasy chip papers.

• 7 months later...

Er, get there a bit earlier. Scoff your chips outside the ground and then go in just before kick off. Problem solved...

(What a daft excuse...)

Clayton's pies are a big improvement from those Hollands ones made by Dingles that no doubt had spit and bogies in them.

My gripe is that the staff still pour one pint at a time, they seem incapable of more than one task at a time such as adding up, taking your money and pouring a pint. Why can't we have someone pouring pints and someone else serving?

Clayton's pies are a big improvement from those Hollands ones made by Dingles that no doubt had spit and bogies in them.

My gripe is that the staff still pour one pint at a time, they seem incapable of more than one task at a time such as adding up, taking your money and pouring a pint. Why can't we have someone pouring pints and someone else serving?

A lot of the bars have machines that can pour multiple pints so that they can be ready to be served off the shelf. Unfortunately the trouble is that a lot of fans won't buy them - they want to see a fresh one poured from the pump.

Had a cottage pie last week and it was by far the best I'd had at a football ground, it was huge and very tasty not even being biased.

Went to the Edinburgh derby last season and had a haggis pie at Tynecastle which was good, also remember getting a Lamb and mint one from Craven cottage, pretty sure it was from there.

• 1 month later...

Archived