SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peeves.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arthritis NOT Arthur itis

A disease of Arthurs ?

Don't know about Scousepool, but adding extra syllables to words is one of the west of Scotland's most endearing traits. <_<

"I'm daein' ma i-ur-nin'" (ironing)

"I need a new ty-ur fur ma motor" (tyre)

etc

• Manc. dialect that's killed off the letter 't' in Lancashire speech
    e.g. "I'll see you lay ah (later)". Probably due to an overkill of a certain TV soap opera.
  • Soap operas.
  • Noisy kids in pubs. Correction, kids in pubs.
  • People who whistle, especially the warbler types who think everyone's impressed with their 'skill'.
  • Scousers - they're a laugh & everyone loves 'em.
  • Yanks - they're the only people on the planet.
  • Johnathan Woss- a TV pwesenter who can't speak pwoperwy and is paid a fortune for it.
  • Compensation seekers when the money isn't actually compensating money lost.
  • TV programs that keep interrupting the adverts.

I'm off to bed. 'night all

e.g. "I'll see you lay ah (later)". Probably due to an overkill of a certain TV soap opera.
  • Soap operas.
  • People who whistle, especially the warbler types who think everyone's impressed with their 'skill'.
  • Johnathan Woss- a TV pwesenter who can't speak pwoperwy and is paid a fortune for it.

Yeah, stop in bed. F*** me

• Soap operas.

I take exception to that. Just because he can't pronounce his R's? He's still a very good preseter and Friday nights will be dull after the end of his last series. You must be a nightmare to live with!

• Backroom

I hate the fact that they took all the good fatty stuff out of my favourite crisps.

Put the artificial flavourings back in my worcster sauce wheat crunchies dammit I don't care if it turns me into a baboon or what not I can make the choice to take that risk myself.

One of my flat mates (I've not been petty enough to find out which) has a habit of closing over the lid on the toothpast tube but not actually clicking it shut, which for some reason annoys the living hell out of me.

Because it goes hard and you have to either clean it with hot water or use the crusty bit on your teeth. EDIT: I call this the sauce bottle issue

The other one is vegemite (or marmite) in your butter or when people use a wet spoon in the Milo tin and next time it is rock hard

English people who say "ass" instead of "arse"

I'll sort of add to this and say British people who adopt a very bad American accent when saying certain words as a result of popular culture, this can even bother me sometimes when people are singing.

My biggest is without doubt gum, can't understand why people think I need to see/hear them chew away like a cow. Poor table manners in general also bother me.

Karaoke singers who take themselves too seriously. You can (Please don't use that word again) right off! Karaoke is a great laugh with mates but then you go and spoil it by being serious about your ###### attempts to copy (and murder) the great songs.

The feckwit who left a floater in toilet sink in the gents in the building where I have my lectures.

Karaoke singers who take themselves too seriously. You can (Please don't use that word again) right off! Karaoke is a great laugh with mates but then you go and spoil it by being serious about your ###### attempts to copy (and murder) the great songs.

The feckwit who left a floater in toilet sink in the gents in the building where I have my lectures.

haha that's quite funny to be fair

Archived