BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] United/Citeh

Not that it is any of your business, I am deaf as well.

With all due respect to mellison, if he doesn't want anyone to comment on the fact he is deaf, he shouldn't be putting it in his profile.

I can't actually see that AESF posted anything to warrant the tone of your reply to him.

I think it was the "but don't worry, you're just different" toned comments that irritated me.

To be honest, I can't see why he brought it up so publically, apart from to draw attention to it. Surely a normal person would PM an issue like that? I can't imagine anybody else openly quizzing a member with such brashness about a sensitive, personal topic. Dunno, maybe it's just me.

And now I've been dragged into this debate as well. Top work from AESF as usual eh?

Back to the game

United really should of scored late on. Rooney was immense and is a top, top talent - I hate United, but I think Rooney is quality.

Also I dont like Carlos Tevez's attitude - someone wants to give him a good wack....he's a man out purely for money and I dont blame United for not payong £32m for him - I wouldnt want us to if we could afford either.

Agreed. I thought in the last 10 to 15 minutes of the match, Man City were sitting far too deep and inviting too much pressure on them, instead of looking to counter-attack effectively by committing more men forward higher up the pitch, exploiting the gaps and space available and going for a killer third goal.

It was overly-cautious and at times somewhat negative Italian tactics from Signor Mancini I thought. A one goal advantage is slender and may not be enough for them in the 2nd leg at Old Trafford. A third goal would have made a huge difference for City.

Giggs will be 37 later this year, but there's no sign that age is catching up on him. He's still a hugely accomplished player, technically very gifted and comfortable on the ball, especially when playing passes on the deck. High crosses from wide positions have at times been one of his rare weak points. I think if his crossing ability had been a bit more accurate and consistent over the course of his career, he could (and perhaps should) have won the European Footballer Of The Year award at one point.

Obviously his career could have taken a different path if Alex Ferguson hadn't twisted his arm and persuaded him not to sign for Man City as a youngster, which at one point he was all set to do.

In an interview last November, Giggs insisted that even if he had the chance to play in seven major championships for England, he would never have chosen to play for the English national team even if new FIFA eligibility rules had been in force 20 years ago.

Giggs's talent has been rather wasted with Wales, but he insists he has no regrets.

Link to that interview with Giggs here

Giggs has no regrets about choosing to play for Wales! That's a good one. He was invariably injured whenever they played a friendly but miraculously fit to play at the weekend for Manure! And he played for England Schoolboys!

Back to the game

United really should of scored late on. Rooney was immense and is a top, top talent - I hate United, but I think Rooney is quality.

Also I dont like Carlos Tevez's attitude - someone wants to give him a good wack....he's a man out purely for money and I dont blame United for not payong £32m for him - I wouldnt want us to if we could afford either.

If you're referring to his hand gesture after the goal Hughesy, it was aimed solely at Gary Chuckle Brother who was cleverly giving Tevez the middle fingered salute. Surely that's provocation to justify his action?

If you're referring to his hand gesture after the goal Hughesy, it was aimed solely at Gary Chuckle Brother who was cleverly giving Tevez the middle fingered salute. Surely that's provocation to justify his action?

No im on about the cupping of his ears to 'Fergie sign him up'.

United did not want him for £32m...and he didnt like it because his mate wouldnt get the cut he wanted and therefore they went elsewhere for their deal.

Money grabber thats all.... He's also one ugly @#/?! :lol:

In your profile it says that you are deaf. May I ask if you are partially deaf or have a total loss of hearing? You might be our only deaf board member who is a regular user of this website. This doesn't of course make you inferior to other people. It just makes you different.

Don't be so patronising, eh? It doesn't make me (or indeed ADB) different at all! We just can't hear quite as well. I don't mind people making jokes about me being deaf, as I think they can actually be very funny (te bloke who invented flipflps MUST have been deaf!). But if they aren't funny, they're just plain offensive. And if you must know, my deafness (there MUST be a better word for that somewhere) is 'moderate-to-severe'. Without hearing aids in, I can only hear a mumbling when somebody talks. The reason I made the remark about 'me helping' is that we often rely on lip-reading at times when we've forgotten to change the battery in the aids, or when we don't have them in (the bath, swimming, log flumes etc).

If you want more info, PM me :P

Archived